Anyone have a PITBULL?

FISHHEAD

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DogsBite.org - Animal control or health departments in at least 28 U.S. states report that pit bulls are out biting all other dog breeds, including: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin. The oft-quoted claim by pro-pit bull groups that pit bulls "do not bite more than other breeds" is wholly false. Along with dominating bite counts, the pit bull bite is also the most damaging, often inflicting permanent and disfiguring injuries.

http://blog.dogsbite.org/2009/07/pit-bulls-lead-bite-counts-across-us.html?m=1

Montreal, Quebec

In a special addition, we are including statistics for the City of Montreal, poised to adopt a pit bull ban on September 27, 2016. The legislation comes three months after the brutal mauling death of Christiane Vadnais, killed by a neighbor's pit bull. On the eve of this historic vote, Montreal officials released dog biting incident statistics. Over the past 1.5 years, 362 serious dog bite incidents required police intervention. Since January 1, 2015, 137 people and animals have been badly injured or killed by pit bulls or pit bull crossbreeds. Pit bulls, which account for just 4.6% of registered dogs in Montreal, are responsible for 38% of all serious dog bite-related injuries.

Orange County, Florida

In June 2015, WKMG 6 News published the results of county dog bites over a 1-year period. From October 2013 to September 2014, Orange County Animal Services issued 331 citations to dog owners for failing to control their pets that resulted in a bite. Pit bulls and their mixes were responsible for 35% of all bites. Labs followed in distant second place with 7%. German shepherds and chihuahuas each made up 6% of all reported bites. The records showed that 7% of all bites occurred when someone tried to break up a fight between two dogs or rescue a dog being attacked by another dog and 2% of the owners were repeat offenders. (View: g

Portland-Area, Oregon

In March 2015, the Oregonian released results of an investigation of Portland-area dog bites since 2010. The investigation showed that there were 3,940 total reported biting incidents. Pit bulls inflicted 510 of these bites and were responsible for more bites than all other dog breeds. Labs, which outnumbered licensed pit bulls by nearly 5-to-1, fell at a distant second with 427 bites. Among the highest biting rates by breed, pit bulls were number one with a 120 rate, followed by chows with a 100 rate, rottweilers 87 and mastiffs 76. The lowest biting rate breeds were golden retrievers, poodles and pomeranians with 12 and 13 rates accordingly (View: graphic chart).

Houston, Texas

In November 2014, ABC 13 Eyewitness News did an investigation into the number of dog bites in the City of Houston. This is the first known reporting of total dog bites in Houston on record in many years (and possibly ever). Statistics pertain to January 1, 2014 to September 24, 2014 and were supplied by the Bureau of Animal Regulation and Control (BARC).1 Of the 1540 total reported bites during this period, pit bulls led with 518, double the number of the next topmost biting breed, German shepherds with 253 biting incidents. Labs followed in third place with 171. Notably, Belgium malinois were also represented in fifth place with 37 (View: graphic chart).

County, Washington

In August 2014, after a series of pit bull attacks in Western Washington, KIRO 7 obtained bite statistics from area municipalities and learned that pit bulls are 8.5 times more likely to attack than other dog breeds. Of the areas investigated, King County, Pierce County, Snohomish County and the City of Tacoma, only King County collected dog bites "by breed." In that county (presumably excluding Seattle), there were 178 total dog bites in 2013. Pit bulls topped the charts with 36 bites, followed by Labs with 28 bites. However, there are 16,651 labs and only 2,520 pit bulls registered in the county, which means that pit bulls are 8.5 times more likely to bite than Labs.

Boston, Massachusetts

In June 2014, Boston.com published an article titled, 'But, My Pit Bull Would Never Attack' May Be Wishful Thinking. The publication then plowed through several years of dog bite statistics. From January 2012 to June 2014, there were 661 total dog bites in Boston, which includes bites against human, animal and unknown victims. Pit bulls and their mixes were responsible for 27% (180), despite pit bulls only making up 3% of the registered dog population. In 2012, a state anti-BSL law signed by Governor Deval Patrick struck down the City of Boston's Responsible Pit Bull Ownership Act. Ever since, attacks by pit bulls have been on the rise. See: related graphic.

I worked at the Aspen dog pound for a year. I've volunteered at dog shelters all across the country. I've had dogs my whole life. My pittbull mix is the best dog I've ever had.

word

Dogs almost entirely emulate the vibrations of their human. So if human is mentally stable, dog is same

I worked at serval Chicago pounds adding ductwork/AC to all the shelter rooms. More then half of the dangerous dog rooms were some type of pit. We stood on top of their commercial cages to hang the duct and they would attempt to bite you threw the cage.

If you bring kids around a pit you are a special kind of idiot.

My three nieces now aged 9, 7 and 4 have happily coexisted with a 90 lb female pit for almost a decade. I will let their mother know what a mistake that has been

Every sports capping forum has a racist POS.....I see HOUSEPICKS has risen to the fore here at TGF

It's admittedly helpful when a guy just takes a public shit in the fraternal living room. Saves time later wondering if he is just edgy or if he is just your basic fuckwad.

Thanks for keeping it clear HP

My three nieces now aged 9, 7 and 4 have happily coexisted with a 90 lb female pit for almost a decade. I will let their mother know what a mistake that has been

Maybe you don't understand.

If you walk down the street in a nagger neighborhood you wont always get shot, but the chances are much higher?

If you own a pit bull the kids won't always get but, but......

Its not a difficult concept.