Bushay's Box..

WVU

i remember those old boxes people would get cable for free

hade codes and shit right?

thought they stopped that from being able to be used

check Bushay's thread at EOG.  He is preprogramming the boxes and sending them out.  Seems like a no brainer, but I admit I don't know anything about them

Do you know what a Roku is? Well, this is basically the same thing, but you're able to download other apps where you can watch free things. It's simple to do. Why not just order the box and download the stuff yourself?

I am lazy.  I don't know about Roku or any of this stuff, but I know I don't want to do anything myself.  Charging $150 for a fully programmed and loaded box seems to be a decent price

Doesn't take all that much effort really and these apps go down and its fairly common then you are left with less then what you started with and have to learn to find and load the apps anyway ... 

so why not save the cash and just learn it right off.  :scratch

I am getting old.  My brain is packed to capacity and cannot learn any more.

I am getting old.  My brain is packed to capacity and cannot learn any more.

Ha , i def get it. I know some nerdy's who mess with this and only real problem is the apps going down only takes a couple to make the purchase not worth a whole lot and that can happen quickly depending on app of what your getting it for in general.

So basically if you can't load new apps and adapt etc yourself or don't want the hassle it can be a very short lived investment in ways. Esp considering so much of it you already have on your current TV package which if you don't learn to use this thing app wise you won't be canceling. 

Just a heads up.  Its not as big a hassle of the old days of doing cards and jacking DTV but ya know this is known and they are adapting to make it more of bit of work to keep up. 

I ordered one from him.

Well worth it for me since like wvu I'm way too lazy to

Figure out how to program it myself.

I'll do a review when I get it later this week

I ordered a box as well.  I will get my money's worth just on the free movies.  If this works out well, Iwill order a box for each TV and cancel my cable which runs about 160 per month

Yes, they certainly are pre-loaded.

Basically he adds a few widely available apps to enhance the capabilities which is nice. Only problem is these are apps and apps that are not stable as to the main stream so they are quite unreliable to a large extent. And its a crap shoot as to when they fail. 

So say you get box and 2 weeks later you lose 3-4 apps , esp if they are ones you wanted for certain programming. Well unless he takes them back to be reloaded free of charge upon this happening which will happen it could be a very short lived kind of thing. Again unless you learn to do it yourself but if your going to do that start from scratch yourself and you will not only save money but also have a much better experience. 

Just my 2cents not at all trying to turn anyone off from purchasing. 

so is bushay running a scam on us?

amazon sell preloaded ones already

Its not a scam per say just not something which is really reliable for any guaranteed length of time as to what he adds.  The box itself is nice and worth the purchase price but the add ons which he charges for are simply not something he can say will last "x" amount of time etc. 

So a lil more of a crap shoot then most notice from description , now if you learn to load new apps etc its not a big deal.