Stock Market

ERBtheGREAT

What china is doing could/should work, if everyone is forced to sit in place, in a month or two it should run it's course, every infected person either dead, or recovered. in this country we cant force people to stay inside or tell them, sorry, no hospitals available, good luck.

It sure doesn't look like it worked to me.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What china is doing could/should work, if everyone is forced to sit in place, in a month or two it should run it's course, every infected person either dead, or recovered. in this country we cant force people to stay inside or tell them, sorry, no hospitals available, good luck.

China will be fine. First in = first out, huge cash reserves, state ownership and cheap labor.

It sure doesn't look like it worked to me.

They lied through their teeth about the scope of it(prob tens of thousands dead), but theoretically without people mixing it could die out. But it takes time, even in families not every one might get sick at once, the shit in china hit the fan 6 weeks ago, they shut everything down 5(?) weeks ago. Plus by now a certain amt of herd immunity is setting in.

China will be fine. First in = first out, huge cash reserves, state ownership and cheap labor.

The question is how many companies here can survive 6 crushing months? Auto sales in china in feb were down 90%, that'll happen here(maybe not 90),   2-3-4 weeks after demand collapses the auto plants will shut down most production.

China's debt is AT LEAST as much as the United States. Cash reserves mean nothing. The reason China has them is only to manipulate their currency. The yuan is pegged to the dollar - which the United States can just print more of if it's needed.

Why is Trump so fixated on the Fed lowering rates? All he does is bully the Fed. Fed lowers rate .5 and Trump tweets thats not enough?

Lets recap: The Dow has gone up 30% in a little over 3 years of Trump. Under Obama it went up an average of 25% a year. No comparison. Trump is very weak!

I ordered something from china last weekend, the website said it might take up to 6 weeks to get it, we'll see how long it really takes, it's supposedly coming from shanghai.

I can answer that. It will get to you  faster, there are no inventories or backlogs at US customs for small packet priorities.

Why is Trump so fixated on the Fed lowering rates? All he does is bully the Fed. Fed lowers rate .5 and Trump tweets thats not enough?

Lets recap: The Dow has gone up 30% in a little over 3 years of Trump. Under Obama it went up an average of 25% a year. No comparison. Trump is very weak!

Holy shit, i agree with runny. A guy on the business channel said a similar thing...just as you cant fix an engine with a chocolate bar, you cant solve a pandemic by cutting interest rates.

Holy shit, i agree with runny. A guy on the business channel said a similar thing...just as you cant fix an engine with a chocolate bar, you cant solve a pandemic by cutting interest rates.

No truer words ever spoken.

There is only two things that cure. Time and cash.

This is the second time Turnip has poured gas on an open fire. First time he caused a problem, this just makes it worse. Panicked to save his own ass.

Folks dropping like flies all over Europe ECU and BOE gone fishing until everyone dead that's gonna be..

It creates access to cheap capital for businesses that need it to stave off the outbreak. It certainly has a part in solving it.

And Obama had 8 years of 0% interest rates. Pretty fucking hard to ask for rate cuts then.

It creates access to cheap capital for businesses that need it to stave off the outbreak. It certainly has a part in solving it.

And Obama had 8 years of 0% interest rates. Pretty fucking hard to ask for rate cuts then.

Yea, but first things first, you dont paint a sinking ship. Instead of obsessing over interest rates, how about getting some more test kits out there.

I agree with you also, its hard to compare 3 years to 8 years.  Even a public schooler can figure that out.  

It was up for the week. Try harder.

Another very slow RepubliCon. Read my post again. I was talking about today and the 3+ years Pinocchio has been a weak leader. Never did I mention this week. I did say its up less than 10% a year since Pinocchio became President. Pathetic compared to 25% a year under a very strong leader, Democrat Obama!