Top Posters In This Topic

• mikeman

• Bigrunner

• RaiseThese

• kovacsbar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, mikeman said:

If you think for an instant they're not trying to destroy the country, you'd be wrong.

Let’s see what happens to Pizza Hut’s stock price and profits soon.  Not like I would ever eat Pizza Hut or any chain pizza, but it definitely won’t be this one. Leave the kids alone.

https://www.newsweek.com/pizza-hut-slammed-suggesting-drag-performer-book-kids-reading-club-1712655?amp=1

DeSantis vetoes $35 million for Tampa Bay Rays… Crowd goes wild…

Ron DeSantis vetoed $35 million in funding for a Tampa Bay Rays spring training complex in Pasco County, was he also sending a political message about gun safety activism? The governor didn’t dismiss the idea on Friday, a day after redlining $3.1 billion from the state’s next budget.

“I don’t support giving taxpayer dollars to professional sports stadiums,” he said. “Companies are free to engage or not engage with whatever discourse they want, but clearly … it’s inappropriate to subsidize political activism of a private corporation.”

The Rays declined to comment on the veto or any possible political motivations behind it.

Tim McClain, president and CEO of the Greater Pasco Chamber of Commerce — “We definitely know our governor takes strong stances. He has opinions one way or the other. And most of the time, they’re very supportive, very pro-business, and something that we always like to support. … Obviously when you’re on the losing side, you don’t like it; when you’re on the winning side, you do like it. I still respect it. That’s his job. He has to take his stances.”

poor biden.

Biden Gets Destroyed in New Poll That's the Worst Yet, as Gas Prices Soar to Incredible Amounts

By Nick Arama | Jun 05, 2022 12:30 PM ET

af976ade-f7c3-40a1-aee1-1ad7dbbc6faf-860x475.jpg AP Photo/Alex Brandon

Joe Biden’s approach to the rising gas prices has largely been to try to blame Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, even though prices were on the rise long before that.

The only action Biden seems to have done in response to try to lower prices has been to release barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and deplete our emergency stores. He said he would release one million barrels a day for six months. He likely hoped that would bring down the prices before the election. But it hasn’t done that and Biden hasn’t done anything to change his policies against the energy sector that are part of the problem. Biden has continued to block oil drilling and cancel oil leases. Even Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) has called out his approach.

A new ABC/Ipsos poll shows that Biden’s numbers have gotten even worse on everything, particularly inflation and gas prices. They were already bad enough, so much so that even CNN was blasting Biden over his approach. But now he’s at 28 percent approval when it comes to inflation, with 71 percent disapproval, and when it comes to gas prices, 27 percent approval and 72 percent disapproval.

Eighty-three percent say that the economy is “extremely or very important” to how they will vote, and 80 percent say inflation is “extremely or very important” to how they will vote. Seventy-four percent say gas prices are “extremely or very important.”

It’s bad, and the Republicans are leading in the enthusiasm gap as well for the midterms, another killer number for the Democrats. Biden is sinking them big time.

It’s truly a shame that he’s president, but it’s a blessing in disguise.  Republicans will control everything soon so the only place to go is up.  Now if we could find a way to get Democratic mayors replaced by sensible people we might actually solve the inner city problems.  They sure haven’t done anything good in the last 50 years.

5 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

It’s truly a shame that he’s president, but it’s a blessing in disguise.  Republicans will control everything soon so the only place to go is up.  Now if we could find a way to get Democratic mayors replaced by sensible people we might actually solve the inner city problems.  They sure haven’t done anything good in the last 50 years.

republicans were in control when we got covid lockdowns, forever wars, etc

life continues to get worse in this country year after year, decade after decade... standard of living goes down while safety, happiness, and true pride (not cokk in ass pride) goes down farther

3 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

life continues to get worse in this country year after year, decade after decade... standard of living goes down while safety, happiness, and true pride (not cokk in ass pride) goes down farther

5,000,000 manufacturing jobs sent over to China since 2002

theres your pride 

Just now, milwaukee mike said:

True but we didn’t have any covid lockdowns here in GA thanks to Kemp.  Would have been a disaster to have fat useless Stacy running things like Chicago.  Nothing will ever be perfect but every city ran and voted for by the dems sucks for the most part.  I can’t remember Atlanta ever having a good mayor.  Bill Campbell was alright but he was a crook.  Shirley Franklin’s sole goal was to make us a gay epicenter.  She was alright.   Kaseem Reed was terrible and a crook.  Keisha Lance Bottoms is probably the biggest idiot ever elected here.  The less they’re in power, you can only go up….even if it’s marginal.  

9 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

True but we didn’t have any covid lockdowns here in GA thanks to Kemp.  Would have been a disaster to have fat useless Stacy running things like Chicago.  Nothing will ever be perfect but every city ran and voted for by the dems sucks for the most part.  I can’t remember Atlanta ever having a good mayor.  Bill Campbell was alright but he was a crook.  Shirley Franklin’s sole goal was to make us a gay epicenter.  She was alright.   Kaseem Reed was terrible and a crook.  Keisha Lance Bottoms is probably the biggest idiot ever elected here.  The less they’re in power, you can only go up….even if it’s marginal.  

Chicago is a utter shithole now, its embarrassing.  

11 hours ago, mikeman said:

Bidens america.

Hahaha found this at another site I read.  This dude is definitely fired and gives zero fucks.

Context for below pic:

"- I work at tech company (I've given my notice though, I did a whole deer diary about it)
- this is in our "general population" slack channel that is used for company-wide announcements and events
- last week we had like 10 pride-related announcements, events and giveaways
- the person he refers to below (who I redacted) wrote a screed last week about how "allies" still aren't doing enough for the alphabet ppl despite almost throwing a fukking parade for them
- guy posted this late last night

I laughed out loud when I saw this and took a screen shot. But definitely not a smart thing to post at my work. I bet he is fired by end of day."

4GzGIJD.pngX8AG5Cv.png

Judy Schlafer owns Schlafer’s Auto Body & Repair in Mendocino and said her last load of 8,880 gallons of gas, which has to be paid off in 10 days, cost about $50,000. Three months ago, she said she paid about $20,000 less for the same size load. Schlafer said that if she didn't charge $9.60, she'd be out of business.

"I’m going to be lucky if I make the year with all the fees, the regulation, the payroll fees," she said. "If it continues the way it is, Mendocino won’t have a gas station next year."

Chevron in Mendocino, CA

1654529867996.png

• rdalert447 changed the title to Why is Every Liberal at TGF So Angry?
  • Jimmy Hoffa changed the title to TGF Master Political Thread