Stock Market

ERBtheGREAT

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current bond market probably has a lot to do with people anticipating the Fed cutting interest rates again.

You cant fix an engine with a chocolate bar, and interest rate cuts wont solve a pandemic. Save the interest rate cuts for a couple months, they are a tool to spur economic activity AFTER things settle down.

You cant fix an engine with a chocolate bar, and interest rate cuts wont solve a pandemic. Save the interest rate cuts for a couple months, they are a tool to spur economic activity AFTER things settle down.

So businesses should pay higher interest rates while they're closed and lower interest rates after they re-open?

So businesses should pay higher interest rates while they're closed and lower interest rates after they re-open?

A 1/4 pt, a 1/2 point doesn't matter. We're almost to zero, save your bullets for when they're burning bodies in the streets. And I'm not kidding, cutting now accomplishes nothing.

Dumb racist Nazi mother fucker. Take your racist Nazi blinders off. A new President is the obvious first step. One that tells the truth. Trump has been a colossal failure. History has proven stock markets do much better under Democratic leadership.

They will be agonizing over interest rates and their bills if people think there will be bodies burned in the street.

Proactive is better than reactive in almost all cases.

As i type there are approx 550 cases in the US, next sunday night it will be 2K or more, a month from now it might be 100K. Look to the future... wait, the market has already moved 1000+ pts several times in the last week and a half, it's ok.

As i type there are approx 550 cases in the US, next sunday night it will be 2K or more, a month from now it might be 100K. Look to the future... wait, the market has already moved 1000+ pts several times in the last week and a half, it's ok.

Yes.  The market is pricing in the idea that companies will be affected by it.  What are you not understanding? 

You think the Fed should do the opposite?  That's ridiculous.

Yes.  The market is pricing in the idea that companies will be affected by it.  What are you not understanding? 

You think the Fed should do the opposite?  That's ridiculous.

NO, I'm not advocating a rate raise. I just dont understand what you're arguing about, reacting impulsively to future's moves is crazy.

It's quite possible, even likely, that the russians will give in and agree to a lousy 1/2 million bb cut  in production(which is what the Saudi's wanted), then the Saudi's reverse everything they said they'd do.

For the russians to stand firm and watch oil prices be cut in half is insane.