Master stock pick thread

WVU

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, brokerstip said:

BBIG finally having it's day and now in after hours. Took a lot longer than I originally anticipated and got beat down a couple times after delayed filings, merger dates, etc. I averaged down on it some but will be a very interesting Monday with this one.

I guess I didn’t hold long enough.  Sold at a loss a while back 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

How are you playing this Joe?

Been building my positions in $spsx and $yang for months now. So far look like a fool, but I think I’m just early , not wrong. 
Do hold a very large position is one other single security but other than that , nothing. Even moved my 401k into a mix of mostly cash and some inflation protected funds. 

The big banks , market makers, and hedgies are leveraged right now to unspeakable levels. Check Goldman’s recent 13f for their derivative position for any idea. 

9 minutes ago, Lenn Sakata said:

Please explain these two. Talk slow and loud , as if I'm your dry cleaner. Yang is a regular trade on TD? 

Spsx is a 3x leveraged fade of the SP500

Yang which you should be able to trade at any brokerage is basically the same thing (3x leveraged bet )but it fades the China 50 index. 

Buying out of the money puts on qqq or tqqq would also give you a way to short the nasdaq with some leverage (super risky and don’t recommend ) 

shit I don’t recommend following me at all. I’m just a degenerate 

1 hour ago, joeybagadonuts said:

Spsx is a 3x leveraged fade of the SP500

Yang which you should be able to trade at any brokerage is basically the same thing (3x leveraged bet )but it fades the China 50 index. 

Buying out of the money puts on qqq or tqqq would also give you a way to short the nasdaq with some leverage (super risky and don’t recommend ) 

shit I don’t recommend following me at all. I’m just a degenerate 

i absolutely HATE those triple leveraged things, they all trend to 0

the reason why is they recalculate daily, and if you lose 20% you have to gain 25% to be even... so there is a slow-burn on the math especially on the short side

spsx -96.6% over the past 5 years even with a huge crash in the market in early 2020 yikes!

2 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

i absolutely HATE those triple leveraged things, they all trend to 0

the reason why is they recalculate daily, and if you lose 20% you have to gain 25% to be even... so there is a slow-burn on the math especially on the short side

spsx -96.6% over the past 5 years even with a huge crash in the market in early 2020 yikes!

No argument in general but I still like the play right now.