Master stock pick thread

WVU

if you factor in the preferred equity of 225 million, and the back dividends they owe... aht has a negative 580 million of equity

in a normal year they have 180 million of cash flow, with being hindered by the ashford agreement i would say it's worth about what it's trading at

bhr on the other hand has a positive 200 million of equity, even after the preferreds, which they have been paying the dividends on all along... cash flow of 70 million, if ashford is worth $1 billion then bhr is worth $800 million (more than double the current price)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, fifty cint said:

Can any one tell me what a common stock spin off is or why it takes place? I own Merck and then one day a few weeks ago I own 4 shares of some other stock.Its like $21 and I own4 shares I think.....and did I pay for them???

Thanks

sometimes when a company sells or spins off part of its business, it's part of the deal

1 hour ago, fifty cint said:

Can any one tell me what a common stock spin off is or why it takes place? I own Merck and then one day a few weeks ago I own 4 shares of some other stock.Its like $21 and I own4 shares I think.....and did I pay for them???

Thanks

When I owned GE stock they spun off Westinghouse Air Brake and gave me a few shares.

It's a nice surprise. 

1 minute ago, joeybagadonuts said:

The whole market will be super cheap in another week or two

society breaking down

six flags great america here last weekend... multiple fights (like usual), half the rides closed because they can't get any workers, have the food options closed because they can't get any workers

spending 10 hours in the heat to go on 3 rides and wait in line an hour for a slice of pizza isn't most people's idea of fun... if you can't even have fun at an amusement park then we're all doomed

7 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

society breaking down

six flags great america here last weekend... multiple fights (like usual), half the rides closed because they can't get any workers, have the food options closed because they can't get any workers

spending 10 hours in the heat to go on 3 rides and wait in line an hour for a slice of pizza isn't most people's idea of fun... if you can't even have fun at an amusement park then we're all doomed

Yup. I agree. Shit will hit the fan soon 

check out the reverse repo market the last few weeks 

44 minutes ago, joeybagadonuts said:

The whole market will be super cheap in another week or two

Yep that's why I'm leaving the TSLA short alone....kinda bad I'm out playing golf most days and not even looking at it....but that's how much I think it's only a matter of time....and at $740 I can survive any goofy 1 day move... 

Tough ride with PENN.  Portfolio went from +200k at peak to +40k, sitting at around 255k from a high of around 415k. 

Could sell 50 june 25th 75 calls and pocket around 8-9k tomorrow but if this keeps dipping hard still going to hurt.  Even though I'm up 40k the stress is eating me up, probably better for my health to liquidate everything, take the 40k profit, and dump everything into XOM and collect dividends in a semi-safe stock.  The extra 1,200ish a month in dividends won't make me rich but it will add a steady income with my rental properties and probably add some years to my life with this daily stress lol

On 6/18/2021 at 1:12 PM, Screw Andrews said:

Yep that's why I'm leaving the TSLA short alone....kinda bad I'm out playing golf most days and not even looking at it....but that's how much I think it's only a matter of time....and at $740 I can survive any goofy 1 day move... 

A bitter pill to cover my 200 TSLA short today at $650....could have had at least $100 a share better...but still an ok profit

TSLA crossing it's 50 day MA could be good for it short term.....will look to short again mid 700's

On 6/20/2021 at 11:01 AM, ERBtheGREAT said:

Tough ride with PENN.  Portfolio went from +200k at peak to +40k, sitting at around 255k from a high of around 415k. 

Could sell 50 june 25th 75 calls and pocket around 8-9k tomorrow but if this keeps dipping hard still going to hurt.  Even though I'm up 40k the stress is eating me up, probably better for my health to liquidate everything, take the 40k profit, and dump everything into XOM and collect dividends in a semi-safe stock.  The extra 1,200ish a month in dividends won't make me rich but it will add a steady income with my rental properties and probably add some years to my life with this daily stress lol

did you do anything?

i think penn with covered calls against it is better than xom

On 6/24/2021 at 11:33 AM, D-Hustle said:

can't buy anything cause everything is up

Oil.

1:33pm ET 6/25/2021 Editor's Picks

The number of rigs drilling for oil in the U.S. fell by one in the latest week to 372, according to oil-field services company Baker Hughes Co. The nation's gas-rig count rose by one in the latest week to 98, Baker Hughes said Friday. The U.S. offshore-rig count was up by one in the latest week at 14 and up by three from a year ago. The U.S. oil-rig count is viewed as a proxy for activity in the sector. The metric last peaked at 1,609 in October 2014. Global oil benchmark Brent crude rose to around $75.31 a barrel Friday, while West Texas Intermediate crude, the U.S. benchmark, rose to about $74.05 a barrel. [email protected]Write to Dave Sebastian at [email protected]