2023 March madness thread

JTGAMBLE

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, rjt said:

Sampson gonna murder someone for putting this game in Alabama 

Bah they don’t give a shit about basketball in Alabama.  No excuse.  Way different than when UNC got stuck in Kansas City to play Kansas who cares about nothing but basketball when we were the #1 seed.  I absolutely hate Kansas and their fans.

1 hour ago, KingKolzig said:

houston down by 10 at the half. gmcarroll looking pretty sharp 

That shot was more aimed at UVA than Houston.  If the refs didn’t bail them out vs Auburn they would have zero natty’s with Tony Bennett ball.  It’s the best style they can possibly try but I don’t like it and I think it’s dumb to play slow if you have athletes vs getting out and running.  

Houston plays slow and tough defense but they actually have athletes and get out and run and show them off somewhat.  They were 201st in % of initial shots taken in transition vs UVA ranking 354th out of 363 teams.  I just can’t watch UVA play and would cringe if UNC ever got the athletes that they do and play that style.

8 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

purdue 340th in the nation in pace. you nailed it. not super athetic but when you are the better team you dont play for less possesions 

painter sucks 

Yep 298th in % of initial attempts in transition.  Dook 313th.  Them and UVA all gone before the weekend.  You better have an almost all-time elite half court offense and defense if you wanna play that slow and not run.  Something sort of like 2015 Wisconsin when that was the only sort of matchup that was going to take down Kentucky that year.

every time purdue crossed half court they were double teamed. so they had a 3v2 in the paint and never pushed it even then. i know they arent the quickest guys but they have some high recruits that are good athletes and can drive the ball they just choose to wait for 5v5 

that down syndrome guy outcoached "one of the best" by a mile 

2 minutes ago, richsox24 said:

Rumor is he was having chest pain, went to hospital and had a stent or two put in. 

Yeah and Bronco Mendenhall just had an epiphany that it was time to turn down a comfortable job at UVA making 3 million a year and become a family man and walk away to finally focus on his kids and marriage.  I’m teasing and hope Bill Self is ok of course. 

19 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Yeah that’s a bad beat but they happen the more you bet.  

Fanduel has a policy to refund bets on bad beats. I hope it qualifies. Usually takes a couple of days for refund to hit account.  

Yesterday 3 of my first 4 bets lost by .5 points and the day ends with Gonzaga -4.5. Not complaining but feeling unlucky. Might be complaining is I was wrong on FDU, Kansas St & UCONN. 

1 hour ago, Bigrunner said:

Fanduel has a policy to refund bets on bad beats. I hope it qualifies. Usually takes a couple of days for refund to hit account.  

Yesterday 3 of my first 4 bets lost by .5 points and the day ends with Gonzaga -4.5. Not complaining but feeling unlucky. Might be complaining is I was wrong on FDU, Kansas St & UCONN. 

It happens and you get numb to it.  This useless Gtown 3 at the buzzer covered the spread years ago.  Memphis bettors were not happy.

42 minutes ago, richsox24 said:

I dont think Gonzaga-4.5 qualifies as a bad beat. I'm sure it will be on Scott van pelts bad beat segment though. 

What was the tcu player chasing down the zags player for with 0.7 seconds left and down 4? The game should have ended there. 

Natural instincts! At the end of a close game you never give up. Why did the guy attempt a 3 pointer down 6 with .7 on the clock. Ball had to be caught and launch immediately. At .5 on the clock the shot wouldn't have counted. I hear your point thou. 

I think it qualifies as a bad beat. We will see soon. 

2023 NCAA Tournament: Gonzaga-TCU ends in all-time bad beat with Damion Baugh's near-halfcourt buzzer-beater