What am I missing with LIV golf?

Shavencoinpurse

6 minutes ago, mikeman said:

The worst is when they follow a fan favorite for 8-9 holes and then the guy makes a double and is out of it and they stop showing any of his shots, or when there's only the final group or two on the course(playing twosomes) and they show every thought process of the leader but cant manage to even show the 5-10 second shot from his playing partner.

I'm not sure why you'd want to see shots from someone who is mathematically eliminated.

There's nobody else on the course when the final groups are on 17 and 18.  What else would they be showing?

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

I agree it’s not better, but again only has 1 year with people like you weighing in on why they don’t wanna watch vs the PGA.  Surely they’re gonna be smart about it and make tweaks and changes based on this kind of feedback.

A lot of people like it so it’s good for any who want to watch it to have the option.  They’re the same golfers who still play great in all the majors.  The XFL on the other hand was filled with nothing but utter jokes of never was guys (I know some of the LIV guys like Siwhan Kim have no business being there and are a joke too.)

I have no problem with anybody just not liking it, but there’s been so much negative garbage reasoning against it from the Saudi hypocrisy, the “the players don’t even care anymore and just took a pile of money” argument which is now proven incorrect , the “lol Brooks 3 rounds doesn’t count bro.  Welcome back to real golf where it takes 4 to win” at the Masters only for him to go on and win the PGA Championship (so that was also proven incorrect), that I just don’t get why anybody is so worried about a league they claim to care nothing about and don’t like.

I'm not worried about LIV.

I just don't like it and won't watch it.

I don't see the point of it when they really don't have any ideas that better the game or the broadcast.

I wonder how much they offered these guys to do the LIV tour? You got guys like Ferhety and slugger white who were done and all of a sudden they're out there.

Especially slugger white,(he wear a funny hat) the guy retired like 3 yrs ago, was done with the PGA tour, and poof, there he is doing the same rulings on LIV.

1 minute ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

I'm not sure why you'd want to see shots from someone who is mathematically eliminated.

There's nobody else on the course when the final groups are on 17 and 18.  What else would they be showing?

exactly there's only 2 or 4 guys out there, and the leaders are going to take 5 min to hit their next shot, but after following his partner for 1/2 the round all of a sudden showing a few seconds of his next shot is impossible.

It's a vanity thing where the announcers and producers think their words, analysis, and production are more important than golf shots. They are NOT.

5 minutes ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

Imagine baseball only showing the team that's leading at bats, the team that's 6 runs down, we dont need to show some guy hitting .200 strike out, we need to hear ourselves talk while we show close ups of the team that's winning in the dugout?

That's what you're implying. It's illogical, it's a sporting event you show the event.

2 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I wonder how much they offered these guys to do the LIV tour? You got guys like Ferhety and slugger white who were done and all of a sudden they're out there.

Especially slugger white,(he wear a funny hat) the guy retired like 3 yrs ago, was done with the PGA tour, and poof, there he is doing the same rulings on LIV.

Good question.  1-2 million a year maybe?  Whatever it is I hope it’s more than Brandel Chamblee by a lot.

7 minutes ago, mikeman said:

exactly there's only 2 or 4 guys out there, and the leaders are going to take 5 min to hit their next shot, but after following his partner for 1/2 the round all of a sudden showing a few seconds of his next shot is impossible.

It's a vanity thing where the announcers and producers think their words, analysis, and production are more important than golf shots. They are NOT.

Huh?  They almost always show all of the shots of the final groupings.

They don't show players that were mathematically eliminated unless there's nothing else to cover.

Generally, the players in the last pairings are all still in contention somewhat anyway.  Unless one of them had a terrible round.

2 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Good question.  1-2 million a year maybe?  Whatever it is I hope it’s more than Brandel Chamblee by a lot.

Slugger was the head rules guy, so he had to schlep around 35 weeks/yr to meaningless events, it had to get old. Along comes LIV and you can work 13-14 weeks/yr and make as much, now it's fun and stimulating again.

And for Monkey, they dont show the shots even when there's only 2-4 guys out there, take Rory who chokes a lot, we see every shot he makes for 10-11 holes and then  almost nothing the rest of the round if he's not in it.  showing a shot takes 10 seconds, just do it. WE dont need blather.

• 4 weeks later...

The field at the Wyndham is ok at best.  Bitter tournament for me.  I still hate Ben An for getting Postoned and losing me 20k a few years back.  LIV at the Greenbrier has a better field and cooler fan experience awaiting.  Another smart move by LIV for competing weekends of scheduled tournaments.  I'll watch both.  Nice to have the option.

On 7/9/2023 at 11:10 PM, Gmcarroll33 said:

I wasn’t saying you.  You and Jason are completely reasonable about it.  Others….not so much.

Funded by the Kingdom that was behind the 911 terrorist attack on America.  Killing thousands of innocent Americans.  Funded and tried to cover up the killing of American resident reporter. Supporting the Saudi government is treasonous behavior.  

No need to even mention the human rights record of MBS and his father.

To each their own. 

Anti Americans like Merlin will give it a shot.

Just now, Bigrunner said:

Funded by the Kingdom that were behind the 911 terrorist attack on America.  Killing thousands of innocent Americans.  Funded and tried to cover up the killing of American resident reporter. Supporting the Saudi government is treasonous behavior.  

To each their own. 

Dude nobody likes the fucking Saudis.  They have a cool golf league though which is a different experience than the PGA if you want to watch on weeks where their tournament is a yawn fest. 

The PGA Tour gladly accepted their partnership and money (so what does that say about the PGA?), and their current sponsors do billions every year with these awful Saudi's, and you heat your house in those frigid awful Chicago winters every year with their oil.  But yeah a golf league (no mention that they own a soccer team, host an F1 event, will probably soon own an F1 team) is the worst thing on earth.  STFU dude.  Nobody is asking you to watch.  We're just asking you to grill lol. 

21 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Dude nobody likes the fucking Saudis.  They have a cool golf league though which is a different experience than the PGA if you want to watch on weeks where their tournament is a yawn fest. 

Your so called greatest president,  his son in law Jared Kushner and the former SOS Mnuchin love the Saudi's. Gmcarroll33 try thinking before making false statements to fit a false narrative.  You're not pro America.  You have been exposed. 

First international trip Trump, Jared, Ivanka and Mnuchin made was to the Saudi Kingdom. Unprecedented!

Jared and Ivanka came away with 2 billion. Mnuchin came away with 1 billion.  Trump received 10's of millions in emoulments as president and millions more after. Unprecedented 

All they had to do was help cover up the murder of an American resident reporter and muddy the waters surrounding the terrorist attack on 911.

30 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

Funded by the Kingdom that was behind the 911 terrorist attack on America.  Killing thousands of innocent Americans.  Funded and tried to cover up the killing of American resident reporter. Supporting the Saudi government is treasonous behavior.  

To each their own. 

More politics in sports threads...

BYE.

6 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

Your so called greatest president,  his son in law Jared Kushner and the former SOS Mnuchin love the Saudi's. Gmcarroll33 try thinking before making false statements to fit a false narrative.  You're not pro America.  You have been exposed. 

First international trip Trump, Jared, Ivanka and Mnuchin made was to the Saudi Kingdom. Unprecedented!

Jared and Ivanka came away with 2 billion. Mnuchin came away with 1 billion.  Trump received 10's of millions in emoulments as president and millions more after. Unprecedented 

All they had to do was help cover up the murder of an American resident reporter and muddy the waters surrounding the terrorist attack on 911.

I know you can't help yourself.

Too bad...

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I know you can't help yourself.

Too bad...

Liv golf is all about politics and human rights.  Saudis are trying to improve their awful terrorist and human rights image by investing billions in sports and American Republicans.  This needs to be exposed and not supported. 

10 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

Liv golf is all about politics and human rights.  Saudis are trying to improve their awful terrorist and human rights image by investing billions in sports and American Republicans.  This needs to be exposed and not supported. 

Enjoy explaining this to all of the golfers that play there and could gladly be on the PGA if they wanted to be.  I’m sure they would think you’re a real sane individual.  

9 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Enjoy explaining this to all of the golfers that play there and could gladly be on the PGA if they wanted to be.  I’m sure they would think you’re a real sane individual.  

Then the must believe the people and families of 911 victims who protest outside of Trump venues that host the murderous Saudi regime aren't sane individuals.  

But then again you believe women have no right to grill and Trump is squeaky clean and the greatest president ever.  You and I will never agree. It's an honor to be called insane by a young and dumb political zealot like yourself. 

17 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

Then the must believe the people and families of 911 victims who protest outside of Trump venues that host the murderous Saudi regime aren't sane individuals.  

But then again you believe women have no right to grill and Trump is squeaky clean and the greatest president ever.  You and I will never agree. It's an honor to be called insane by a young and dumb political zealot like yourself. 

Stop bullshiting people and post some picks. 

Bigrunner official record including his March madness picks 7-16-10.78 units. 
42-49 - 15.35 units. 100% accurate and verified. 

20 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

Look I think we're all sorry for their loss and view 9/11 as one of the darkest days in world history outside of Joe Biden being elected president.  However, their children are long since grown by now, and have been well taken care of by all of our tax payer dollars, as have all of them as parents.  If they hate the Saudi's so much they should be protesting every PGA event as their sponsors deal with the Saudi's every day to the tune of billions.  So all that purse money comes from the Saudi's one way or another.  Do they shut their heat off in the winter or ride a bicycle everywhere they go because they refuse to support Saudi oil?  I think not.  We all dislike them to a degree, but they're involved in your worldly existence whether you like them or not.  It's time the move on.  Funny how nobody attacks their soccer team and having Renaldo on it, but if they start up a golf league that's different it's the end of the world to dipshits like you.

1 hour ago, vitalyo said:

Stop bullshiting people and post some picks. 

Bigrunner official record including his March madness picks 7-16-10.78 units. 
42-49 - 15.35 units. 100% accurate and verified. 

Even Richsox implied you were a blatant liar. And he asked your like minded buddy Jimmy Hoffa to confirm.  :laugh

As if partisan Jimmy Hoffa would ever oppose your views are pushback against your blatant lies. 

He treated his like minded buddy HUAD with the same kid gloves he uses for you. Don't you claim Putin is god?

Speaking of Huad, how bout that Ron Defascist.  Was I the only poster that denounced Ron Defascist. Par for Hoffa's Place. Vindication is sweet, very sweet. 

28 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

Even Richsox implied you were a blatant liar. And he asked your like minded buddy Jimmy Hoffa to confirm.  :laugh

As if partisan Jimmy Hoffa would ever oppose your views are pushback against your blatant lies. 

He treated his like minded buddy HUAD with the same kid gloves he uses for you. Don't you claim Putin is god?

Speaking of Huad, how bout that Ron Defascist.  Was I the only poster that denounced Ron Defascist. Par for Hoffa's Place. Vindication is sweet, very sweet. 

God is always capitalized OneFooter.  Show proper respect to our creator.

3 hours ago, Bigrunner said:

To each their own. 

Please keep this garbage in the politics forum sir.