Elon!

PatrickBateman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I call that Private Property.

If I own a bar I can toss a troublemaker. No reason, no committee, my bar. Private property.

I’m generally inclined to agree with this, but they want to be treated like a Platform n not a Publisher. 

Yet act as a Publisher, so shouldn’t publishing guidelines be in play? 

Or nah? 

Just now, Jimmy Hoffa said:

They don't author the content, they're a glorified bulletin board.

Wouldn’t moderating/censoring it be in effect a de facto type authoring? 

Because allowing stuff to stay n forcing others to go is a form of publishing, no? 

(Btw, conservatives have been on that position, so you being removed is noteworthy to me) 

Just now, Machiavelli said:

Wouldn’t moderating/censoring it be in effect a de facto type authoring? 

Because allowing stuff to stay n forcing others to go is a form of publishing, no? 

(Btw, conservatives have been on that position, so you being removed is noteworthy to me) 

Think of it as a campus bulletin board. The school doesn't control what people post on it, they only provide the platform. If the school doesn't like the posted content then they can remove it, it's their bulleting board.

Just now, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Think of it as a campus bulletin board. The school doesn't control what people post on it, they only provide the platform. If the school doesn't like the posted content then they can remove it, it's their bulleting board.

That’s fair. 

Not sure I fully agree—as I came to dig conservative criticisms about these social media places—but I cannot argue that your position doesn’t have merit. 

Fair way to look at it n stay hands off. 

4 hours ago, HinesWard86 said:

Three in a row! Triggered!

Lmao, dude doesn't think running matters in basketball. Monkey was one of those dolts that bet on McGregor to beat Mayweather

I almost said that.

God damn are you sharp.

On 8/24/2017 at 2:22 PM, MonkeyF0cker said:

If you really thought McGregor was the sharp side, you wouldn't even consider laying it off.

I would be wiling to be a large sum that Mayweather -450 (much less -333) will have much greater +EV than McGregor +650 when the bell rings.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

The issue is that they do control what people post on it by removing content.  They have liability protections from section 230 of the Communications Decency Act which treats them as a public billboard rather than a private one (or a publisher).  If they want to have control of that content, then they should be liable for that content.

Right now, people who are unjustly censored have no recourse.  Take away those liability protections and see how fair they become in censorship.

And when people are able to sue the social media companies, they would also be able to expose the corruption that the government is currently engaging in.

24 minutes ago, HinesWard86 said:

There it is.

I do think this is what he wants. I think he's smart enough to realize that he made a colossal mistake, and that this is an easy way to go out without admitting failure.

Feel bad for the next CEO of Twitter. The EU is going to eat that company's lunch

Or maybe he bought it never intending to be the long term CEO himself as he has enough on his plate.

Or maybe he has a successor in mind already.

The EU.  LOL.

45 minutes ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

Or maybe he bought it never intending to be the long term CEO himself as he has enough on his plate.

Or maybe he has a successor in mind already.

The EU.  LOL.

Amazing how clueless you continually prove yourself to be. Keep getting your news from QAnon and wondering why you are three years behind on general news and don't know the difference between moderation and censorship

6 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

Unfortunately this doesn’t apply to someone who has little else besides calling people Nazis, fascists, racists, and conspiracy theorists.

Fair. And altho I mostly voted Dem this time, I’m no fan of Runner—given his improper assessments n conduct towards me. 

However, Monkey does know how Runner is and keeps up continuous engagement with him. So… Father/Son angle is still applicable imo. 

Freaking Runner is Monkey’s daddy. Craziness! 🙊

1 hour ago, HinesWard86 said:

Amazing how clueless you continually prove yourself to be. Keep getting your news from QAnon and wondering why you are three years behind on general news and don't know the difference between moderation and censorship

LOL.  I said MAYBE, dipshit.

The revisionist history is great though.  Even though everyone can go back a page to see how you’re lying again.

It’s hilarious how a moron like you continues to use gossip as evidence while thinking people are always telling you the truth if it supports your retarded confirmation bias.  Just another case and point here.