What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tie this money up for months or years I’m just impatient and see the crazy returns from others and want my own get rich quick luck story....

I know you said your friend made what $40,000 or something? I forget how much he invested. But I don’t think he made That in a week unless he had 10 invested minimum. Maybe ask him for advice since he knows you’re a complete picture and is obviously famillar with the space. What does HE tell you to do? He can probably give you better advice than any of us can since we don’t know your big picture really.

That’s messed up!!! My brother asked me if I didn’t have some big capital losses from 2008 to carryover which I do, but I thought it was only $3000 per year...was hoping I was wrong. That’s Fokked up.

it's 3000 net... so if you end up losing 100k, find a way to make some capital gains later (property in colorado for example, especially if you depreciated it down to 0 as a rental property)

Yeah, I might be tempted if I wasn’t sure I had a high risk of being audited. I didn’t plan for this very well. Didn’t see this coming and when I decided I needed to start cashing out I felt like I should do it quickly so I set up a bank account linked to Gemini, and moved money quickly over a relatively short time. Pretty sure the bank has to notify the IRS on cases like that. And that is literally the only thing that goes on in that account.

Too much of a paper trail. Plus, although rates are absurd, I generally feel like people should pay their taxes.

If I knew now what I knew then however, lol. I may have done things much differently and not have started out at CB...Would have just acquired from an individual and used a card or something. Would have been tempting for sure. Like I said. Didn’t plan very well.

Hey Mike. If market tanks in 2019, after I pay capital gains for 2018, do I only get to write off $3000 per year towards capital loss? That is how I interpreted it but that just doesn’t seem like it could be right.

Makes sense if you’ve got too much of a trail.

BAUS

Guys remember the adjustment with Coin Market Cap yesterday! Ripple is not down as much as it appears. A lot of people are still not realizing what happened, and it caused a panic selling. I’m not saying Ripple is correctly valued ...it’s not even one of my favorites, but just keep that in mind when deciding what to do.

https://www.ccn.com/ripple-is-not-actually-down-by-30-coinmarketcap-removes-south-korean-price/

Guys remember the adjustment with Coin Market Cap yesterday! Ripple is not down as much as it appears. A lot of people are still not realizing what happened, and it caused a panic selling. I’m not saying Ripple is correctly valued ...it’s not even one of my favorites, but just keep that in mind when deciding what to do.

https://www.ccn.com/ripple-is-not-actually-down-by-30-coinmarketcap-removes-south-korean-price/

well it's trading for 2.24 and i sold it for 3.21 five days ago

so in 5 days that's a 30% drop

Looking back at that post 204 I mentioned Cindicator .....guy with largest crypto Channel just came out today and confessed to getting paid to promote their coin along with being paid to shill Substratum. I assumed he was with substratum ...didn’t know about syndicator. He has a very large following. I sold 75 percent of my Substratum and all of my Cindicator until I can look at the projects more myself and determine if his fans are going to buy off.

well it's trading for 2.24 and i sold it for 3.21 five days ago

so in 5 days that's a 30% drop

i told everyone to bail at 3.20

then i think i told dingo to bail at 2.50

2.20 is still way too high, there's a bazillion coins and they don't have any relation to the technology

Why were you holding it then and why didn't you sell at 2.24 on its way UP to 3.21?