Bushay's Box..

WVU

So he's basically buying these sticks, downloading these apps, and charging 50-60 bucks?  In 15 minutes I've added apps to watch any sport, movies, live tv, etc.  

That's exactly what he's doing, but hey, if people don't want to go through what they think is a hassle... that's cool.  If the guy can make money doing it, no hate from me.

But as far as the boxes themselves, I think the guys will be kinda disappointed because they're expecting all this neat stuff, but there's unreliability that comes with it.  If Bushay found a way to make one more stable and works well, then hell, I might buy one.   :laugh  So we'll be expecting reviews from guys like WVU.

All this talk about it is making me want to get mine out and finally work on it.  

That's exactly what he's doing, but hey, if people don't want to go through what they think is a hassle... that's cool.  If the guy can make money doing it, no hate from me.

But as far as the boxes themselves, I think the guys will be kinda disappointed because there expecting all this neat stuff, but there's unreliability that comes with it.  If Bushay found a way to make one more stable and works well, then hell, I might buy one.   :laugh  So we'll be expecting reviews from guys like WVU.

All this talk about it is making me want to get mine out and finally work on it.  

this is a great thread and will likely save (make) more TGF posters' money than any other thread this year.  I have no problem with Bushay trying to make a little bit for his time.  $50 for what will end up being 2-3 hours of work is cheap.  My housekeepers don't even work that cheap.  I pay $120 for 2 women for what's supposed to be 4 hours but in reality is 3. 

I just got my stick today. Been fuking around with it all day long. Not really all that impressed with it. I installed the Genesis add on and could not get any of the TV shows to run in HD or MD. The only way I could get the show to stream was by selecting the LD streams.

Took a little break and installed the Sportsdevil add on and all the streams are in shitty quality with constant stopping and buffering.

Then I decided to try some of the standard add ons and installed the WatchESPN add on and all though the quality was good there was constant freezing of the screen.

Over all I say the product sucks and is not worth the $40

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

I just got my stick today. Been fuking around with it all day long. Not really all that impressed with it. I installed the Genesis add on and could not get any of the TV shows to run in HD or MD. The only way I could get the show to stream was by selecting the LD streams.

Took a little break and installed the Sportsdevil add on and all the streams are in shitty quality with constant stopping and buffering.

Then I decided to try some of the standard add ons and installed the WatchESPN add on and all though the quality was good there was constant freezing of the screen.

Over all I say the product sucks and is not worth the $40

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]
Good review sleepy. I agree for the extra money, satellite or cable is worth it. I want to watch games in HD. If anyone is a winning gambler, which most here claim to be, why not just pay the money without the hassles

The thing is I kinda knew the streams for sports would be the same shit I watch on my computer just with a bigger screen, not really that big of a deal. I thought I would at least get the TV shows to stream in HD and never did. I did get the buffering and pausing to spot by turning my lap top off. I guess you must use to much juice when downloading shit on your laptop and trying to stream a sporting event.

After doing a little more research on this you need to have download speeds close to 10 Mbps to stream the HD videos. When I did the speed test I was under 5 Mpbs which is why I can't stream any HD videos. I'm going to call Frontier tomorrow and see if they have a plan that provides at least 10 Mpbs.

Kinger, you catch any of the PPV boxing or mma on this thing?

Unfortunately, no, I never have. I imagine it would be pretty shitty quality like you find with most links. Too unreliable for me. I'd rather pay to see it in HD on my TV.

I'm going to work on my box this weekend. I'll try out the next MMA ppv.

Yeah, streams always have been shitty. I don't even attempt them. I don't buy many ppvs, but do on occasion. Too expensive for me with the volume that they are putting out. Seems like 2 ppvs a month and 50 cards on FS1. It's about hard to keep up with.

I dvr all the cable shows, but try to be picky on ppv buys.

Actually while on the subject....

I have an iPhone 6 w a cracked screen and 2 iPhone 5s that are in perfect shape (one AT&T and one tmobile) that are factory reset to new.

Anyone want to buy one or all do them at a discount ?

how much for the iphone 6 and is it At&T?

I recommend trying this out on your laptop before purchasing a box or stick.

I'm getting familiar with the menus and I want my wife to get used to it before cutting the cord. My 17 year old installed KODI on his desktop and he's way beyond me already...

can you add these to an old laptop and just plug in HDMI to TV? Or are they specific to these boxes?

thx