Crypto mining chat with spankie and plommer

plommer

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think plommer thought it was going to be a plug it into the wall type of a thing. 

Now you know at least the pain I have went through.   :cheers

I don't think so.  Plom knows what he's doing on this shit, I've known that for years, he's been taking computers apart and putting them together forever.  Whatever he's done so far would take me a year.

I don't think so.  Plom knows what he's doing on this shit, I've known that for years, he's been taking computers apart and putting them together forever.  Whatever he's done so far would take me a year.

He didn't even setup the Bios before installing cards. 

And to my knowledge hasn't overclocked the core/memory. 

I would say this is a pretty big learning curve for anyone, regardless of their computing background. 

As they say, welcome to the clusterfuck of mining cryptos. 

Plommer still has much to learn.  The new motherboard will be a new animal in itself. 

The shit thats happening is baffling, I've never experienced anything like it.

For example, 3 GPU's show in system properties then after a reboot only 1 GPU shows up. Reboot and only 1 card - so I physically- remove 2 of 3 cards and now zero cards are showing up. etc etc. Driving me nuts. Also, ASUS is top of the line and makes quality components so having a flaky ASUS mobo was not expected.

At least I have some experience with my first rig and know what to do with the next one.

Guest boatboatboat

It would seem to me there would be a map or set of directions that someone could follow that you just buy the same exact equipment and do it the same exact way every time obviously that's not the case that's what you guys would be doing

He didn't even setup the Bios before installing cards. 

And to my knowledge hasn't overclocked the core/memory. 

I would say this is a pretty big learning curve for anyone, regardless of their computing background. 

As they say, welcome to the clusterfuck of mining cryptos. 

Plommer still has much to learn.  The new motherboard will be a new animal in itself. 

Never read anything anywhere about having to fuck with BIOS settings before installing multiple GPU's. Having said that, I'm comfortable going through and changing BIOS settings when required.

Putting together a "computer" and a mining rig are two diff worlds. 

We will leave it at that. 

The main difference is using risers and installing multi GPU's in 1X slots and having to change BIOS settings.

A mining rig is just a pc with multiple GPU's, you disagree?

Guest boatboatboat

Have 15 guys a day messaging me about their mining problems.

They all thought it was some walk in the park, plug it into the wall and make bank.

I should charge consulting fees.

Yes

Don't mine gold.

Sell pick axes and tents

Econ 101

How many are from plom?

None yet! 

But all of these guys have done almost no research and think they can just plugin a computer with 6 GPU's and make $200/week.  

They literally have ZERO understanding of the Epoch/difficulty/hashrate decrease they don't even know how to calculate ROI. 

80% will be broke or never reach ROI. 

So you build the rig and then who does the computations to mine the coins?   Just some program.  Could you make more if you actually know how to program?

All of the GPU's in the pool compute/solve the algorythms/blocks. 

I'm sure the coder of Claymore is making thousands a day.  1% pool fee. 

No need to mine shit.  Bank. 

Spankie what do you think I should do regarding tweaking the gPU's?

I have the Gigabyte software installed to tweak the graphics cards.

You should probably install MSI Afterburner and slowly increase memory clocks, sir. 

I have Gigabyte graphics cards on an ASUS mobo, why would I install MSI software?

Yea, I learned my lesson a long time ago about chasing profits that can disappear.

Would waste days/weeks working on some prop, then start to win at it, then the books would just stop offering it.

Never again.  Working forever on this soccer model, but eventually it's gonna make me filthy rich.

Spankie what do you think I should do regarding tweaking the gPU's?

I have the Gigabyte software installed to tweak the graphics cards.

I think you shouldn't use the Gigabyte software and install MSI Afterburner and reduce power settings to 60% and slowly increase the Mem clock until its stable and then slowly increase the Core clock until it's stable as well. 

The most critical part of GPU mining setup is overclocking your cards to increase your efficiency by 15-20%.