Diabler's Sobriety/Weight Loss Thread

Sol Aristatel

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the advice Heads.  If I lasted 5 years at one job it would be miracle.  I'm think I'm just looking for a break and an easy semester of school needing to only take two classes to finish my likely worthless degree would provide it...

I actually hink I would enjoy being a truck driver for awhile.  Likely better wages than teaching but probably soon to be non-existent job with exponential growth in technology...

There is a shortage of truck drivers from what I understand but the hours are brutal and the pay even worse when you consider everything, much like teaching. But you can make good money.

I would not worry about that job going away. It will be a long time before they can have a self-driving truck. First, they have to get the cars on the road without killing people and then have zero risk with trucks. Probably not really even possible to have self driving vehicles until you can get the human off the road and not kill them.

Nothing is wrong.  Nobody pissed me off.  No family problems. I don't think I have cancer.  Everybody relax.  This ain't one of those gay goodbye threads.  Just don't want any of you to think something stupid happened. 

I'm one of those all or nothing guys.  I can show restraint to certain extent.  But to get where I wanna get?  Balls out.

I'm completely done with the education field.  Pretty much went to the top of the field and it sucks.  Hate it.  I'm out in 10 months. For good. 

Always wanted to work for myself.  Wanna give it a shot while I'm still relatively young.

Put the family in a position where we can completely live off the wife's salary.  So the goal this next year is to completely save my paychecks. Been stashing a shitload for the past 3 years or so.  But need to really pad it to get where I want to get to get this thing rolling the right way. 

Total reboot for Uncle D here.  No gambling.  No forums.  No booze.  Healthy diet.  And I'm gonna get in shape and participate in Pat's Run for the first time.  Gonna get in the best shape of my life.  Balls to the wall in every single aspect. 

You have a couple more weeks to give me shit fellas.  Take advantage.   :cheers

give me a call when you finally make it to buffalo again!

SOL isn't leaving his job unless he gets fired. Probably had a few too many drinks while listening to his laptop music and needed a little pep talk from tgf.

Be hard to walk away from an educators pension at this point.

IDK pal.  I think I'm done with my job.  Although been really thinking HARD about it.  Some good advice in here.

And I don't have much of a PENSION as I have only been in the traditional public school system for 6 years.  The rest were in private or charter schools so I have most of my retirement in a 401k that they offer instead. 

Sal, I read the first 7 pages yesterday. Whatever you decide to do, I will wish you nothing but the best. Personally I’d stick it out until the end, and get back into teaching. You could make a difference in some of these kids life. I’m not in your shoes, so I don’t know exactly what you dealt with.

You set lofty goals, new profession, drop 25 pounds, run a race from NYC to Nova Scotia. Dropping 25 pounds in probably the easiest, but you gain that shit right back.

You will, but just think the job thing through thoroughly. I would estimate you are roughly the same age as I am, early 40’s.

Sal, I read the first 7 pages yesterday. Whatever you decide to do, I will wish you nothing but the best. Personally I’d stick it out until the end, and get back into teaching. You could make a difference in some of these kids life. I’m not in your shoes, so I don’t know exactly what you dealt with.

You set lofty goals, new profession, drop 25 pounds, run a race from NYC to Nova Scotia. Dropping 25 pounds in probably the easiest, but you gain that shit right back.

You will, but just think the job thing through thoroughly. I would estimate you are roughly the same age as I am, early 40’s.

Gracias Roberto.

wow a real post from this guy. not some acid trip stuff

So... Would anyone be too terribly upset if I turned this into a weight loss / sobriety thread instead?

The accountability in front of peers with documentation might be just as effective with my goals. Rather than completely disappearing..

jfc guy quit quitting before he even quit.

Lol, of course Dibby can't quit the forum. Just like me, Dibs loves good ol TGF and all you silly lil degen goofballs who post here. Dibby Dabs ain't going anywhere

Cheers, Dibs. Look forward to enjoying your company here at TGF for many years to come

Was the best game I've ever attended in my life.

#1 Nebraska.  Defending National Champs.  Winners of 20+ games in a row.

Roll into Tempe in 1996 and get curb stomped 19-0.  So awesome. 

Sobriety starts July 29th.  Goal is to completely go dry for an entire month while I jump start the healthy lifestyle.  

No gambling for a month.  No booze.  No beer.  Only healthy meals.  And save as much money as possible.  One month at a time... 

I'll weigh in on July 29th.  I was about 201 when summer vacation started.  No clue what I am now.  But I'd be willing to bet I'm pushing 210 with all the beer and junk Ive consumed the past 6 weeks.  I'm afraid to get on the scale..

Sobriety starts July 29th.  Goal is to completely go dry for an entire month while I jump start the healthy lifestyle.  

No gambling for a month.  No booze.  No beer.  Only healthy meals.  And save as much money as possible.  One month at a time... 

I'll weigh in on July 29th.  I was about 201 when summer vacation started.  No clue what I am now.  But I'd be willing to bet I'm pushing 210 with all the beer and junk Ive consumed the past 6 weeks.  I'm afraid to get on the scale..

The last time I tried this, I lost 18-20 pounds, in two weeks, last fall. I quit then, like a fool.

• 3 weeks later...

Last vacation is over.  Back home.  Back to work full time again tomorrow.   :gun

The next month will be completely dry to give the organs a rest.  Weigh-in #1 coming tomorrow or Tuesday.  

I'm guessing 207.  

good luck the first week will be very tough. brain wants that booze to feel good...........i woke up 10 times last night sometimes just 30 minutes after i was already awake. sucks. will take 2-3 months until i sleep good again but im 22 days sober i feel ok