I have questions

IAG

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also...I will give $25 to anyone who can find me the name/artist of this print.

http://i64.tinypic.com/6tffxg.jpg

I asked the store to take a picture and send it to me and this is what they sent. They claimed that it had been sold and delivered already and this is an old picture they had. But you can tell there is a lot of light and reflection and things in front of the picture. It’s horrible.

If you can see, it’s a landscape with hills and old shed/barn and there are some cows laying in field. There is only a glass frame, so the brown at bottom is not a wood frame. I asked the store and all they would say is it came from a company called ”four hands” but claimed there was no image online and they didn’t know name of it or artist??

They also say that I need to make a decision on whether I want it ordered this week because they only go to market twice a year. Maybe that is for art only. I went to the four hands website, but you need to be either a designer or retailer with a special code to be able to see their inventory.

300% markup on furniture fyi

I’m guessing that is why they will not give me the name of that picture. Perhaps they think I will go somewhere else and try to find it cheaper. But they should’ve told me that their policy is not to give out specific information. Telling me that they don’t know who the artist is, or name of pictire it’s just insulting.

I just wanted to take a look at it again. I saw it hanging on the wall when I was there last week, and it wasn’t exactly cheap, so I don’t want to buy it unless I’m sure I really like it. Wanted to look at it again, so I had them send that picture which is awful. I can’t even tell what that is..looks like a window and a Valvoline right in the middle.

my dad's furniture store was 100% markup, which is more the norm

la-z-boy revenue $384k cost of sales $236k, that's "only" a 63% markup

So let’s assume that I did find out what this picture is and where it came from. I’m guessing as an individual I’m not able to order it directly from the wholesaler or whatever. Could I go to another furniture store in town and ask them to order it for me? And would that have any benefit? The store I saw it at is more expensive than the others with which this four hands apparently does business. (They listed local retailers on their site)

Could the price differ drastically from one to another?

Really it’s a matter of being irked with this particular store, and don’t wish to give them any more business than I need to.

So let’s assume that I did find out what this picture is and where it came from. I’m guessing as an individual I’m not able to order it directly from the wholesaler or whatever. Could I go to another furniture store in town and ask them to order it for me. The store I saw it at is more expensive than the others with which this four hands apparently does business. (They listed local retailers on their site)

Could the price differ drastically from one to another?

i would call four hands furniture in austin or vegas, i saw some pictures on their website but not that one

If you get a good picture of it you can search images on google, it might give you info.

Yeah unfortunately all I have is what the salesperson sent me above. I think they purposefully sent me a shitty picture. I think that is because I find it hard to believe they can’t give me a name of this picture. She claimed there were no images online but it would seem that there would have to be something somewhere. And I don’t believe they don’t have a name ...that they do everything by numbers only.

Just remembered I do have a neighbor that works for a competing furniture store in town...she can probably give me some insight.

I also asked the sales person via text if a picture hung behind sofa should be no more than 2/3 of the width of the sofa which I had readas a general rule, and her response was “it would look great behind a sofa..”.

She knows I have concerns about the size , so would rather evade question than give me an honest answer and risk losing the sale. That pisses me off.

Not a fan of the store, but they have some nice stuff.

Try the app magnus

You can submit photos

Not sure what happened there. I downloaded the app, and submitted the photo , and it had a 10 minute countdown and the clutch is expired and nothing showed up so I am assuming it didn’t find anything. Thanks anyway.

Anyone have a Roomba type thing? I know X does, but never heard the report. I looked at them online and there is a great variety of models...some much more expensive...anyone have experience? If I am adding an second-blood on Mach’s hands- cat I definitely need something.

BGS and MM....will filing a paper return lesson one’s chance of audit? I have read that, and it makes sense to me. Any thoughts?

How much do you guys pay to have your gutters cleaned or do you do it yourself? One or two story house? Any thoughts on gutter guards?

I do it myself, not hard, use a hose to flush out the crap, i also have the cheap plastic gutter guards you can get at lumber stores, they come in 3-4 ft sections, they work ok, cut down on cleaning quite a bit.

I do it myself, not hard, use a hose to flush out the crap, i also have the cheap plastic gutter guards you can get at lumber stores, they come in 3-4 ft sections, they work ok, cut down on cleaning quite a bit.

Yeah my neighbor mentioned those. I need to do something. I’m not inclined to get up on the roof and do it myself, but cutting down on the frequency of paying somebody to clean would be nice. Just got the bill for $150. He was here for maybe half an hour....not bad....for him...

Anyone have a Roomba type thing? I know X does, but never heard the report. I looked at them online and there is a great variety of models...some much more expensive...anyone have experience? If I am adding an second-blood on Mach’s hands- cat I definitely need something.

BGS and MM....will filing a paper return lesson one’s chance of audit? I have read that, and it makes sense to me. Any thoughts?

i totally disagree with that, some people have claimed that paper returns get sat on for longer, but that doesn't mean it is less likely to be audited

if you file a paper return, someone has to look at it... if you e-file then the only thing that looks at it is computer algorithms and checking with their other info (w-2s/1099s/etc)

i totally disagree with that, some people have claimed that paper returns get sat on for longer, but that doesn't mean it is less likely to be audited

if you file a paper return, someone has to look at it... if you e-file then the only thing that looks at it is computer algorithms and checking with their other info (w-2s/1099s/etc)

Hmmm...Yeah, just going on what I read. I believe the explanation was that the computer was more likely to catch a red flag. I’m not trying to get anything by per se, just don’t want the headache on the one year it’s super complicated. If it doesn’t matter then I am probably just going to e-file. #saveatree

Hmmm...Yeah, just going on what I read. I believe the explanation was that the computer was more likely to catch a red flag. I’m not trying to get anything by per se, just don’t want the headache on the one year it’s super complicated. If it doesn’t matter then I am probably just going to e-file. #saveatree

paper returns still get scanned into the same system

Yeah my neighbor mentioned those. I need to do something. I’m not inclined to get up on the roof and do it myself, but cutting down on the frequency of paying somebody to clean would be nice. Just got the bill for $150. He was here for maybe half an hour....not bad....for him...

It depends on the pitch of the roof, my house is an 80's split level and the pitch is "normal" it's quite easy/safe to walk around with a hose flushing them out. many newer houses have much steeper pitches which would merit caution. I also ended up removing a fair # of trees that were on my lot line, cutting down on the real issue - leaves.