r/ Wall Street Bets

HinesWard86

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, IAG said:

A little surprising given XRP tied in with banks....or is it?

Not really. It's designed to be used by banks to facilitate transfers.

The thing is that it is owned primarily by Ripple labs - a company. And they have a lot of control over XRP circulation (and therefore price), and own a massive amount of the token. This puts many people off, but the pros are that there is a board, and executives, who can lobby for the adoption of XRP, raise money, and work with regulators, etc. 

A long position on XRP is very different from a long position on BTC. Much less correlated than other coins IMO.

1 minute ago, tailsyoulose said:

Not really. It's designed to be used by banks to facilitate transfers.

The thing is that it is owned primarily by Ripple labs - a company. And they have a lot of control over XRP circulation (and therefore price), and own a massive amount of the token. This puts many people off, but the pros are that there is a board, and executives, who can lobby for the adoption of XRP, raise money, and work with regulators, etc. 

A long position on XRP is very different from a long position on BTC. Much less correlated than other coins IMO.

I’m saying that the crypto community was very anti XRP for just that reason. I don’t think that has changed. 
The WSB people would seem to have same mentality. 

13 minutes ago, IAG said:

I’m saying that the crypto community was very anti XRP for just that reason. I don’t think that has changed. 
The WSB people would seem to have same mentality. 

Oh yes, lot of anti XRP sentiment, for that reason. I guess my point is, XRP is obviously not a hedge on fiscal policy the way BTC is, but it can still make sense to be long both.

4 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

saved me some money

iag what should i buy with 20k, want a double to get that doggie cash back

I only tell people to buy certain (or really mention) things when I am 90 percent on them. Like LTC after PayPal and Doge at .11 ( not my fault u fomoed back in! Lol).  I more say what I don’t like... I would not do much for a week or two to see how this GME stuff plays out.  If anything I would go long on BTC...but WS man mad...they may short it. Hell they may have done it after the Musk pump for a couple reasons.   Anyone’s guess.  But if I see something I feel pretty certain about,  I will let you know.   Are you looking short or long term plays?

5 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

right now i'm mostly holding btc, been making decent money on the swings between 30k-40k

everything else i find a way to lose on... holding some of the doge, dot, omg

wanted to buy sushi but don't know how

Word.  That’s why I don’t really try to trade anymore....i suck at it since large money got in....unless it’s straight shot up like Doge... I’m a far better Hodler. ...much easier in 2017.   I would say at this point 80-90 percent  of crypto is in BTC.   That may change in next week or two..

Is Sushi one of those Defi coins?  Raiders could probably  walk you thru that. I don’t have experience with those. 

2 hours ago, IAG said:

Word.  That’s why I don’t really try to trade anymore....i suck at it since large money got in....unless it’s straight shot up like Doge... I’m a far better Hodler. ...much easier in 2017.   I would say at this point 80-90 percent  of crypto is in BTC.   That may change in next week or two..

Is Sushi one of those Defi coins?  Raiders could probably  walk you thru that. I don’t have experience with those. 

To clarify, that should have said/read 80-90 percent of MY crypto. 

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Thank you for the clarification.

I've updated my spreadsheet...

I just didn’t want people to think that BTC market share /BTC dominance had jumped from  63 percent to 80/90 and FOMO in.    

I mean, some people bought Doge at .08.  You can’t be too careful. Consider said clarification a PSA