Crypto mining chat with spankie and plommer

plommer

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joey, PM me what you and plom are looking for and if I'm out tomorrow, I'll stop by a few places if I can. I don't think there would be much hoarding of motherboards/cards around here and may have some stuff in stock. I don't mind to look around when I can. 

Joey, PM me what you and plom are looking for and if I'm out tomorrow, I'll stop by a few places if I can. I don't think there would be much hoarding of motherboards/cards around here and may have some stuff in stock. I don't mind to look around when I can.

Thanks man. I already ordered the motherboard that monkey recommended.

I might take you up on that for the GPUs if I can't find them tomorrow.

$8 a day is a pretty nice rate on a 2k investment

Depends how long it lasts.  I doubt plommer is going to babysit this thing and troubleshoot for a year until Joey gets his money back, and then after that start earning $4 a day if mining is still possible/profitable.

Depends how long it lasts.  I doubt plommer is going to babysit this thing and troubleshoot for a year until Joey gets his money back, and then after that start earning $4 a day if mining is still possible/profitable.

I'm willing to babysit this thing for a year no problem. Its not like I have a full dance card - I basically do nothing all day anyway. 

The rig just sits there doing its own thing on a spot on my computer desk and takes up the space of a $10 milk crate thing I got from Walmart. 

When I get the 2nd machine up and running I'll just stack it on top.

Plommer you live in a fucking jail cell bro?

We already established that, yes.

Jail cell with high speed internet and big screen TV, air conditioning, queen size bed, microwave, oven, stove, fridge, bathroom etc.

And a cat for good behaviour.

My apt was built in the 1940's. I can't help it if some of the walls are brick.

We already established that, yes.

Jail cell with high speed internet and big screen TV, air conditioning, queen size bed, microwave, oven, stove, fridge, bathroom etc.

And a cat for good behaviour.

My apt was built in the 1940's. I can't help it if some of the walls are brick.

i'm actually jealous

plommer how much are you and Joey banking right now? 

Joey is making nothing yet - his machine hasn't even been built as I haven't received all the parts for his rig, this is someone elses rig.

This current rig is earning a disappointing $8 a day with 3 GPU's. The machine is unstable with 3 cards. I'm constantly monitoring it.

Joey is sending the MSI board F0cker recommended. I will try and get more than 3 GPU's going on it.

plommer did you think it would be easier to get up and running? 

I wasn't expecting the problems I'm having,no. I've always been a big fan of ASUS products but this board is flaky for mining. With 1 gpu its rock solid.

Stable with 2GPU's. With 3 or more its a crapshoot.