Bushay's Box..

WVU

Timely , I'm lazy as can be. I have 2 chromecasts and a smart DVD player with all those apps on it. I have never been able to figure I how the fukkk do anything other than find those shit sites where the feeds to the movies blow. As far as sports , ever since Justintv went away , I'm lost as to where to find good streams for obscure sports I'm sweating.

I may have worked in Silicon Valley for 15 years but I'm a retard when it comes to this sort of thing and I'm more than anything impatient.

My brother bought a modded amazon fire box,  it is good for certain things,  you can get any movie you want to watch, new or old...   also great for old tv shows

but forget it for live sports...  the picture quality is awful, since you are relying on streams.

Its a great supplement,   not a good enough replacement.

My brother bought a modded amazon fire box,  it is good for certain things,  you can get any movie you want to watch, new or old...   also great for old tv shows

but forget it for live sports...  the picture quality is awful, since you are relying on streams.

Its a great supplement,   not a good enough replacement.

The movie part is good enough for me. The reason I don't use prirate bay and the like is bc I'm not going to download something and get a virus and ruin yet another laptop

Timely , I'm lazy as can be. I have 2 chromecasts and a smart DVD player with all those apps on it. I have never been able to figure I how the fukkk do anything other than find those shit sites where the feeds to the movies blow. As far as sports , ever since Justintv went away , I'm lost as to where to find good streams for obscure sports I'm sweating.

I may have worked in Silicon Valley for 15 years but I'm a retard when it comes to this sort of thing and I'm more than anything impatient.

im just letting you know that this isn't for you then in my opinion. hope it works out though

these boxes require work and maintenance.

i'm just hoping sony is a big enough company to take down the cable companies like they are trying to do. ps4/sony is trying to go entirely to pay per channel. they have a good amount of channels signed up already, but pricing is a little goofy still - only thing i bought through them was mlb.tv which was only $90 for the year - HD feed, watch multiple games at once, sync radio feed with tv... pretty sweet deal. i believe the movie channels are coming shortly, and they are getting other sports on board. the struggle sony is going to have is overcoming someone like ESPN who charges a fortune. 

I am paying extremely minimal amount of money for not wanting to make time to do this on my own. and more importantly customer service when an app goes down. he knows that. yes, I am counting on being able to pick up how to 'fix' and will eventually have to do so myself.

remains to be seen but minimal investment.

The movie part is good enough for me. The reason I don't use prirate bay and the like is bc I'm not going to download something and get a virus and ruin yet another laptop

read the comments on piratebay - things with thousands of seeds aren't going to have viruses in them because people like me have already scanned the contents before downloading and will post/alert people about it and it'll never get to 5000 seeds.

it's remarkable to me how many people don't use piratebay. i sit behind a vpn/proxy while using it. torguard allows you to select servers that are piratebay compatible. that way your cable company never slows your internet for downloading illegal content. 

Joey, that's what most of the apps in these boxes are... links to those "shit sites," the app just beautifies the way it looks, but the app is basically clicking on those links. So, instead of you Googling for a movie on your pc and clicking on an actual link... you click on a box of the movie you want to watch. The app then does its thing and your movie opens up, sometimes.

Unfortunately, I found at least 80% of the links were crap or completely broken.

The software for me was very buggy, too. I had to reset the box at least once each time I used it.

Thanks for the info , I'll check it out.

Have you seen any 4k content pop up on there yet?

Also, I love the ala carte cable model that will be available soon.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vue-Support/New-Channels/m-p/45266767

more info on vue. looking to add more channels, but espn has been a huge hurdle for them.

Sony is trying to get out in front of the market.

I'm a Sony snob too, so I hope it takes off for them. They always provide a great service no matter what they do, and they rarely cheap out on anything. Would trust them ahead of any cable company and the likes. Their network security needs some serious help still though.

Joey, that's what most of the apps in these boxes are... links to those "shit sites," the app just beautifies the way it looks, but the app is basically clicking on those links. So, instead of you Googling for a movie on your pc and clicking on an actual link... you click on a box of the movie you want to watch. The app then does its thing and your movie opens up, sometimes.

Unfortunately, I found at least 80% of the links were crap or completely broken.

The software for me was very buggy, too. I had to reset the box at least once each time I used it.

See, but the thing I like is, I can download the sketchy movies to this box thing, right? That's big for me. Plus I like pleasant aesthetics so if I can surf this shit on my tv w ease and it looks nice. it's $150 well spent. I have a sony smart DVD player but the UI is so bad I don't even bother using it for anything but netflix , Hulu , and watching DVDs

yeah cool,was just getting a simple easy to follow video for you,just follow along ,you "should" be fine

step by step fool proof

Couldn't get this to work on my laptop. After putting in the web addresses for programming sources it would come back with a message saying network not connected.

You can download the movies to the box? I don't think so, unless there's something I don't know. It was all streaming links for me. Your box would require a lot of space to download full movies on it.

I think you guys are under the impression that the movies are "in the box." They are not. They are basically streaming links that you are clicking on.

You can download the movies to the box? I don't think so, unless there's something I don't know. It was all streaming links for me. Your box would require a lot of space to download full movies on it.

I think you guys are under the impression that the movies are "in the box." They are not. They are basically streaming links that you are clicking on.

True AFAIK

Ah, good point.

90% of the time I tried to stream a movie from one of those sketchy sites it was either shit quality, subtitled in Japanese , or it just would never start bc there were a million pop ups asking me to sign up for something.

Ah, good point.

90% of the time I tried to stream a movie from one of those sketchy sites it was either shit quality, subtitled in Japanese , or it just would never start bc there were a million pop ups asking me to sign up for something.

You wont find any pop ups trying to watch movies,,you might find some dead links tho,but with remote just click the next one.

With EPL/NFL/NCAAF seasons on the horizon youll be happy

please give a report Joey

You wont find any pop ups trying to watch movies,,you might find some dead links tho,but with remote just click the next one.

With EPL/NFL/NCAAF seasons on the horizon youll be happy

please give a report Joey

I'll give a full write up and report when I get mine. I'm out of town Wed-Friday but hopefully it's waiting for me when I get back.