What does 2018 bring the crypto world?

BAUS

It's pure speculation at this point. Look at your own behavior. There is a ton of square money in cryptos right now chasing huge overnight returns even though they don't know what they're buying. Eventually that square money is going to stop coming in, the big returns are going to slow and squares are going to wonder why they're holding a bunch of air that they don't even understand and they will pull out. The price has to eventually come down to a point that is determined by demand and supply of people who actually value the currency for a reason: Chinese tax evaders, Venezuelan oil money, gamblers, drug dealers, nerds, people who just value privacy for the sake of it, etc. I think most of those people were already in the market 5-6 months ago when the price of BTC was ~2000. 

I feel good about selling most of my BTC at 15-19k. I am still holding a lot of ripple hoping to win the lottery too like the rest of you, but I'm not counting on it. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ETH back under 1000 ugh

down more than 20% since midnight

gcap with good news this morning and it's still red... they will have an easy to use platform for trading cryptos with less fees/wait times/exposure to hacks/etc

Fake news brought to you by coin market cap. You’re back.

I hope you didn’t sell Weinke. I’ll admit I got shook out of half my Stellar, my TRON, which I’m glad to be rid of anyway, and 2 BTC. Only mad about the XLM. That was the one I wasn’t ever going to sell, but it was my largest position after bitcoin, so felt like I needed to. I was in at a dime to .13 area, so made good money, but still....planned to hold that one for a year, Sometimes I need to be forced to cash out ...just takes me longer to get where I want to be is all.

Think I’ll go back and pick up a few things while they are still on sale though.

More on the CMC deal

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/7owejd/price_is_stable_guys_dont_panic_coinmarketcap/

It's pure speculation at this point. Look at your own behavior. There is a ton of square money in cryptos right now chasing huge overnight returns even though they don't know what they're buying. Eventually that square money is going to stop coming in, the big returns are going to slow and squares are going to wonder why they're holding a bunch of air that they don't even understand and they will pull out. The price has to eventually come down to a point that is determined by demand and supply of people who actually value the currency for a reason: Chinese tax evaders, Venezuelan oil money, gamblers, drug dealers, nerds, people who just value privacy for the sake of it, etc. I think most of those people were already in the market 5-6 months ago when the price of BTC was ~2000. 

I feel good about selling most of my BTC at 15-19k. I am still holding a lot of ripple hoping to win the lottery too like the rest of you, but I'm not counting on it. 

thank god i got out of that at 3.20

if you do some research, the coins behind ripple (xrp) have nothing to do with the actual transaction network of ripple

i think it would be a good idea to sell all or most of your ripple at 2.40 here

ripple might be popular but not right now i would say in 1-3 years this wil go up to 100$ or more

Just sold couple hundred dollars worth of TRX and XRP and bought ICX at $9.90. Idk wtf I’m doing, noob alert

Geez WTW, You keep selling things when they are down, to buy things which are up! Icon is at an all time high. Hopefully the momentum continues, but it’s up two dollars since yesterday, when most everything else was going down. There could be a correction on this and you will lose money again temporarily. Then you will sell to buy something else. You either have to learn to hold, or stop buying things high. That being said, the two you sold are two of my least favorite coins unrelated to price. I did think about picking up some more ripple at sal price, but decided to buy BNB instead.

I would imagine however, that Ripple will pick up later this afternoon when Asia wakes up and realizes it’s decline was fueled By the coinmarketcap cluster.

PPT/BTC

•  
  •  
  • anyone got his coin invested in it ? i think its going to be popular this thing keeps going up and it was 40$ just 2 days ago

That’s one I have never owned... I started looking at it a week or two ago at $30, and meant to research it but didn’t, and it just kept going up to $40 and out $50. I looked at it again this morning and keep thinking I will wait for a dip but this is one that I don’t think has dipped much.

Did you research this or are you just going on price speculation? Almost everything has been way up in the last couple weeks, so it’s not necessarily a good indicator of long-term value.

that would be 4 trillion dollars

more than apple, google, facebook, amazon, microsoft combined  :laugh

Market cap....who worries about that....lol...

That said this stuff has been a trading dream....but a real case of musical chairs for sure....dot com had nothing on coins

But as the people that can't spell market cap disappear the more it will matter....

Going to let Boat handle my sports contest if he wants ...not sure he does...but I want to do some contests for the crypto people. I will handle that one. It’s all gambling.

I was thinking of something where everyone picks a coin and highest percentage in 7 day wins, or something like that. Also tiebreaker could be closest to market cap or something. What do you think? Any alternate ideas?

That’s one I have never owned... I started looking at it a week or two ago at $30, and meant to research it but didn’t, and it just kept going up to $40 and out $50. I looked at it again this morning and keep thinking I will wait for a dip but this is one that I don’t think has dipped much.

Did you research this or are you just going on price speculation? Almost everything has been way up in the last couple weeks, so it’s not necessarily a good indicator of long-term value.

I have read about it that's very popular and it said that nothing but good news it shold still go up

Bought 10 BNB, just gonna follow IaG’s lead

Lol. I I bought more of that because I use the Binance exchange and trade a lot, and it gives you reduced fees. Also I think when registrations reopen it will pump but I would not have picked it for you, because you seem to like to get in and out of things quickly. Do not buy anything I mention just because I mentioned it. Certain things I buy for certain reasons. You are going to get eaten alive with fees, buying so much. This was a long-term hold for me, but I recently took profits, and the price was good today. I have to replenish it because I use it. I think it was a good price, but I also bought it at like five dollars or less not that long ago. If you are looking for a homerun, you need to research ones that haven’t pumped yet and find a good one of those. Or be prepared to hold long-term

Lol. I I bought more of that because I use the Binance exchange and trade a lot, and it gives you reduced fees. Also I think when registrations reopen it will pump but I would not have picked it for you, because you seem to like to get in and out of things quickly. Do not buy anything I mention just because I mentioned it. Certain things I buy for certain reasons. You are going to get eaten alive with fees, buying so much. This was a long-term hold for me, but I recently took profits, and the price was good today. I have to replenish it because I use it. I think it was a good price, but I also bought it at like five dollars or less not that long ago. If you are looking for a homerun, you need to research ones that I haven’t pumped yet and find a good one of those. Or be prepared to hold long-term

Limited registration re-opened at binance