Diabler's Sobriety/Weight Loss Thread

Sol Aristatel

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you hated before, wait until you get in for real, especially at the middle school level. Teaching is becoming a nightmare. The kids have no respect and are entitled beyond belief and it has been over 20 years since I taught. 

But there is not that much downside. It is good experience and looks on a resume. 

If you are not absolutely sure you want to be a teacher, you will not last. 75% of teachers quit in the first 5 years.

You want to gamble and teach? Forget about that. It is a lot of hours and a lot of them unpaid.

Thanks for the advice Heads.  If I lasted 5 years at one job it would be miracle.  I'm think I'm just looking for a break and an easy semester of school needing to only take two classes to finish my likely worthless degree would provide it...

I actually think I would enjoy being a truck driver for awhile.  Likely better wages than teaching but probably soon to be non-existent job with exponential growth in technology...

My degree is actually in secondary education/social studies.  Taught in the classroom for the good first half of my career.  Whether it was enjoyable or not completely depended on the school and administration.  With me, it got to the point where I absolutely hated it.  When a kid can tell you fuck off to your face, then be right back in your classroom later that day?  It's impossible to teach kids effectively.  

I honestly will never go back to teaching.  I'd be a cashier at Circle K before going back to that.  I'm in administration now and it's a better gig.  But you still have to put up with a lot of bullshit.  I used to babysit kids.  Now I babysit adults and listen to parents bitch all day.  

As far as your last question goes, it depends on the state.  In AZ, you could not teach math at the middle school level unless you had at least 30 hours (I believe) of math courses.  In which case, you could qualify to have math put on your teaching certificate.  That is unless you can get an emergency short term certification with it.  I actually taught 7/8 math for a year one year with an emergency cert.  I think it's even more common now since math and science teachers are in high demand.  

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have.  Good luck pal. 

Thanks Diablo  :cheers

After winning the internet so many times there isn’t much left for you to conquer in forumville

10 % of all realtors make 90% of the money and it’s feast or famine in that business

Have you ever thought of opening/buying a tutoring business ?

Anyways your one of the good ones and wish you well in whatever you do

After winning the internet so many times there isn’t much left for you to conquer in forumville

10 % of all realtors make 90% of the money and it’s feast or famine in that business

Have you ever thought of opening/buying a tutoring business ?

Anyways your one of the good ones and wish you well in whatever you do

- I know.  It gets boring at the top.

- I believe that.  Ive got a ton of contacts and relationships Ive built over the years.  People Ive worked with.  Kids Ive coached/taught.  Coaches I worked with/against.  I think I have a decent base of people to start out with as far as a potential client base. 

- No.  I want nothing to do with education/learning anymore.  Completely burned out.

- Thanks Buddy.   :cheers

diabler can you resist

Betting football?  Haha.  

Thats gonna be TOUGH.  I will have some plays in action though.  I bet my usual 4 teams to win the Super Bowl.  Always pick 1 relative favorite in each conference and 1 long shot.  This year I have the Steelers and Raiders in the AFC, and the Packers and Cardinals in the NFC.

So I'll have some sort of rooting interest during the season. 

My degree is actually in secondary education/social studies.  Taught in the classroom for the good first half of my career.  Whether it was enjoyable or not completely depended on the school and administration.  With me, it got to the point where I absolutely hated it.  When a kid can tell you fuck off to your face, then be right back in your classroom later that day?  It's impossible to teach kids effectively.  

This. Absolutely wrong. I cannot understand it.

I was kicked out of Grade 11 English for answering a question "Who were the Essenes?" with the response "Horses asses?". Gone. Had to go back for another year for just one class. And I was the top student in that high school at the time.

The fucking Essenes were a horsey class in Rome, I think it was.

Oh!!! For Christ sakes, Jackwagon... Not another hey, fucksticks look at me thread... I'm leaving, I'm leaving...come and tell me how much you love me...

Geeeeezus, my wife is a teacher of 1st grade and loves her job, bow up, become a man and get yo sorry ass back to work...

Like I give a Fat Fuck if you go!!!

You come to Vegas and I'll tell you that SHIT to your face..

Just fucking with ya, Diablow... Do what makes you happy... JACKWAGON ...

This. Absolutely wrong. I cannot understand it.

I was kicked out of Grade 11 English for answering a question "Who were the Essenes?" with the response "Horses asses?". Gone. Had to go back for another year for just one class. And I was the top student in that high school at the time.

The fucking Essenes were a horsey class in Rome, I think it was.

It's amazing how times have changed, Paddy.  Some things for the better, some things for the worse.

American middle to lower class parents dont teach their kids to respect anymore.  I hardly ever got in trouble in school growing up.  But if I did, it was always my fault and my parents would back the teacher.  Now days, its completely different.  Parents will defend their kids to the death.  No matter how disrespectful they are.  

Ive been fortunate to be out of the traditional public school system for the past 7 years.  It's somewhat tolerable in charter and private schools.  

But overall, society is in decay in the US.  No doubt about it. 

Oh!!! For Christ sakes, Jackwagon... Not another hey, fucksticks look at me thread... I'm leaving, I'm leaving...come and tell me how much you love me...

Geeeeezus, my wife is a teacher of 1st grade and loves her job, bow up, become a man and get yo sorry ass back to work...

Like I give a Fat Fuck if you go!!!

You come to Vegas and I'll tell you that SHIT to your face..

Just fucking with ya, Diablow... Do what makes you happy... JACKWAGON ...

Hi Jeff. 

Wonder how many of these I’m leaving threads FISTFUCK has done over the years?? Probably a half dozen or more.

I was honestly fucking BLITZED out of my mind last night when I made this thread.  Listening to music out on the back porch with the wife of course.  

Another one of those wake up in the morning and think WTF was I thinking, things.  

I'll tell you this though.  I surprised the hell out of myself at 12:30am last night.  After 15 or 16 beers I fucked like a champ. 

I was honestly fucking BLITZED out of my mind last night when I made this thread. Listening to music out on the back porch with the wife of course.

Another one of those wake up in the morning and think WTF was I thinking, things.

I'll tell you this though. I surprised the hell out of myself at 12:30am last night. After 15 or 16 beers I fucked like a champ.

Well obviously you were drunk. No one makes these sorts of threads sober , pal.