Welcome danshan to TGF

Always Call Heads

That reminds me of that story about a Southern woman who goes to this la-dee-da cocktail party in New York City. She turns to a Northern woman and says, "Where y'all from?" The Northern woman looks at her and she says, "We're from where we don't end our sentences with a preposition." So the Southern woman looks at her and says, "Oh...well then, where y'all from.......BITCH!"

That’s a quote from an article by the way. Too many quotations with end quotations to try to figure out, so I’m just giving acknowledgment in this manner.

Lol

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice now show me some lines 

6:00p 307391
307392  South Carolina State
 NC Central                                                                                               02/25
6:30p 307393
307394  Howard
 Morgan State                                                                                               02/25
6:30p 307395
307396  Delaware State
 Coppin State                                                                                               02/25
6:30p 307397
307398  NJ Tech
 Lipscomb                                                                                               02/25
6:30p 307399
307400  Savannah State
 N. Carolina A&T                                                                                               02/25
7:30p 307401
307402  Alabama State
 Southern

nice now show me some lines 

6:00p 307391

307392  South Carolina State

NC Central                                                                                               02/25

6:30p 307393

307394  Howard

Morgan State                                                                                               02/25

6:30p 307395

307396  Delaware State

Coppin State                                                                                               02/25

6:30p 307397

307398  NJ Tech

Lipscomb                                                                                               02/25

6:30p 307399

307400  Savannah State

N. Carolina A&T                                                                                               02/25

7:30p 307401

307402  Alabama State

Southern

XDqhB1B.jpg

Probably be gone by the time limits go up tomorrow. You see now why posting this harms me?

yeah i can see how if you did it regularly it could have a detrimental effect. 

but notre dame would be a play because you think the line will come way down or because you think 13 is too much on that game. what is your reasoning for the play. is 8 right or is 13, i mean assuming it stayed on 13 or near there. i would not expect it to come to 8, do you?

so you would take Notre Dame +13 right? I mean I dont know if anyone is sitting or something but from the model I mean. I see its at 13 so you expect that to come way down!

I’m certainly no pro but I have lost far more than I’ve won by betting a ND +13, the line drops to 11, and they lose by 20. Betting it just because of value. I can’t win that way, kudos to those who do.

yeah i can see how if you did it regularly it could have a detrimental effect.

but notre dame would be a play because you think the line will come way down or because you think 13 is too much on that game. what is your reasoning for the play. is 8 right or is 13, i mean assuming it stayed on 13 or near there. i would not expect it to come to 8, do you?

5pt differences from this model hit ~55%

As I said in the other thread the model is not perfect. If +13 is 55% the fair line more like +11.5.

If you want to get close to the opener just copy kenpom like the books do.

The line will move off 13 simply because I bet it. Lik I said clv is mostly of function of whoever has the most $

As I said in the other thread the model is not perfect. If +13 is 55% the fair line more like +11.5.

The line will move off 13 simply because I bet it. Lik I said clv is mostly of function of whoever has the most $

so 11.5 is the "right" number? and if so does that mean the model needs a tuneup or does it mean the line is not efficient? I am not trying to be a smartass I know I sound like one, but my ?s are sincere

when you say 5pt diff hit at 55% is that a huge sample size and why would that correlate to anything, that seems like noise to me, the hit rate because of a certain difference in the line or is that completely wrong in your opinion?