Ukraine war thread

mikeman

Just now, mikeman said:

ukraine is prob losing over 1000 men/day killed and wounded, russia perhaps 1/6 to 1/8 of that, something like 80% of casualties in war are from stand off weapons like artillary - russia is firing 5-6-8 times the shells/missiles ukraine is, no way around that math.

You already demonstrated you are more than willing to exaggerate your numbers by 600%.  Your guesses cannot be taken seriously at all

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimmy Hoffa

• mikeman

• vitalyo

• Bigrunner

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I did find it amusing that you called me a nazi because I'm supporting russia(who is fighting against a nazi regime). :mutley

I don’t remember calling you a Nazi.  I posted that both sides throw that term around willy nilly which diminishes the real meaning of Nazi.

12 minutes ago, WVU said:

Mike and other Russia fanboys, are you also a big fan of China?

No, they'll be the next bully in the world, I dont like bullies.

Check this out, russia is sending balloons into ukraine  near kiev - they're getting them to waste their missiles by firing at them along with exposing air defenses. Sound familiar? :deemer

image.png.c3c3bd1e80836a4db0bdc61fc7473c16.png

4 hours ago, mikeman said:

I did find it amusing that you called me a nazi because I'm supporting russia(who is fighting against a nazi regime). :mutley

The only Nazi's in this war are fighting for Russia. To call the Ukrainians a nazi regime is direct promotion of Nazi Pootins lies and propaganda. His original reason for invading Ukraine was to denazify the country. Now we have Pootin's supporters in America parroted this false propaganda. Very similar as to when Dumb Monkey and Huad heard Nazi Pootin say America was funding bioweapon labs in Ukraine. Nazi's Tucker Carlson and Tulsi Gabbard grabbed that lie and began promoting it on Fox News. Then Dumb Monkey and Huad began promoting the lie at Double Standand Hoffa's Place. 

Some rhetoric is so obviously false that a 5th grader can identify the difference between lies and truth. You, Dumb Monkey, Vitalyo, Huad, Tulsi Gabbard and Tucker Carlson on no clue.

How the false Russian biolab story came to circulate among the U.S. far right

gettyimages-1332866552_custom-4ae4628fd5e36a090b3bace20d586e715ac327ea-s1100-c50.jpg

Tucker Carlson speaks during the Mathias Corvinus Collegium (MCC) Feszt last summer in Esztergom, Hungary.

It was a lurid and difficult to believe claim: that Ukraine was developing biological weapons with the assistance of the U.S. government. In fact, U.S. assistance to Ukrainian biological labs has been targeted at strengthening public health measures. Both the U.S. and Ukraine have also signed a treaty vowing never to produce or use biological weapons.

But unlike most Russian efforts to spread false narratives justifying its invasion of Ukraine, this one found a receptive audience in the United States among far-right social media channels, Fox News and followers of the QAnon conspiracy theory.

"It's clearly a case where the U.S. government has been lying; it has mounted a disinformation campaign, if you will, designed to cover up what it is doing," said Fox News host Tucker Carlson recently. He did not offer specific evidence to back that claim.

The false biolab story spread quickly both in the U.S. and overseas, where Chinese state media joined in the effort to push the narrative.

"The Kremlin is intentionally spreading outright lies that the United States and Ukraine are conducting chemical and biological weapons activities," U.S. State Department spokesperson Ned Price said earlier this month. He and other officials warn that Russia was working to create pretexts for its attacks on a sovereign nation.

The biolab conspiracy theory is an example of how Russian narratives can be seized on and refined by conspiracy theorists in the U.S., who can often spread false narratives far more effectively than Russia's own efforts.

Russia has made claims of U.S.-funded biolabs for years

"When it comes to the biolabs, this is an old canard," according to Scott Radnitz, an expert on post-Soviet Russia and an associate professor at the University of Washington in Seattle.

After Russia invaded Ukraine on Feb. 24, he said the biolab narrative grew "from a trickle to a torrent."

"There's this narrative that's been pushed by Russia at least since 2011, about U.S.-funded laboratories that in fact do research on diseases. They're part of a Defense Department program to support public health research in post-Soviet countries. And Russia has always been suspicious of these labs — putting out misinformation, asking insinuating questions through official channels," said Radnitz.

"The Kremlin is intentionally spreading outright lies that the United States and Ukraine are conducting chemical and biological weapons activities," U.S. State Department spokesperson Ned Price said earlier this month. He and other officials warn that Russia was working to create pretexts for its attacks on a sovereign nation.

Merlin, Huad, Dumb Monkey, Tucker Carlson, Tulsi Gabbard, Vitalyo and Double Standard Hoffa sadly believe this lie along with Russia invaded Ukraine to denazify the Zelenskyy regime. :laugh

Yesterday Huad called Double Standard Hoffa a fake Jew. Today Double Standard Hoffa is promoting Huad's and Pootin's lies. Sad but very interesting.

Just now, Bigrunner said:

Merlin, Huad, Dumb Monkey, Tucker Carlson, Tulsi Gabbard, Vitalyo sadly believe this lie along with Russia invaded Ukraine to denazify the Zelenskyy regime. 

:laugh