What am I missing with LIV golf?

Shavencoinpurse

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, mikeman said:

nice, i hope cantalay go's too, he's on the rumor block.

They’ll need more PGA stars for sure.  Their qualifying tourney is pretty awful.  Eurotards that have never won, and PGA golfers that can’t win anymore.  Laurie Canter as the betting favorite in any tournament is a weak as hell tournament and deadweight for LIV.

16 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

They’ll need more PGA stars for sure.  Their qualifying tourney is pretty awful.  Eurotards that have never won, and PGA golfers that can’t win anymore.  Laurie Canter as the betting favorite in any tournament is a weak as hell tournament and deadweight for LIV.

I dont agree, they have plenty of stars, they have more stars than the PGA tour IMO. Lets see, they have dustin, smith, rahm, bryson, reed, keopka, maybe gooch is a star.

Who are the true stars left on the pga tour? Scheffler, thomas, spieth, rory, maybe cantlay - after that it's a bunch of guys like hovland, homa schauffly, morikowa. but they are no different than the 2nd tier LIV guys like sergio. neiman, oozie, etc.

15 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I dont agree, they have plenty of stars, they have more stars than the PGA tour IMO. Lets see, they have dustin, smith, rahm, bryson, reed, keopka, maybe gooch is a star.

Who are the true stars left on the pga tour? Scheffler, thomas, spieth, rory, maybe cantlay - after that it's a bunch of guys like hovland, homa schauffly, morikowa. but they are no different than the 2nd tier LIV guys like sergio. neiman, oozie, etc.

I just think they need to get rid of the total deadweight players is all.  There’s plenty on the eurotatd tour that split tours with the PGA that would be great.

Meronk, both of the Hojgaards, Min Woo, Jayden Schaper (really young good golfer that I bet all the time and might just win this week), Matti Schmid.

They could have another English team of Hatton, Fleetwood (he can‘t win on the PGA anyways), Jordan Smith, Matt Wallace.

They want to expand the teams.  What they have in their qualifying tournament for 3 of the last spots on LIV is quite awful and I’d rather they not be in the league.  Go get a young star in the making like Sahith Theegala and let him be captain of his team, and give him a big bonus.  He would probably come.  Finau and Rahm are friends.  Finau would be a good get.

15 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

I just think they need to get rid of the total deadweight players is all.  There’s plenty on the eurotatd tour that split tours with the PGA that would be great.

Meronk, both of the Hojgaards, Min Woo, Jayden Schaper (really young good golfer that I bet all the time and might just win this week), Matti Schmid.

They could have another English team of Hatton, Fleetwood (he can‘t win on the PGA anyways), Jordan Smith, Matt Wallace.

They want to expand the teams.  What they have in their qualifying tournament for 3 of the last spots on LIV is quite awful and I’d rather they not be in the league.  Go get a young star in the making like Sahith Theegala and let him be captain of his team, and give him a big bonus.  He would probably come.  Finau and Rahm are friends.  Finau would be a good get.

LIV has arniban - he's a really good player, pehaps better than theegala, I bring him up because he's a foreigner like theegala.

2 hours ago, mikeman said:

LIV has arniban - he's a really good player, pehaps better than theegala, I bring him up because he's a foreigner like theegala.

Now that's just silly.  Although he was playing solid golf for the last 2-3 months of the year worldwide.

LIV could have an all brown team.  Sahith, Finau, Anirban, Akshay.  Cameron Champ doesn't qualify despite claiming he's half black.  This is no black or brown man.

What are Cameron Champ Career Earnings, Contract, Salary Cap Details &  Breakdowns

I just watched golf channel , talk about doom and gloom, holy cow, they actually said there's gonna be a "running of the bulls" and players will flood to LIV. brandal was beside himself - which was great.

They must know something because there's no way they should/would be predicting a flood of exits under normal circumstances, They would simply say the PGA tour will carry on, etc,

They said if rory or spieth left it would destroy the PGA tour, i think they're leaving out sheffler, IMO he's the next domino, he's the best player in the world and he could get hundreds of millions too.

No chance rory leaves(at least now).

I would assume Rahm is probably getting a friend to come, and getting players that already like to play both US and international regularly.  Not jokes.

At this point when the USGA keeps up the stubborn act of no world ranking points, so no majors for them and the talent left to play against, Scottie Scheffler just might surpass Jack and have 20 majors by the time he’s in his early 30s.

6 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

I would assume Rahm is probably getting a friend to come, and getting players that already like to play both US and international regularly.  Not jokes.

At this point when the USGA keeps up the stubborn act of no world ranking points, so no majors for them and the talent left to play against, Scottie Scheffler just might surpass Jack and have 20 majors by the time he’s in his early 30s.

Rumors scheffler could be going too, I read rahm is in every major through something like 2030, there was talk of LIV adding 2 teams so they need another big name captain.

The only guys that I see not going to LIV are the ones that are really close to Tiger (JT, Spieth etc).  Everybody else I would just say don't be surprised if they announce at some point.

The best thing the PGA Tour could do would be to end this war with LIV, and for both drop the tourney commitment requirements.  None of the top talent wants to play in the Honda Classic, or basically anything outside of the designated PGA events unless it's something historic.  Just like they don't want to go play LIV Singapore where there's no fans.  PGA has a lot of cool tournaments, as has LIV so far.  Let them pick and choose when they want to play golf.  That's all Tiger does now and he's in zero trouble with the PGA.

25 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

The only guys that I see not going to LIV are the ones that are really close to Tiger (JT, Spieth etc).  Everybody else I would just say don't be surprised if they announce at some point.

The best thing the PGA Tour could do would be to end this war with LIV, and for both drop the tourney commitment requirements.  None of the top talent wants to play in the Honda Classic, or basically anything outside of the designated PGA events unless it's something historic.  Just like they don't want to go play LIV Singapore where there's no fans.  PGA has a lot of cool tournaments, as has LIV so far.  Let them pick and choose when they want to play golf.  That's all Tiger does now and he's in zero trouble with the PGA.

They could even set up 4-5-6 challenge tournies a year where LIV guys will be invited, perhaps 25 players from each tour, set up a rivalry. My personal preference is to just give each LIV player(who was once a pga member) 6-7 entries/yr whenever they want.

As far as these defections go, LIV is almost full, they cant handle too many more people - it's 4 with 1 team, 8 with 2 teams. I guess they could scrap the shotgun start and expand the roster to 70-80 players but then they'd prob have a cut and the value of having so many teams might be reduced.

6 minutes ago, mikeman said:

They could even set up 4-5-6 challenge tournies a year where LIV guys will be invited, perhaps 25 players from each tour, set up a rivalry. My personal preference is to just give each LIV player(who was once a pga member) 6-7 entries/yr whenever they want.

As far as these defections go, LIV is almost full, they cant handle too many more people - it's 4 with 1 team, 8 with 2 teams. I guess they could scrap the shotgun start and expand the roster to 70-80 players but then they'd prob have a cut and the value of having so many teams might be reduced.

That's getting it a little cheesy and keeping it like it WWE vs WCW of the 90s.  Just let them play when and where they want.  None of the top players play the stupid events anyways, and far too often they either don't care, or withdraw claiming they're sick or have a back injury or something bc they entered bc they had to and tee'd off so they met their commitment.

I would say the one thing about LIV and the shotgun start is that while you're seeing more constant shots and putts is that a certain part it's just a little too much.  Part of watching golf is making it all seem so important and focusing on shot by shot.  Instead it's just non stop here's a shot, there's a shot from another player.  A little too much at times.  It's usually better by the last round, but it's too fast paced of a broadcast for what golf is really supposed to be.

2 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

WHAT A CLUSTERFUCK

I agree, but it doesn't need to be that way, all the pga tour needs to do is end the war and it's over. then every tournament is back the way it always was - fighting for the best players, now of course the LIV guys wont play when they're playing but that's only 14 weeks, the PGA tour would have 38 other weeks to get decent fields.

Just as I thought, rumors are swirling everywhere that Finau is going to LIV too.  Should be a perfect fit for him as he generally sucks on Sunday.  Now he can finish the tourney on Saturday for a lot of the events.  Hatton rumored too.

Lol this is some joint venture that has been agreed to between PGA and LIV.  All the talent is just leaving and going to LIV.  Unless I missed something, 7-15 major wins since 2020 are LIV now.  What’s it going to take for the PGA to drop their silly line in the sand of playing a LIV event disqualifies you from the PGA nonsense?  About 90% of the tournaments LIV hosted were against PGA events that none of the top players played in anyways.  It’s the dumbest thing the PGA ever did.

LIV should snag the Hojgaards immediately.