TGF Master Political Thread

KingRevolver

Book deals and speaking fees. If people are foolish enough to pay them big money for those things, that's on them. At least they made their money honestly, as opposed to many current and former pols.

It's cute when people are so naive that they don't understand that a company paying a politician $500,000/hr. to hear them speak is payback for favors in office and corruption of the highest order.

• Replies 69.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mikeman

• Bigrunner

• RaiseThese

• kovacsbar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's cute when people are so naive that they don't understand that a company paying a politician $500,000/hr. to hear them speak is payback for favors in office and corruption of the highest order.

great point

especially when it's after they've left office... what in the world can bill clinton or gw bush say or do that would be worth anything, i would pay them to shut up

It's cute when cultists who defend every bit of the corruption going on with the current Idiot POTUS and his family, take shots at people out of office that make their money legitimately.  Most of Biden's money came from his book and speaking on Book tours.  https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/09/bidens-earned-15-million-after-obama-administration-1404153

Meanwhile Idiot Jr gets 100K per speaking engagement while his crooked father is in office.  https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/should-donald-trump-jr-be-getting-paid-speeches-n807451

Pretty sure the post I made said nothing to the effect of partisanship. But someone was sure to defend one particular side.

Your Cultist history precedes any one particular post.  A Current corrupt POTUS using his office to enrich himself and his family is false equivalency with what a former Office holder makes on a book tour, and speeches on a book tour.    

My "cultist" history of not voting for Trump? LOL. The problem with you partisan hacks is that you can always try to justify your sheepish mental derangements by pointing your finger at someone else rather than owning it. Never have I defended Trump enriching himself in office (and I really have no idea what you're referring to in the first place). But here you are trying to defend the indefensible with finger pointing like a 6 year old trying to pass the blame on someone else (the side you oppose).

My "cultist" history of not voting for Trump? LOL. The problem with you partisan hacks is that you can always try to justify your sheepish mental derangements by pointing your finger at someone else rather than owning it. Never have I defended Trump enriching himself in office (and I really have no idea what you're referring to in the first place). But here you are trying to defend the indefensible with finger pointing like a 6 year old trying to pass the blame on someone else (the side you oppose).

Yeah, I'll defend an ex office holder making money on a book and speaking tours about his book in America, where it's legal to make money.   I won't defend a Corrupt POTUS and his family profiting off his office WHILE he's in office.  https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/all-the-ways-trump-cashes-in-on-the-u-s-presidency.html/  THAT's Indefensible.   Not one peep about any of it from you Culty, or any of your fellow Cultists, though.    

Yeah, I'll defend an ex office holder making money on a book and speaking tours about his book in America, where it's legal to make money. I won't defend a Corrupt POTUS and his family profiting off his office WHILE he's in office. https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/all-the-ways-trump-cashes-in-on-the-u-s-presidency.html/ THAT's Indefensible. Not one peep about any of it from you Culty, or any of your fellow Cultists, though.

"When Biden ended his term as vice president in January 2017, he filed another financial disclosure form, listing assets and liabilities worth somewhere between negative $897,000 and positive $489,000. But over the next 23 months, the Bidens earned more than $15 million, according to tax filings. Joe Biden got $1.8 million from book tour events and $2.4 million in speaking fees, according to his most recent financial disclosure."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatindera/2019/08/28/joe-bidens-net-worth-how-the-2020-presidential-candidate-built-a-9-million-fortune/#7c82bc91104d

What a coincidence. If anyone actually believes that's legitimate money, they're dumber than a stump. Why wasn't he getting that sort of money before?

And FTR, Trump should not be allowed to use his properties to generate income for himself while in office. It should be a crime and I would never in 100 years defend that.

"Their main sources of income were from book deals they signed after leaving the White House and dozens of speaking engagements, with Joe Biden regularly charging six figures for a single speech."

https://www.businessinsider.com/bidens-earned-156-million-from-book-deals-speeches-since-2017-2019-7

Six figures for a single speech to talk about his book. Yeah. Sure.

If there is collusion and a conflict of interest, they should be prosecuted. End of story.

I'm not the one defending corruption here, bucko. You are.

"When Biden ended his term as vice president in January 2017, he filed another financial disclosure form, listing assets and liabilities worth somewhere between negative $897,000 and positive $489,000. But over the next 23 months, the Bidens earned more than $15 million, according to tax filings. Joe Biden got $1.8 million from book tour events and $2.4 million in speaking fees, according to his most recent financial disclosure."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatindera/2019/08/28/joe-bidens-net-worth-how-the-2020-presidential-candidate-built-a-9-million-fortune/#7c82bc91104d

What a coincidence. If anyone actually believes that's legitimate money, they're dumber than a stump. Why wasn't he getting that sort of money before?

And FTR, Trump should not be allowed to use his properties to generate income for himself while in office. It should be a crime and I would never in 100 years defend that.

Because he wasn't an 8 year Vice POTUS before, Culty.   He became marketable after that experience, and as long as he's out of power, and not lobbying the Gov't, or any other dirty shit for $$$, he is entitled to make money writing about his experiences and speaking of his experiences, if anyone is stupid enough to pay for it.  That's America.  

Since the Idiot is clearly profiting WHILE in office, and you think it's a crime, why aren't you calling for his impeachment Culty?   https://prospect.org/article/emoluments-clause-could-be-tipping-point-trumps-downfall

"but Trump’s profiting from his office is an open-and-shut impeachment count."

If there is collusion and a conflict of interest, they should be prosecuted. End of story.

I'm not the one defending corruption here, bucko. You are.

Nothing corrupt about writing a book, and talking about it, and making $$$ off of it, when out of office, if there are people dumb enough to buy it and pay for it.  

Biden is easy to attack, and I'll gladly continue to do it, but not so much on personal financial issues, where he's been among the more transparent politicians we've had.  

Ahh. Yeah. Everyone cares so much about what a VP has to say. Six figures for one speech worth of care. LOL.

Partisan dope.

I'm not aware of any law that Trump has broken by holding events at his own properties even though there SHOULD be a law against it. What law does that violate?

Yeah they do.   That's why he was able to get that amount.  I don't.  You don't.  Plenty do and did.  It's called cashing in on your popularity.  That's why his book was a bestseller.   That's why he's currently leading in the polls.  He was an immensely popular figure after his VP tour ended.  

There is.  It's called 

The Emoluments Clause Could Be a Tipping Point in Trump’s Downfall

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/09/740020635/middle-class-joe-no-more-biden-earned-15-million-since-leaving-office

"Biden's itemized financial disclosure shows that his income came mostly from his book Promise Me, Dadabout his late son Beau Biden and the book tour that accompanied its release. He also made over $2 million from other paid speaking engagements, an average of over $127,000 per event. Event companies, universities, and community groups were among those who provided for Biden's paid speeches, but not major corporations or industry groups.

Selling 300,000 copies of a book makes someone $10,000,000. Yup. Uh huh.

Libtard math.

Michelle obamas book sold over 3 million copies, 300K is ok but not a blockbuster. looks like the list price of his book was $27, very few prob sold at list(it's selling used right now for 27 cents), so the total revenue from his book might have been $6 million, factor in the cost to publish it, print it, advertise/publicity, ship it, profit for the publisher and bookstore, it's almost inconceivable for the author to make even a million off it.

Michelle obamas book sold over 3 million copies, 300K is ok but not a blockbuster. looks like the list price of his book was $27, very few prob sold at list(it's selling used right now for 27 cents), so the total revenue from his book might have been $6 million, factor in the cost to publish it, print it, advertise/publicity, ship it, profit for the publisher and bookstore, it's almost inconceivable for the author to make even a million off it.

author usually gets about $1.25/book

the book sales are ORIGINAL SALES, so those all went through at list (or discounted list through amazon/barnes&noble/target)

less than $400k to creepy sleepy joe from the book sales, the rest from illegal kickbacks disguised as speaking fees

• rdalert447 changed the title to Why is Every Liberal at TGF So Angry?
  • Jimmy Hoffa changed the title to TGF Master Political Thread