What am I missing with LIV golf?

Shavencoinpurse

24 minutes ago, mikeman said:

You left of tons of fantastic players, far better than the clowns on the supposed elevated event at pebble beach.

image.thumb.png.de4005d20f096365505d97bf1fc6164b.png

image.png.d699cfe4828c4931bc6e86c973cfd74b.png

So you changed your tune from must watch on tv guys that move the needle, to now it’s just about being a good golfer.  Yes Niemann is a good golfer just as Wyndham is.  Bubba Watson and Patrick Reed are no longer good golfers or anybody that fans wanna watch.  Charles Howell was a journeyman on the PGA tour.  Sergio is way past his day.  As is Paul Casey and Louis Oosthuizen.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

So you changed your tune from must watch on tv guys that move the needle, to now it’s just about being a good golfer.  Yes Niemann is a good golfer just as Wyndham is.  Bubba Watson and Patrick Reed are no longer good golfers or anybody that fans wanna watch.  Charles Howell was a journeyman on the PGA tour.  Sergio is way past his day.  As is Paul Casey and Louis Oosthuizen.

You're polishing your knob on that abergs head and ignoring Nieman, who's the same player. reed is not washed up, he's better than thomas, speith and basically anyone else on the PGA tour other than scheffler and Rory.

10 minutes ago, mikeman said:

You're polishing your knob on that abergs head and ignoring Nieman, who's the same player. reed is not washed up, he's better than thomas, speith and basically anyone else on the PGA tour other than scheffler and Rory.

Lol you’re trying way too hard to troll or just dumb.  Not gonna waste any time over Niemann vs Aberg as Niemann won the Genesis when it was loaded.  I was never shy to bet Niemann.  Patrick Reed was 100% washed up when he left the PGA and hasn’t won anything on LIV for a reason.  151st in sgt his last year there.  Yeah a real talent in his prime.

1 minute ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Lol you’re trying way too hard to troll or just dumb.  Not gonna waste any time over Niemann vs Aberg as Niemann won the Genesis when it was loaded.  Patrick Reed was 100% washed up when he left the PGA and hasn’t won anything on LIV for a reason.  151st in sgt his last year there.  Yeah a real talent in his prime.

Please PM me with some of those nudies of pavone, detry and hubbard that you're jerking off to. :lol

6 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Please PM me with some of those nudies of pavone, detry and hubbard that you're jerking off to. :lol

Well that tourney probably won’t even finish, but it doesn’t change your takes being either hilariously dumb or noted as troll.

I mean I enjoy LIV for what it is vs hating on it for no reason like others, but  I doubt you would bet anything on LIV to have a player win a major this year.  They’re hard enough as is but limited to basically Rahm, Bryson, and Brooks (Cameron Smith and DJ don’t seem to be clicking over the past year).  But hey go load up on Sergio or Pat Reed at a major since they’re superior to 99% of the PGA.

28 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Well that tourney probably won’t even finish, but it doesn’t change your takes being either hilariously dumb or noted as troll.

I mean I enjoy LIV for what it is vs hating on it for no reason like others, but  I doubt you would bet anything on LIV to have a player win a major this year.  They’re hard enough as is but limited to basically Rahm, Bryson, and Brooks (Cameron Smith and DJ don’t seem to be clicking over the past year).  But hey go load up on Sergio or Pat Reed at a major since they’re superior to 99% of the PGA.

Huh? i would say rahm, koepka, smith, and even DJ have a far better chance of winning a major than Rory, am I wrong on that? 

Scheffler prob has the best shot on the PGA tour, finau cant win a major, who else is there, yea someone may step up and get their 1 off, but big deal.

7 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Huh? i would say rahm, koepka, smith, and even DJ have a far better chance of winning a major than Rory, am I wrong on that? 

Scheffler prob has the best shot on the PGA tour, finau cant win a major, who else is there, yea someone may step up and get their 1 off, but big deal.

I suggest you consult datagolf on the error of their model rankings asap.  Every year you don't have to scroll at all to figure who is going to win the Masters.  I don't see Patrick Reed and Sergio on here for some reason.  They must fix this asap.

Although Meronk's rating is hilariously low to me.  At least for the Masters when you only have to beat 20 guys and his performance on long par 3s and par 4s.  Rory was dead to rights if he didn't chip his ball in the water on that par 3.  Fucker cost me 20k, and I'm still salty about the 250k he lost me as the betting favorite going into R4 in a 2 horse race on eurotard land a few years ago.

image.thumb.png.b1e38b9ce254daadc31226cd6ad87a0c.png

36 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Another fine tourney just ended in a playoff - neiman collects a cool $4 million.

I noticed the bubbly troy mullins wasn't on the broadcast, she was my favorite, the other two are kinda dull.

Multitalented on the greens: The inimitable style of Troy Mullins ...

That was a good tournament and good coverage.  Better to have than not have while the PGA showed last years Pebble due to weather.  They still have broadcasting changes to tweak, but it’s not going anywhere so it’s best that it becomes broadcasted as best as possible for golf fans that want it to be closer to the PGA broadcast.

7 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Wyndham officially wins Pebble.  Ugghhh I was so close to betting him at that number.  I chose Beau Hossler instead.

Hossler has never won and he likely never will. He's the one golfer that cant get a hot wife, think about that.

47 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Hossler has never won and he likely never will. He's the one golfer that cant get a hot wife, think about that.

He’s historically God awful off the tee and approach.  Somehow he’d turned that around the last few months.  I thought he was perhaps due at a course like Pebble where the driver isn’t required.  

He’s one of those dude’s along with Detry that no way is he winning at the right tourney that I don’t win on.  How Detry hasn’t won anything is a mystery.  Man that dude has cost me so much money.  Had 112k on him last week.  108k on Pendrith and 20k on the German.  Congrats Pavon.  That stupid sprinkler head, and awful decision to pull a Kyle Stanley on that par 5 were all she wrote.

LIV’s gamble against Pebble and Phoenix (coolest tournament in golf) has worked out lucky and great.  Pebble was a wash out, and Phoenix is cold and rainy and can’t even play (I have Sahith so they can go ahead and just shorten it to 54 holes).  No fun.  LIV Vegas is cold and this last round is freaking tough.  Wind ripping, cold, thick rough.  Great tourney and broadcast.  I have DJ and Kokrak.

DJ!!!  Ha I finally win on LIV.  That was a solid tournament.

Even had a buddy texting me saying that he finds the PGA Tour utterly boring now vs LIV.  LIV needs some broadcasting tweaks, but the PGA is getting too watered down week to week to have the easy 50 year tv advantage.  Why Viktor, Xander, Cantlay, Finau etc weren’t in this tournament is pretty sad.

56 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

DJ!!!  Ha I finally win on LIV.  That was a solid tournament.

Even had a buddy texting me saying that he finds the PGA Tour utterly boring now vs LIV.  LIV needs some broadcasting tweaks, but the PGA is getting too watered down week to week to have the easy 50 year tv advantage.  Why Viktor, Xander, Cantlay, Finau etc weren’t in this tournament is pretty sad.

I thought the terrible conditions at LIV made for a lot of excitement as well.

Now this is just sad.  Phoenix and the Masters are the two coolest events in golf.  Yeah the weather sucked, but half the talent not showing up didn't help anything either.  This looks just like the Honda Classic last year which had them end their sponsorship bc it was so pathetic.

29 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Now this is just sad.  Phoenix and the Masters are the two coolest events in golf.  Yeah the weather sucked, but half the talent not showing up didn't help anything either.  This looks just like the Honda Classic last year which had them end their sponsorship bc it was so pathetic.

I heard they cut the beer off for the rest of the tourney because some PGA losers like zach johnson got upset with the yelling.

21 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I heard they cut the beer off for the rest of the tourney because some PGA losers like zach johnson got upset with the yelling.

He was always an unlikeable douche.  Why the PGA is allowing him to dictate anything at his age and game is a shame on them.  Same with Tiger.  Nike dropped him knowing he’s irrelevant as a professional golfer moving forward.  The PGA needs to move on from Tiger already and keep the best players.  Instead all they do is copy LIV and the best players go to LIV.  Funny how Rory has totally flip flopped his attitude of LIV since Rahm went.

This WMPO is completely sad.  B2B weeks that the PGA was outdone by LIV against all odds.  Never did I think LIV Vegas would be a bigger success than the WMPO but it was.  Mayakoba was way better than a rained out Pebble obviously.