TGF Master Political Thread

KingRevolver

1 minute ago, Sharp Square said:

GOP in the last 6 months:
- Banned mask mandates
- Banned books
- Banned abortions

But banning easy access to guns that no one needs in first place that won't help won't stop a thing! They don't give a single fuck about American kids. Pro Life my ass 

- Banned mask mandates
- Banned books
- Banned abortions

All incorrect Sharp.

Mask mandates were finally stopped by a Federal Judge.

Books are approved and banned by independent non-partisan school districts.

Abortions have not been banned. 

• Replies 69.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mikeman

• Bigrunner

• RaiseThese

• kovacsbar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Sharp Square said:

GOP in the last 6 months:
- Banned mask mandates
- Banned books
- Banned abortions

But banning easy access to guns that no one needs in first place that won't help won't stop a thing! They don't give a single fuck about American kids. Pro Life my ass 

You love your masks huh? :deemer

Make sure you wear one covering your bunghole to protect against the monkeypox.

I saw biden say last night that no one needs an assault rifle because deer dont wear kevlar vests. That's not what they're for, they're for defending yourself against people, armed people either in the govt or random thugs and criminals. Basically democrats, people buy assault rifles to kill democrats. When you understand that you'll realize they're never going away.

19 hours ago, WVU said:

I am going to agree with the others here.  You bring up irrelevant stuff that doesn't really effect anyone financially.  I'm guessing you don't have much of a 401k so maybe you don't know that most Americans are getting pummeled at every angle.  You did manage to mention climate change issues, but I'm guessing that is because you live in oil rich Louisiana who can't afford climate change.

I am not looking for approval I am offering what I think because u asked. I only respond to u and offer my opinion because u are one of the few here with any common sense and is worth the time it takes to type this. I have a 401k and I like most have lost a pretty good chunk of cash and hey I am no fkn genius by any means but I am also not irrational and or slow. I didn't include climate change because of Louisiana shit this state is fucked 100 kinds of ways wouldn't make as big an impact as u would think I meant it more on a national level in a short term way w/ an emphasis on helping current oil/gas situation.

Inflation has hurt everyone and u say biden this biden that but Inflation is a world wide problem brought on mostly by a pandemic that hurt every single country and the world wide economy. Biden didn't make the pandemic happen.  Gas prices are high in America and u say biden this and biden that... but look around step back for 1 min and u would see gas prices are higher in tons of other countries as well, for many reasons including a war that biden didn't start.  These are world wide problems that biden or anyone for that matter cant solve with the stroke of a pen. Legislation here could help some but lets face it Republicans wont pass a single bill fuck they wont pass a bill for baby formula because they are scared it may help biden look good. So I ask u where is the root of the real problems here? Biden has been President for just a over a year he hasn't passed enough legislation to make any of the current problems what they are, could dems do more to help I think so and they are trying we will see how much can get done with no help what so ever from the other side. 

Do u think for 1 min that if Biden and dems could solve inflation and gas price tomorrow if they wouldn't?  It would keep biden locked into the white house for 4 added years in a breeze and would make a next election blue wave a complete lock giving them enough votes to really make major changes. But its not reality when the problem are on a scale far bigger than just this country it takes much more work and sadly more time. 

31 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

- Banned mask mandates
- Banned books
- Banned abortions

All incorrect Sharp.

Mask mandates were finally stopped by a Federal Judge.

Books are approved and banned by independent non-partisan school districts.

Abortions have not been banned. 

Cmon Jimmy Republicans have fought to make all these things happen and are still fighting for much of it now. 

Independent school districts aren't pushing the banning of books and or banning them on their own Republicans like Desantis have made this a state and federal issue. The school boards doing this are run by Republicans following this lead. 

Republicans fought to ban mask mandates from day one and would still fight them today no matter what science said was the benefit that is clear. 

Republicans are fighting to ban abortions in almost every red state - just take a look at bills on the floor of state governments across the country - a possibility opened up by a majority republican filled supreme court. 

Let's not act like either of us are fools here by trying to muddy the water as to what's happening and who's behind it.

But where are the Republicans fighting for tighter restrictions on assault weapons, tighter back ground checks. We aren't talking about taking away the 2nt Amendment simply laws that other countries have and that keeps them safer than American children are here today in schools and malls. 

How can we lose kids like this over n over again without doing something? Will any Republican step up and say Okay Dems this is what we can do, something meaningful, so lets vote and pass something tomorrow, who cares who benefits or who looks good by doing it, its needed.  Imma guess none 

14 minutes ago, Sharp Square said:

I am not looking for approval I am offering what I think because u asked. I only respond to u and offer my opinion because u are one of the few here with any common sense and is worth the time it takes to type this. I have a 401k and I like most have lost a pretty good chunk of cash and hey I am no fkn genius by any means but I am also not irrational and or slow. I didn't include climate change because of Louisiana shit this state is fucked 100 kinds of ways wouldn't make as big an impact as u would think I meant it more on a national level in a short term way w/ an emphasis on helping current oil/gas situation.

Inflation has hurt everyone and u say biden this biden that but Inflation is a world wide problem brought on mostly by a pandemic that hurt every single country and the world wide economy. Biden didn't make the pandemic happen.  Gas prices are high in America and u say biden this and biden that... but look around step back for 1 min and u would see gas prices are higher in tons of other countries as well, for many reasons including a war that biden didn't start.  These are world wide problems that biden or anyone for that matter cant solve with the stroke of a pen. Legislation here could help some but lets face it Republicans wont pass a single bill fuck they wont pass a bill for baby formula because they are scared it may help biden look good. So I ask u where is the root of the real problems here? Biden has been President for just a over a year he hasn't passed enough legislation to make any of the current problems what they are, could dems do more to help I think so and they are trying we will see how much can get done with no help what so ever from the other side. 

Do u think for 1 min that if Biden and dems could solve inflation and gas price tomorrow if they wouldn't?  It would keep biden locked into the white house for 4 added years in a breeze and would make a next election blue wave a complete lock giving them enough votes to really make major changes. But its not reality when the problem are on a scale far bigger than just this country it takes much more work and sadly more time. 

The reason gas/oil prices are high is because the market is unbalanced - it's unbalanced because biden is trying to lower US production and we were(and still are) the largest oil producer in the world, then you add in the idiotic russian sanctions and it made things far worse.

If US production rose back to Trump levels, combined with ending the sanctions on russia, the price of oil  and gas at the pump would drop drastically.

3 minutes ago, Sharp Square said:

Cmon Jimmy Republicans have fought to make all these things happen and are still fighting for much of it now. 

Independent school districts aren't pushing the banning of books and or banning them on their own Republicans like Desantis have made this a state and federal issue. The school boards doing this are run by Republicans following this lead. 

Republicans fought to ban mask mandates from day one and would still fight them today no matter what science said was the benefit that is clear. 

Republicans are fighting to ban abortions in almost every red state - just take a look at bills on the floor of state governments across the country - a possibility opened up by a majority republican filled supreme court. 

Let's not act like either of us are fools here by trying to muddy the water as to what's happening and who's behind it.

But where are the Republicans fighting for tighter restrictions on assault weapons, tighter back ground checks. We aren't talking about taking away the 2nt Amendment simply laws that other countries have and that keeps them safer than American children are here today in schools and malls. 

How can we lose kids like this over n over again without doing something? Will any Republican step up and say Okay Dems this is what we can do, something meaningful, so lets vote and pass something tomorrow, who cares who benefits or who looks good by doing it, its needed.  Imma guess none 

So you're mad because a court gave people the choice to wear a mask or not?  How dare they give people free will. that's a democrat for ya. :laugh

Gun laws are getting looser, not tighter, roughly 1/2 the states now allow anyone to openly carry a weapon if they want(without a permit of any kind), your in fantasy land if you thing gun laws will get tougher.

17 minutes ago, mikeman said:

The reason gas/oil prices are high is because the market is unbalanced - it's unbalanced because biden is trying to lower US production and we were(and still are) the largest oil producer in the world, then you add in the idiotic russian sanctions and it made things far worse.

If US production rose back to Trump levels, combined with ending the sanctions on russia, the price of oil  and gas at the pump would drop drastically.

He won't understand anything he is truly the scum of the earth. The lowest of the low and he needs ingest lead for the sake of everyone around him. 

13 minutes ago, mikeman said:

So you're mad because a court gave people the choice to wear a mask or not?  How dare they give people free will. that's a democrat for ya. :laugh

Gun laws are getting looser, not tighter, roughly 1/2 the states now allow anyone to openly carry a weapon if they want(without a permit of any kind), your in fantasy land if you thing gun laws will get tougher.

As usual u aren't smart enough to follow the conversation.  My response was to him saying Republicans were not fighting for ending mask mandates, of course they were and from day 1.  who ended it has no bearing to that response. 

And gun laws are getting looser is exactly why we keep losing more kids and people like u are fine with that. pathetic 

Just now, jasson621 said:

He won't understand anything he is truly the scum of the earth. The lowest of the low and he needs ingest lead for the sake of everyone around him. 

dont u have a wife to beat or a cousin or other family member to sexually assault?  ya know your normal day to day u fkn hillbilly 

Background Check bill HR8 is said to have bipartisan support from both sides. It doesn't do away with any amendments it doesn't take any one's guns away etc, its not radical in any way possible. 

It has been sitting for 2 years because Republicans even who support it won't vote for it for fear of losing NRA donations and fact that it may piss off a hillbilly or two, many of which it wouldn't even effect.

Why can't this be brought to the senate floor today and passed? All it would take is some Republican votes... Dems would vote for it in a heartbeat. 

Its better than doing nothing at all! 

20 hours ago, WVU said:

Trump?  Is he in power at this time?  Move on, pal

That's obvious.  The point being 74 million idiots voted for a #1 criminal.  And the madness will only mutate and many will always vote for the Fascist pigs. America has moved in the wrong direction.  Mr Ginni Thomas was the start.

10 minutes ago, Sharp Square said:

Background Check bill HR8 is said to have bipartisan support from both sides. It doesn't do away with any amendments it doesn't take any one's guns away etc, its not radical in any way possible. 

It has been sitting for 2 years because Republicans even who support it won't vote for it for fear of losing NRA donations and fact that it may piss off a hillbilly or two, many of which it wouldn't even effect.

Why can't this be brought to the senate floor today and passed? All it would take is some Republican votes... Dems would vote for it in a heartbeat. 

A fair example Sharp.

Republicans don't want to lose the NRA funding. Typical politics.

Now from another angle...

Some years back with coaxing from the federal government cigarettes all but disappeared from movies, TV, video games, etc. 

But there has been no mention of coaxing Hollywood, Music and other entertainment entities to remove guns from their offerings. Movies, TV, video games and music heavily promote and display obscene amounts of gun violence. The kind of gun violence that influences our society to cause mayhem and harm.

There is no outcry because the entertainment industry as a whole massively donates to the Democrats. 

Take guns out of their offerings and their sales tank. No more action movies, no more police shows and no more gangster rap music.

Will the Hollywood liberals ever go for that idea?

Both sides are beholden to special intrests. 

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

A fair example Sharp.

Republicans don't want to lose the NRA funding. Typical politics.

Now from another angle...

Some years back with coaxing from the federal government cigarettes all but disappeared from movies, TV, video games, etc. 

But there has been no mention of coaxing Hollywood, Music and other entertainment entities to remove guns from their offerings. Movies, TV, video games and music heavily promote and display obscene amounts of gun violence. The kind of gun violence that influences our society to cause mayhem and harm.

There is no outcry because the entertainment industry as a whole massively donates to the Democrats. 

Take guns out of their offerings and their sales tank. No more action movies, no more police shows and no more gangster rap music.

Will the Hollywood liberals ever go for that idea?

Both sides are beholden to special intrests. 

If they wanted to add a clause in the HR8 that would lead to a real reduction in the guns and violence in Hollywood movies I would be all for that as well and I would condemn every single Democrat who fought against it every chance I had. 

I own guns quite a few of them actually I have since I was 8. I am a Cajun and guns are part of our culture down here many of us learn to hunt and shoot not long after learning to walk.

I don't want to do away with the 2nt amendment and honestly not many do. What the majority want is just something that moves gun control in a positive direction. I am not saying go door to door and take away everyone's gun thats extremists bullshit. But can't we make assault weapons harder to get?  Can't we pass new adjusted laws that put less of these assault weapons on the streets or in gun shops?  Do we really need to have so many of these in America?

The ideology that "oh no if we have less guns the government military will take control" is so fucking ridiculous its sadly amusing. Do you think that some rednecks with ak's they arent even trained to use would be able to stop the US Military if they really wanted to take control. Cmon that even reads stupidly. 

Kids matter more than Guns - how is that not enough to at least get something done. 

41 minutes ago, Sharp Square said:

As usual u aren't smart enough to follow the conversation.  My response was to him saying Republicans were not fighting for ending mask mandates, of course they were and from day 1.  who ended it has no bearing to that response. 

And gun laws are getting looser is exactly why we keep losing more kids and people like u are fine with that. pathetic 

That kid would have been able to buy those guns with new tougher background checks.  And yes, the fact is I'm willing to sacrifice all of you, I'm not willing to give up even the tiniest shred of my rights. Nor am I willing to wear a mask. After 2 long years you still think masks work, WTF is wrong with you?

1 hour ago, Sharp Square said:

I appreciate your views.  Always.  Could the Dems do more to help our own economy?  Of course they can.  But their priorities are off.  As you stated they are more concerned with protecting the feelings of others and more concerned with a war we have no business getting involved with.  How do we write a check for 40 billion when we have our own problems here that could use money thrown into?  I am pissed at our President and our whole government.  He is weak and just not effective.  He is trying to govern the world instead of our own country.

I don’t like the other side either.  I don’t like the Republicans handling of abortion or gun control.  I had criticized them all the time when they were in power.  But this is a Democrat controlled government currently so they need to be taking the blame at this time. I don’t vote along party lines, I vote for who can best lead OUR country.  Biden is not that guy.  I was hoping he could be, but he clearly is not.

priorities, man.  They are all fucked up. USA first.  Not last.  Feed starving kids elsewhere when American bellies are full but not before. Maybe look into passing nationwide rent control.  That is a Democratic line of thinking but they have done zero about the current crisis here at home.

46 minutes ago, jasson621 said:

He is clueless, if US oil production was 2-3 million bbls/day higher(like it was under trump), there would be 1 billion more bbls of oil out there, supplies would be sky high and storage tanks would be overflowing - that's why prices would be far lower.

1 hour ago, rdalert447 said:

The second we give up our guns, tyrannical politicians will turn our military against us.

Lol.  This isn’t 1822.  It’s 2022.  We have been hearing that for over 200 years.  It just isn’t relevant 

Just now, WVU said:

Lol.  This isn’t 1822.  It’s 2022.  We have been hearing that for over 200 years.  It just isn’t relevant 

Sheet, it's closer than ever,  we all saw what happened in australia and canada just a few months ago. They'll beat anyone into the ground if they can get away with it. They cant do that here and guns are the only reason.

• rdalert447 changed the title to Why is Every Liberal at TGF So Angry?
  • Jimmy Hoffa changed the title to TGF Master Political Thread