Here is trumps way to get the wall up-With mexico paying!

Joe Blow

Mexico's biggest cash cow is under threat from President Donald Trump.

The country's largest source of cash comes from Mexicans living in the United States. That is now under the microscope after Trump issued an executive order Wednesday to start building a wall on the border.

During his campaign, Trump said multiple times that Mexico will pay for the wall. He even threatened to halt or tax cash transfers -- known as remittances -- from the U.S. to Mexico if the country refused to pay for it.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/25/news/economy/mexico-remittances-trump/

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mexico's biggest cash cow is under threat from President Donald Trump.

The country's largest source of cash comes from Mexicans living in the United States. That is now under the microscope after Trump issued an executive order Wednesday to start building a wall on the border.

During his campaign, Trump said multiple times that Mexico will pay for the wall. He even threatened to halt or tax cash transfers -- known as remittances -- from the U.S. to Mexico if the country refused to pay for it.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/25/news/economy/mexico-remittances-trump/

Wonder how much of a drop in revenue Western Union would have as a result? Gotta think a big chunk of their biz is money being sent to MEXICO

A tax on remittances is possible, more likely is a small cross border trade fee, total trade is something like 550 billion per year, a 1% or even less fee would pay for it in a few years.

I just love the shocked look on the biased media's faces as they start to realize that Trump is doing what he said he was going to do.

There is no shocked look from anyone. As usual, it's all in your head.

Trumptards love to tell tall tales.

They don't seem to understand none of these signing statements are binding to anything.

Paul Ryan just said US taxpayers will be funding the Trillion dollar wall.  About 11 years till I can renounce, I wonder how much they can steal from me in that time.

Watch CNN a little, you'll see it, I flip back and forth there for laughs. The Non heterosexual person don lemmon had this dear in the headlights look last night, grim as could be. After mocking him for months about his "mexico will pay for it statements", I think they're starting to realize it just may happen, how do think trump will look to the american people if he DOES get the mexicans to pay for it kinger?

They don't seem to understand none of these signing statements are binding to anything.

Paul Ryan just said US taxpayers will be funding the Trillion dollar wall.  About 11 years till I can renounce, I wonder how much they can steal from me in that time.

The estimates are it would cost 12-15 billion, you only exaggerated by 100 times.

Martha Radditz's tears were not in anybody's head.  Nor were the screams and gyrations from the libs when Hillary's loss was announced.

The people living in a fantasy world would be you libs thinking that if you deny Trump's win long enough that your fairy god mother will wave her wand for you.

The estimates are utter nonsense.  It is not possible to build.

Well, then trump will be proven wrong...and you have nothing to complain about.

By the way, did you see the new machines that Mcdonalds and others are working on, machines that will make hamburgers, they're gonna have self ordering kiosks with machines making the food, all because of the $15 an hour liberal crowd. Yup the libs are gonna put a couple million people out of work, and they'll be hard pressed to find other work, way to go dems.

By the way, did you see the new machines that Mcdonalds and others are working on, machines that will make hamburgers, they're gonna have self ordering kiosks with machines making the food, all because of the $15 an hour liberal crowd. Yup the libs are gonna put a couple million people out of work, and they'll be hard pressed to find other work, way to go dems.

Good, I work every day on new ai/ml algorithms, my hope is to eventually put people like you out of work as well. 

Robotics was coming either way.

This guy is an even worse train wreck than expected. 

That interview with ABC yesterday was a DISASTER.

He has Republicans cringing. 

The guy believes anything that agrees with his opinion. A scary time for the country. 

Voter Fraud. LOL. Let's just logically think about this as the Republicans cringe at Trumps assertion and continued proclamation... So mass voter fraud was committed by 3-5 million people who all 100% voted for Hillary... they did this, for the most part, in one state so that Trump would lose the popular vote but not the actual election. So they were smart enough to defraud 3-5 million votes, but not smart enough to do it outside of California which would actually effect the outcome of the election. 

Trump is going to be sued so many times by the ACLU he may never have time to actually govern.

Guy tweets about cable news all day because that's all he does. It's comical.

A tax on remittances is possible, more likely is a small cross border trade fee, total trade is something like 550 billion per year, a 1% or even less fee would pay for it in a few years.

I just love the shocked look on the biased media's faces as they start to realize that Trump is doing what he said he was going to do.

Not too familiar with NAFTA are you.

Not in fast food, at least not yet, but now the future is clear(or soon will be).

One thing is crystal clear, if the liberals and media are bashing trump, he's on the right path.

Robotics would be a huge upfront cost to franchisees anyway.

McDonald's wouldn't give the machines away for free.

Probably not possible any time soon on a large scale.