What am I missing with LIV golf?

Shavencoinpurse

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

LIV Miami at Doral has been a great tournament and much better lead up test than the Valero.  Congrats to Akshay for running away with that one from day 1 though.

LIV definitely needs to play harder courses like this though than some of the ones that they’ve played so far this year.  I’ve seen Rahm, Brooks, DJ etc all get caught in the wind and hit approach shots that were off that rolled into the water, or got lucky and just stayed up.  At Augusta next week with those shaved ATG fairways they’re as good as toast.  At least Rahm knows he can stop just chipping like he’s been doing as his lead up to Augusta.

• 3 weeks later...

If LIV could make this their event every time it would be awesome.  They haven't shown that ability yet.  I expect Andalucia, and Nashville to be cool, but they need to recreate Adalaide every time if possible.  Singapore will probably be a dud.  All of the players love it.  Money of course, but they just seem to have fun playing here.  Plus everybody is just chasing Scottie at this point on the PGA.

Adilaide is an anomaly because australia is starved for "action", sorta like nebraska and the cornhuskers. but it is what it is - a good tourney. That one in saudi arabia where almost no one was there was really sad.

Liv should have adalaid, one in japan, maybe china, perhaps singapore or thailand, even india. Then 2-3 in europe and 5-6 in the US. I heard talk of south africa too, they'd be like australia since they would appreciate the event coming there.

1 minute ago, mikeman said:

Adilaide is an anomaly because australia is starved for "action", sorta like nebraska and the cornhuskers. but it is what it is - a good tourney. That one in saudi arabia where almost no one was there was really sad.

Liv should have adalaid, one in japan, maybe china, perhaps singapore or thailand, even india. Then 2-3 in europe and 5-6 in the US. I heard talk of south africa too, they'd be like australia since they would appreciate the event coming there.

They already had LIV Hong Kong this year.  I didn't watch a second of it, and don't recall it being awesome.  Nor did I ever watch the event the PGA players went and played before LIV on the Hong Kong tourney that paid out well for a mix of PGA/Eurotard.

Yeah South Africa would be a good spot.  They love their golf there, but I don't see it being like this.  Nashville should be a good spot for a crowd.  Hell I might drive up and go to that.

51 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

They already had LIV Hong Kong this year.  I didn't watch a second of it, and don't recall it being awesome.  Nor did I ever watch the event the PGA players went and played before LIV on the Hong Kong tourney that paid out well for a mix of PGA/Eurotard.

Yeah South Africa would be a good spot.  They love their golf there, but I don't see it being like this.  Nashville should be a good spot for a crowd.  Hell I might drive up and go to that.

I watched hong kong, it was fine, not a bust for sure.