Master stock pick thread

WVU

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, WVU said:

I think top golf has a better chance of going bankrupt than going public.

If you're bullish on this vaccine working and America getting back to pre-pandemic life, I'd be bullish on folks going out.  Read somewhere recently that American households have $1 trillion more in checking accounts than they did a year ago.  While lots of people are hurting, there are plenty with money they're ready to spend -- restaurants, event places, travel, etc.

A TopGolf location would average $20+M a year in revenue a year pre-pandemic.  Folks aren't giving up on that if we're getting vaccinated and leaving the house soon.

3 hours ago, Screw Andrews said:

Take the time to read this WVU.....let me know your thoughts...

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4399915-tesla-shares-floating-on-thin-air

Thats a good article.  I agree with his assessment of Tesla’s value.  The stock price is way high, but that really means nothing.  It’s more a testament that the market is broken.  But I play this to make money.  As long as Tesla is treating me with profits I’ll hold the stock.  It can’t hold this fake value forever, but I will be out when it does drop.  I highlight this quote from the article.  Tesla is a real phenomenon.

Maybe it is a shorts’ squeeze, a tremendous influx of investors into an apparent safe bet, the split, robin-hoods of this world, the S&P 500 inclusion effect, Mr. Musk's aura, or a combination of those factors, I honestly do not know

1 hour ago, Roach23 said:

If you're bullish on this vaccine working and America getting back to pre-pandemic life, I'd be bullish on folks going out.  Read somewhere recently that American households have $1 trillion more in checking accounts than they did a year ago.  While lots of people are hurting, there are plenty with money they're ready to spend -- restaurants, event places, travel, etc.

A TopGolf location would average $20+M a year in revenue a year pre-pandemic.  Folks aren't giving up on that if we're getting vaccinated and leaving the house soon.

20 million in revenue is not all that much when you consider the size of the facility.  I’m just not a big fan of the place as most real golfers aren’t.  The location here had lines down the street in the beginning.  Then it just died out long before the pandemic.  Once the newness is over I suspect many locations struggle to meet sales quotas.  

1 hour ago, WVU said:

Thats a good article.  I agree with his assessment of Tesla’s value.  The stock price is way high, but that really means nothing.  It’s more a testament that the market is broken.  But I play this to make money.  As long as Tesla is treating me with profits I’ll hold the stock.  It can’t hold this fake value forever, but I will be out when it does drop.  I highlight this quote from the article.  Tesla is a real phenomenon.

Maybe it is a shorts’ squeeze, a tremendous influx of investors into an apparent safe bet, the split, robin-hoods of this world, the S&P 500 inclusion effect, Mr. Musk's aura, or a combination of those factors, I honestly do not know

Yes robinhood effect is real.....that makes me hold.....although the pain is real right now

Now Jim...you could be stupid today and buy some golf club stock, or you could be as smart as your ego tells you that you are and allocate those funds to hit up ATOM,RESN or NNOX on a dip. Or you can buy some STPK, NGA, PLTR today. 

Do you care more about your ego or your pocketbook? And save your bullshit about diversification, I’m sure you have no stocks in those areas.

5 hours ago, housepicks said:

Now Jim...you could be stupid today and buy some golf club stock, or you could be as smart as your ego tells you that you are and allocate those funds to hit up ATOM,RESN or NNOX on a dip. Or you can buy some STPK, NGA, PLTR today. 

Do you care more about your ego or your pocketbook? And save your bullshit about diversification, I’m sure you have no stocks in those areas.

I'm just an idiot House, I should follow your picks and ignore my own...

49 minutes ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

Everyone should just buy gamestop and get rich.  Missed that one haha

Screenshot_20210122-095439_Samsung Internet.jpg