ERBtheGREAT

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow

financial markets gonna crumble at that pace

Thanks Mike

They will fall for sure, there will be a bottom though(hopefully), the problem is the panic, in seattle they're shutting down schools if 1 person even associated with a school has it, well pretty soon every major district will have someone sick, so they're gonna shut them all down, spread that to public events, sporting events, and it'll ripple through everything.

i dont think there will be a baseball season, are they going to play baseball in seattle, in SF, etc? i dont see it happening.

They will fall for sure, there will be a bottom though(hopefully), the problem is the panic, in seattle they're shutting down schools if 1 person even associated with a school has it, well pretty soon every major district will have someone sick, so they're gonna shut them all down, spread that to public events, sporting events, and it'll ripple through everything.

i dont think there will be a baseball season, are they going to play baseball in seattle, in SF, etc? i dont see it happening.

Easy fella, they gonna play, attendance ain't mandatory.

Easy fella, they gonna play, attendance ain't mandatory.

They can try, but sooner or later some players will get it, then they will quarantine that player and his team - so they do what,  Forfeit? In time players or staff on 3-4-5 teams will get it, you just cant have a season with some teams playing and some not.

It's hard to imagine you could have a situation where the disease is widespread, for teams to constantly travel from city to city, airport to airport,  hotel to hotel, being fed, etc, and not get the virus?

They can try, but sooner or later some players will get it, then they will quarantine that player and his team - so they do what,  Forfeit? In time players or staff on 3-4-5 teams will get it, you just cant have a season with some teams playing and some not.

It's hard to imagine you could have a situation where the disease is widespread, for teams to constantly travel from city to city, airport to airport,  hotel to hotel, being fed, etc, and not get the virus?

You too far out in front of yourself here.

Shit fall down the stairs one at time, same like it go up.

You too far out in front of yourself here.

Shit fall down the stairs one at time, same like it go up.

Could be.

Good old spring break coming up, millions of students from all over the US(and world) mixing for fun and frolic, then dispersing back to their respective cities and states, a toxic stew.

By the way, we have another cruise ship out there off san fran with 3000 people,some of them sick, they have to get them off and quick, forcing  passengers on that one off japan to stay together caused half the ship to get the virus.

I saw another idiotic economic prediction from one of the experts, they said 1st qtr "growth" in china should be flat. They're out of their mind, more like  negative 35 -40%. it's all lies.

Flat  is probably about a 300 billion dollar hit guy 40% around 2 trillion.

If it's 40% the whole world be lookin for work.

Flat  is probably about a 300 billion dollar hit guy 40% around 2 trillion.

If it's 40% the whole world be lookin for work.

I would say chinas 1st qtr gdp is prob -30% at least, 1/3d to 1/2 of their production has been shut down for 6 weeks now, and is only slowly returning.

Actually the worst hasn't even started yet, we're just starting to see mass cancellations and reduced bookings. the worst will come in 6-8 weeks when almost no one is flying. Airlines almost went out of business after 911, I think some did. If you really want to take a chance, wait, they'll be 1/2 the price.

The worst doesn't have to happen for it to be priced in.

The worst doesn't have to happen for it to be priced in.

I agree, but people are still kidding themselves about what "might" happen, a worldwide air travel collapse would be devastating. Oil demand is collapsing right now.

Now granted you have to try and control it, slowing it down brings us closer to a cure/vaccine, but it cant possibly work here(unlike china)

I would say chinas 1st qtr gdp is prob -30% at least, 1/3d to 1/2 of their production has been shut down for 6 weeks now, and is only slowly returning.

That would be more evident in Q2 numbers. A decent chunk of China's economy is state owned to protect it basically. China has more cash than King Tut got gold, they can make a fukkload of problems disappear with out having to mess with rates print money whatever.

Can't apply US fundamentals to anywhere but the US.

I agree, but people are still kidding themselves about what "might" happen, a worldwide air travel collapse would be devastating. Oil demand is collapsing right now.

Now granted you have to try and control it, slowing it down brings us closer to a cure/vaccine, but it cant possibly work here(unlike china)

And that's all temporary. The world isn't gonna shut down forever because of coronavirus.

You guys act like this is an incurable, terminal disease. 97% (on the low side) will be back to work in two weeks of contracting the virus. And eventually, coronavirus will be dealt with no differently than the flu. The idea of containment is quickly reaching the point of ineffectual and a waste of resources.

What china is doing could/should work, if everyone is forced to sit in place, in a month or two it should run it's course, every infected person either dead, or recovered. in this country we cant force people to stay inside or tell them, sorry, no hospitals available, good luck.

That would be more evident in Q2 numbers. A decent chunk of China's economy is state owned to protect it basically. China has more cash than King Tut got gold, they can make a fukkload of problems disappear with out having to mess with rates print money whatever.

Can't apply US fundamentals to anywhere but the US.

China's corporate debt is IMMENSE and they are scrambling to keep businesses solvent right now.

People will have to go back to work. There and elsewhere.