2023 March madness thread

JTGAMBLE

1 minute ago, Bigrunner said:

You were right about Virginia.  Very soft front line. I think one key big man was out against Furman.  San Diego St has nothing but tall and strong players at all positions.  Opposite of Virginia and it's showing. 

Yeah SDST is bigger, stronger, and better basketball players.  Viriginia was not.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Correct you called dook and should be credited with the W there.  I didn‘t agree with RJT’s analysis at all based on what I’ve seen out of dook for the last month.  If Kolzig is gonna track this he should do it right.  He’s forgetting futures losses as well as winning picks and losing picks that’s he even quoted as your plays.

Yeah, not a great Duke take 

Still don’t really like their roster, but Scheyer’s done a great job. Done more with that team than Coach K ever could 

17 minutes ago, rjt said:

Yeah, not a great Duke take 

Still don’t really like their roster, but Scheyer’s done a great job. Done more with that team than Coach K ever could 

I don’t think this is their least talented team in 20 years.  The one that missed the tourney 2 years ago (also turned down the NIT for any trashing on UNC for doing so when players are graduated or transferring all over) was less talented.  The Austin Rivers lead team that got punked by CJ McCollum is probably their worst.  That Jabroni lead team was no good either.  This team right now is peaking but I hope they go down today or any time.

13 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

Worse half of bb I've seen. 11 or 12 to's, 25% from ft line,  crushed on offensive boards. They will get a good ass chewing at ht. I expect a different Duke team shows up in 2 half.

Let’s hope not.  Fuck dook.  Their exit from March Madness is a national holiday we all look forward to.  Kind of doesn’t feel the same without Coach K to hate on tbh though.

52 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Dook is in deep shit without Roach.  Filipowski can’t move these bigs and looks completely scared.

I didn't see any of the game. Followed the first half play by play. Seems like the freshman 7 footer had an horrible game and nobody picked him up. One of the most confident picks I made. Duke -2.5. Shocked at the outcome. 

Was able to buyback close to a unit early and cashed out half my futures at even money. Could have been worse. But fairly pathetic. 

32 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

I didn't see any of the game. Followed the first half play by play. Seems like the freshman 7 footer had an horrible game and nobody picked him up. One of the most confident picks I made. Duke -2.5. Shocked at the outcome. 

Was able to buyback close to a unit early and cashed out half my futures at even money. Could have been worse. But fairly pathetic. 

I'll address the first part as the rest is irrelevant to your tracking. 

Flipowski got elbowed in the chest early by a dude that is 7'1 and weighs 265.  That warranted a foul.  Then they missed a 3 and the same guy on the box out he ran to the other side of the lane and hip bumped him and Flipowski flopped or was actually thrown down by that.  A little later a hard offensive rebound by TN got him a busted eye.  The entire dook team was completely intimidated by this TN defense and physicality.  TN beasted in PIP defense and shots at the rim protection.  The only other comparison I can remember for a dook 2nd round loss is how intimidated they were by the street ball of God Shammgod, Derrick Brown, Jamel Thomas, and Corey Wright in 1997. 

55 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

Was able to buyback close to a unit early and cashed out half my futures at even money. Could have been worse. 

:laugh