I have questions

IAG

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez this Roomba thing is huge. I don’t know if it makes sense for me. The house was built in 66, and none of the rooms are extremely big. Rec room and living room...kitchen are decent size..one bedroom.......but in other 3 bedrooms and den I’m not sure this thing can move around enough to really do much. Under the bed and furniture would be nice, but I don’t think it would eliminate my need to vacuum.

Might be nice for downstairs to catch the litter Kat tracks out of box, but I’m mostly concerned about the cat hair that gets in weird places like behind doors and up against the baseboards.

Am I missing something X? Would it suck up something at the edge of carpet next to baseboard in hall for example?

iag you have no job, no kids... you have plenty of time to vacuum the floor

i think you spend 10x as much time/effort thinking about the roomba as it would take you to vacuum the floor every week for 10 years

I would guess I have 3, maybe 4 posts about it,..I probably researched for 10 minutes...thought about it for another 10 minutes.

I would like to have clean floors daily...not just once a week. Even still...

I’m thinking once a week for 10 years is about 260 hours of vacuuming. That is 6.5 work weeks of vacuuming. Yeah..no.

I would guess I have 3, maybe 4 posts about it,..I probably researched for 10 minutes...thought about it for another 10 minutes.

I would like to have clean floors daily...not just once a week. Even still...

I’m thinking once a week for 10 years is about 260 hours of vacuuming. That is 6.5 work weeks of vacuuming. Yeah..no.

ok i thought it was you that was going back and forth with me for quite a while about it, might have been another forum and another poster

the thing makes a bunch of noise, will probably scare your cat, and doesn't do a good job... for us it was a total waste of money and got used twice

granted the $950 i7 would be great, i'm talking about the run of the mill roombas

ok i thought it was you that was going back and forth with me for quite a while about it, might have been another forum and another poster

the thing makes a bunch of noise, will probably scare your cat, and doesn't do a good job... for us it was a total waste of money and got used twice

granted the $950 i7 would be great, i'm talking about the run of the mill roombas

Could be possible a ways back in another thread....the one I got was one step up above the one X got. I think it was $400. Totally worth it if it works...not sure it’s worth the gamble though. I guess I pictured it more the size of a frisbee...that’s on me for not paying attention.

Geez this Roomba thing is huge. I don’t know if it makes sense for me. The house was built in 66, and none of the rooms are extremely big. Rec room and living room...kitchen are decent size..one bedroom.......but in other 3 bedrooms and den I’m not sure this thing can move around enough to really do much. Under the bed and furniture would be nice, but I don’t think it would eliminate my need to vacuum.

Might be nice for downstairs to catch the litter Kat tracks out of box, but I’m mostly concerned about the cat hair that gets in weird places like behind doors and up against the baseboards.

Am I missing something X? Would it suck up something at the edge of carpet next to baseboard in hall for example?

Yes it will clean up against the baseboards. Ours does most of our weekly cleaning. We use our upright for starirs and other places Room can't get to.

Yes it will clean up against the baseboards. Ours does most of our weekly cleaning. We use our upright for starirs and other places Room can't get to.

Good to know. I guess if I’m getting rid of carpet for the most part, it would be easier for it to get pet hair along the baseboard.