Diabler's Sobriety/Weight Loss Thread

Sol Aristatel

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an agent or investor?

Most likely as an agent.

I haven't 100% decided to get into real estate but I think that's direction Im going to go.

99% sure I'm getting out of education.  Unless something unforeseen happens this coming year.  I'm 95% sure I'm going to start my own business.  If I do, I think it will be real estate.  It checks off a lot of boxes for me.  I'll keep my eyes and ears open though the next year as I plan and 100% decide on something.  

Maybe the lightbulb will go off with a completely different business idea within the next year.  We will see. 

If you hated before, wait until you get in for real, especially at the middle school level. Teaching is becoming a nightmare. The kids have no respect and are entitled beyond belief and it has been over 20 years since I taught. 

But there is not that much downside. It is good experience and looks on a resume. 

If you are not absolutely sure you want to be a teacher, you will not last. 75% of teachers quit in the first 5 years.

This is pretty much spot on. 

Not sure I understand trading in summers off and a regimented schedule either but I’m sure Sol has weighed his pros and cons.

Real estate checks off a lot of boxes.  

Work for myself?  Check.  I'm done working with and for morons.  

Flexible schedule?  Check.  I missed like half of my son's games last year because of my job and it sucked.  I don't want to miss any of them.  

Something that interests me?  Check.  Ive always really enjoyed house hunting. 

Coaching isn’t worth the money you get paid. You do it because you enjoy it.

I coached HS football for basically 20 years.  Last year was the first time since I had my health issues that I didn't coach.

I never got paid one single penny for overseeing off-season workouts.  Coaching over the summer.  Coaching in 7 on 7 tournaments.  Zero.  Zilch.  Nada.

I did it for three reasons.  For the kids.  Because I enjoyed it.  And because that's what it takes to build a successful football program.  

Best of luck to you SD, real estate can be tough if you get in at the wrong time.  Knowing you, I'm sure full due diligence has been performed though.  You are a good poster that will be missed :cheers

Thanks pal.  I got a year to figure it all out.  Main focus getting started will be on my diet, exercise, overall health, and saving every last penny I can.  

i went away for a few months. didnt really miss it

but let me tell you if you want to get sober for health reasons then get the fuck off the forums. they are like russian beer dens. you cant stay sober and post it gets into your subconscoius when every poster is talking about beer

gl

but let me tell you if you want to get sober for health reasons then get the fuck off the forums. they are like russian beer dens. you cant stay sober and post it gets into your subconscoius when every poster is talking about beer

gl

All of my vices are usually intertwined.  

For instance, the thought of smoking a cigarette sober grosses me out.  But put me in Vegas with $1k in my wallet and a good 6 pack in me, I can chain smoke a pack of Marlboros like it was nothing.  

gl

You were a stiff Homosexual human being that never, NEVER should have shown its face until that debt was paid, don't for 1 moment confuse this with SD's reasons for leaving

You were a stiff Homosexual human being that never, NEVER should have shown its face until that debt was paid, don't for 1 moment confuse this with SD's reasons for leaving

nope. wrong. if i left on my own choice it would be to get away from the booze culture

turns out i can both post and remain booze-free but thats just because i know a lot of tricks

boo fucking hoo. Same shit with you, still crying about not being able to stop drinking. 

Go cry to an AA forum,  Else just post winners without the incessant drinking references if you really want to stop...

thats the thing i post winners left and right here. its like everytime i post a thread here 75% chance it hits

not saying i hit that rate but something about this forum i hit at a big clip

thats the thing i post winners left and right here. its like everytime i post a thread here 75% chance it hits

not saying i hit that rate but something about this forum i hit at a big clip

I know you post winners, keep that up.  Without ANY drinking references.  Nobody cares about that