Master stock pick thread

WVU

2 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

i absolutely HATE those triple leveraged things, they all trend to 0

the reason why is they recalculate daily, and if you lose 20% you have to gain 25% to be even... so there is a slow-burn on the math especially on the short side

spsx -96.6% over the past 5 years even with a huge crash in the market in early 2020 yikes!

Horrible return.

But... in a diversified portfolio isn't it like holding a +2500 bet against a -4000 favorite as a hedge?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Horrible return.

But... in a diversified portfolio isn't it like holding a +2500 bet against a -4000 favorite as a hedge?

no

it's just a waste of money... drip drip drip every day you hold it because the multiplier makes it a total scam

there was a 5-year stretch where the 3x long regional banks and the 3x short regional banks both lost more than 90%!

how can both sides of a "hedge" be down 90% and anyone takes it seriously

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Screw Andrews said:

Didn't really want any more of this but had to short more TSLA @ $835....makes my average about $767 and about 22K down on the trade....looking to exit this my the first week of Nov. one way or the other...

Good luck, screw.  Every time I see this stock gain, I think of you.  I feel like it rises as bitcoin rises.

On 10/15/2021 at 3:28 PM, Screw Andrews said:

Didn't really want any more of this but had to short more TSLA @ $835....makes my average about $767 and about 22K down on the trade....looking to exit this my the first week of Nov. one way or the other...

You still holding or did you cut your losses?