Top Posters In This Topic

• mikeman

• Bigrunner

• RaiseThese

• kovacsbar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

The NFL's rule book is their constitution. It was drafted and approved by the owners.

Referees, players and their union reps can't change 6 points being awarded for a touchdown to 73 because the game has evolved.

Players vote for the union head that works with the league to negotiate collective bargaining, tho. 

Just now, Machiavelli said:

Not at all, and it would enrage me when msm was being unfair to Trump in that regard. 

I was at the grand reopening of the Palo Alto Blind Veterans Clinic.

$700,000.00 was spent on new artwork. The politicians had their pictures taken with the new artwork. Refreshments were served.

The blind Vets can't even see the new artwork...

When it comes to the Vet issue, that’s a point for Biden for me. But respect you’re placating view since you’re on the ground n have provided behind the scenes info. 

So let’s give him half a point until a level of seriousness garners your respect. Slightly dinging him or any president who won’t fully earn support on veterans issues—because I’d like to believe you’d be fair if he did so. 

Just now, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I was at the grand reopening of the Palo Alto Blind Veterans Clinic.

$700,000.00 was spent on new artwork. The politicians had their pictures taken with the new artwork. Refreshments were served.

The blind Vets can't even see the new artwork...

Ugh. 

That seems like corruption/money laundering to me. 

Just now, Machiavelli said:

When it comes to the Vet issue, that’s a point for Biden for me. But respect you’re placating view since you’re on the ground n have provided behind the scenes info. 

So let’s give him half a point until a level of seriousness garners your respect. Slightly dinging him or any president who won’t fully earn support on veterans issues—because I’d like to believe you’d be fair if he did so. 

We're not small children, Vets can meet their own needs.

Abraham Lincoln created the VA specifically for the "Veteran's widows and orphaned children".

US Code of Federal Regulations. 

Peruse...

Just now, Jimmy Hoffa said:

We're not small children, Vets can meet their own needs.

Abraham Lincoln created the VA specifically for the "Veteran's widows and orphaned children".

US Code of Federal Regulations. 

Peruse...

Will do. 

But if/when y’all serve our nation n are afflicted, shouldn’t we as a nation provide? 

25 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

Gotta eat n stuff, but will address more Biden stuff in a while/later for y’all to weigh in on. 

I just think our disconnect is between core philosophy v effective governing. 

our government has always been effective for the people it wants to be effective for

federal government could pay to protect our borders, and food and shelter for every homeless person... but instead they send 50 billion at a time to the freaking ukraine... so you can't say that's a philosophy or even close to a democracy, almost nobody wants that to continue... and almost nobody that doesn't have student debt wanted that paid off

20 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

our government has always been effective for the people it wants to be effective for

federal government could pay to protect our borders, and food and shelter for every homeless person... but instead they send 50 billion at a time to the freaking ukraine... so you can't say that's a philosophy or even close to a democracy, almost nobody wants that to continue... and almost nobody that doesn't have student debt wanted that paid off

Setting aside the specific issues, my position is that our roles as citizens needs to be influencing our representatives into effective governance; whereas these guys seemingly want a base model reconfiguration. 

I don’t agree with all that $$ to Ukraine, as I’d rather it go to our own nation building. But that’s another point. First core thing has been about establishing philosophy differences and how/why those are either winning or resonate. 

I don’t get why Republican voters think R’s need to agree with everything R’s mainly support or that a person who voted Dem automatically supports all of it. Gotta move past all or nothing sides. 

I can think Biden/Dems deserve a chance to lead but also hope they’re pushed back in certain areas. I did see some of that when monkey has been steadfast against corporate welfare on the R side. 

Next item is a very big piece of Biden’s potential legacy. 

Maybe it’s fair to say the the Inflation Reduction Act is improperly named, but aside from perhaps misguided climate goals, where’s the major issues there? 

More health care items n getting fair taxes properly paid seems reasonable. 

(we can have a convo on income tax being theft or not later if y’all want) 

E1ECF1F9-A312-4702-934B-E432D07F064B.jpeg

the major issues, are that helping people who are already getting free or seriously cheap health insurance (medicare/obamacare) is unaffordable and improper

seniors in the usa have all the money at this point, and nothing to spend it on unless they go in a nursing home... why should someone get free health care and free money every month just because they are old?  other countries don't do that, and grandma ends up living with the rest of the family if she has to

just as one example, my in-laws, neither one of them ever made over 50k/yr... now between pensions, ss, and 401k distributions, they are getting over 10k/month AFTER TAXES, along with free medicare

tell me how or why a 70-yr old couple with a house that's long been paid off, would need 10k/month in spending money

someone that does NOTHING productive for society, should get nothing

if they are old and nobody will take care of them, they are probably an asshole... and if they never saved any money too bad

if they are young and stupid, like these "single moms" in the inner city that have 5 babies with 5 different guys, fukk em, no reason to keep encouraging that behavior when it is making every major city more and more dangerous

I’ve seen your bottom point all too often.  I disagree that the solution is to eliminate assistance entirely—as they are Americans n I value American lives—but will always concede that we need to find ways to either discourage such or be more proactive in promotion family/marriage oriented lifestyles. 

Maybe it can be argued that neither should be a govt situation, but our society isn’t leaving those situations behind so I’d rather focus on what can be effective. 

1 hour ago, milwaukee mike said:

someone that does NOTHING productive for society, should get nothing

if they are old and nobody will take care of them, they are probably an asshole... and if they never saved any money too bad

if they are young and stupid, like these "single moms" in the inner city that have 5 babies with 5 different guys, fukk em, no reason to keep encouraging that behavior when it is making every major city more and more dangerous

I agree.  Welfare and food stamps seem noble at the core, but once you break it down and see the people that it goes towards and the never ending perpetuating cycle of generations that continue on this it’s proves to be a beyond failed idea and system and waste of tax payer money.

Idiot women getting knocked up by men with no money and no desire to be in the children’s lives have no right to expect tax payers to take of them.

My dad’s aunt lost her husband at 33 due to appendicitis.  She had a 3 year old and a brand new baby.  Did she cry and say life is too hard help me government please?  Hell no, she woke up at 3 am every morning and milked cows, and ran a small farm, then went to work for 8 hours, came home cooked dinner, cleaned the house, washed and ironed clothes all by herself.  My grandparents were right by to help out as was my dad and uncles.  Never once did she whine and cry and say life is too hard when she was cheated out of her husband very early.  She would have had every right to be the prototypical “my children and I need help” poster for that.  Instead she worked, and my family came together and made sure all was well.  If broken family after broken family supported by the government would end then so would all the government handouts.

Looking back on it, Lyndon Johnson and his “I’ll have them (you the term) voting democrat for the next 200 years” ideology and all that came with it was the worst thing that ever happened to this country.  Obama and Biden are 1A and 1B.

• Jimmy Hoffa changed the title to TGF Master Political Thread