New Healthcare Bill passed in the House ..not good for those with pre-existing conditions.

IAG

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every single politician admits it's broken

it has issues. That is 100% undoubtable. But it's an issues that needs prodding and adjusting - not nuking. Have some compassion for the less fortunate for once in your life pal.

Being poor should not be a death sentence if you are sick or have a condition.

Trump said he agreed pre-existing conditions shouldn't be penalized... he had changed that tune and it's unacceptable. It's disgraceful.

People are always so easily scared.

You know what I always tell them?

What was it like before?

We're people dying in the streets before obamacare?

This is what makes Democrats very effective. They know if they give you a handout.... You will never want to give it back.

What was it like before?

This is what makes Democrats very effective. They know if they give you a handout.... You will never want to give it back.

were people denied care and dying before because of it...? Yes cop, they were.

What was it like before?

A handout to require people be able to purchase insurance? Eapecially people who have never gone a day without paying for insurance in their lives and never had a gap in coverage? I was denied until I found one company who would insure me for $1500 per month.

are you really claiming people weren't denied coverage under the previous system?

No I am claiming people weren't denied treatment and dying on the streets like you fear mongers would like us to believe. The less fortunate have always been taken care of.

I took the tax subsidy for the first time this year, and have a good plan now. I don't think they have Blue Cross Blue Shield offered in South Dakota right now. But I will make note of it , and check it out when things come to fruition ....thanks!!

Blue Cross in South Dakota is not a member of the marketplace so that is for rich people that do not need a subsidy.  Avera and Sanford are in the marketplace. 

Blue Cross in South Dakota is not a member of the marketplace so that is for rich people that do not need a subsidy.  Avera and Sanford are in the marketplace.

I see I had Wellmark\BCBS for those years I was paying 500 a month, and I think it would have gone to 700 per month, so last year I switched to Sanford for a year with no subsidy. This year I have a better plan, with the tax credit.If everything reverts back, I could end up back on Wellmark /Blue Cross, but they would still probably be more expensive than Sanford. I do like having the option of going to Sanford or Avera.

I know you guys don't like Cop but this was my bone of contention also, young healthy person getting started in life shouldn't be forced to purchase something they do not need.

In theory as you get older life you are supposed to become more successful and can afford a % of your monthly nut to have insurance where as a healthy young person is just wasting money he could put into investments for his/her future.

It should be a choice if a 20 year old wants medical coverage by all means buy some, but for those that don't they shouldn't be burdened by the ACA.

No system is perfect nor fair and this might be a disaster also but I know the ACA was.

Hi, young people just get emergency care and file bankruptcy when they have no insurance.  They have no assets to protect, yet.  That is like shoplifting and shifts the cost to the people that do have insurance.  People that have property - assets - would lose everything to a big claim and they are stuck paying a premium affected by cost shifting.

Question for TTP/boat/tomorrow's newspaper

With the pre-existing clause gone, what is to stop the insurance companies from simply refusing to renew a policy if someone gets a serious disease like cancer. For example, I find out I have cancer 2 months before my policy renewal. Couldn't the insurance company cover me for those 2 months , then refuse to renew , and then offer me a policy at 100x the price since they already know my condition will cost them X number of hundreds of thousands? Is this how things more or less worked pre-ACA?

If so, you guys must be thrilled with this bill as you, and the insurance companies are going to make a killing!!! Basically only insure people who don't get sick and don't need expensive treatment and get rid of the sick and expensive ones.

With the pre-existing clause gone, what is to stop the insurance companies from simply refusing to renew a policy if someone gets a serious disease like cancer. For example, I find out I have cancer 2 months before my policy renewal. Couldn't the insurance company cover me for those 2 months , then refuse to renew , and then offer me a policy at 100x the price since they already know my condition will cost them X number of hundreds of thousands? Is this how things more or less worked pre-ACA?

If so, you guys must be thrilled with this bill as you, and the insurance companies are going to make a killing!!! Basically only insure people who don't get sick and don't need expensive treatment and get rid of the sick and expensive ones.

This is basically how wal-mart hires - get the younger and cheaper people. If they have to insure them, they are far cheaper to do so. In these insurance deals, the insurance companies rarely lose.

We may need a cage match of politics between big runner and cop.

Hi, young people just get emergency care and file bankruptcy when they have no insurance.  They have no assets to protect, yet.  That is like shoplifting and shifts the cost to the people that do have insurance.  People that have property - assets - would lose everything to a big claim and they are stuck paying a premium affected by cost shifting.

I'm sure 20 year olds with catastrophic illnesses are the norm, it will happen but not to the extent that it cost more than the ACA cost healthy people who don't want insurance.

It's not just 20 year olds( just an example) older healthy people don't want to have to purchase it either.

It doesn't matter you can't unring the bell(all Americans covered) and single payer will be the norm in the future.

We will have a system like Canada at some point I'd imagine whether some like it or not.

Man there are so many layers to this still impossible to know. Before ACA was similar and they never crushed people to that extent. Would get 25/50% increases but never $200 to $2000 type increases that I ever was a part of.

And back then they couldnt refuse to renew you.

Insurance companies may end up being happy depending but as an agent not so much. The worst thing in the world is when people have to change plans or get dropped every year for an agent. The best thing is if your clientele stays steady and just keep paying their premiums and you can post on a Friday morning.

The Dems gave the Rs plan a shot to get them on board. It failed. Now the Rs are going to try to fix their own plan. That will fail. Then come Medicare for All. It all has to happen. If you want Medicare for All, Trump is the greatest thing that ever happened. Clinton winning would have delayed it at least 10 years and probably 20.

The bottom line is that people who have pre existing conditions should pay more for insurance(a lot more), they should still get it but it will cost them. Just as bad drivers(dui's, etc) pay more for car insurance, or that life ins costs more as you age.

Is it unfair to the sick? Hell no, it's unfair to everyone else .

Turn 57 next month

Have seen a doctor only once in last 30 years.......

2015---wart removal on neck

Lone hospital visit EVER prior to one year old was a few years back waking up in hospital bed after blacking out downtown Vegas drinking a "Adios Motherfucker" drink.

Due for complete breakdown

The bottom line is that people who have pre existing conditions should pay more for insurance(a lot more), they should still get it but it will cost them. Just as bad drivers(dui's, etc) pay more for car insurance, or that life ins costs more as you age.

That is true if you think health insurance should be a product. Trouble is that people do not think that. And you aren't going to make them. They want to be able to get treated for cancer when they get it and they live in the richest country in the world and they have surrendered to those people to have certain things. And this is one of the things they expect back in the return. And they will have it.

I agree with this for most part, it just can't be so much that it's basically impossible to have coverage.

if somebody is 35 with minimal savings and gets cancer, is unable to work, I don't know what happens. They could pay $2000 per month or something for insurance IF they can get insurance, but how long are most people are able to do that, even with savings, if they have mortgages, car payments etc.

I certainly don't believe in free college tuition and all lot of the other entitlements, but healthcare – it just seems like one of those things that needs to be guaranteed. We all subsidize things that don't benefit us to some degree or another. Like I said, I pay $4000 in property tax a year that primarily goes to the school systems. I have no kids so it could be argued that I should not be responsible for that, but as a society theoretically we all benefit from an educated population. We all benefit from having a healthy population as well.

Turn 57 next month

Have seen a doctor only once in last 30 years.......

2015---wart removal on neck

Lone hospital visit EVER prior to one year old was a few years back waking up in hospital bed after blacking out downtown Vegas drinking a "Adios Motherfucker" drink.

Due for complete breakdown

Lol wth is an Adios mothrfucker drink?