Master stock pick thread

WVU

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penn National Gaming Q1 EPS $0.55 Beats $0.29 Estimate, Sales $1.27B Beat $1.14B Estimate
Mentioned: PENN

Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ:PENN) reported quarterly earnings of $0.55 per share which beat the analyst consensus estimate of $0.29 by 89.66 percent. This is a 816.67 percent increase over earnings of $0.06 per share from the same period last year. The company reported quarterly sales of $1.27 billion which beat the analyst consensus estimate of $1.14 billion by 11.84 percent. This is a 14.25 percent increase over sales of $1.12 billion the same period last year.

© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.

so what will happen to Penn today?

1 hour ago, WVU said:
Penn National Gaming Q1 EPS $0.55 Beats $0.29 Estimate, Sales $1.27B Beat $1.14B Estimate
Mentioned: PENN

Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ:PENN) reported quarterly earnings of $0.55 per share which beat the analyst consensus estimate of $0.29 by 89.66 percent. This is a 816.67 percent increase over earnings of $0.06 per share from the same period last year. The company reported quarterly sales of $1.27 billion which beat the analyst consensus estimate of $1.14 billion by 11.84 percent. This is a 14.25 percent increase over sales of $1.12 billion the same period last year.

© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.

so what will happen to Penn today?

Down big. 

Yes, the market isn't being manipulated. 

Caesars Entertainment Q1 EPS $(2.03) Misses $(1.83) Estimate, Sales $1.70B Miss $1.70B Estimate

4:02pm ET 5/4/2021 Benzinga

Caesars Entertainment (NASDAQ:CZR) reported quarterly losses of $(2.03) per share which missed the analyst consensus estimate of $(1.83) by 10.93 percent. This is a 576.67 percent decrease over losses of $(0.30) per share from the same period last year. The company reported quarterly sales of $1.70 billion which missed the analyst consensus estimate of $1.70 billion by 0.06 percent. This is a 7.06 percent decrease over sales of $1.83 billion the same period last year.

STOCK UP 8% YESTERDAY AFTER EARNINGS REPORTED. 

2 hours ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

Rich, you would have enjoyed the first premarket reading for PENn Down 2.30 based on 300 shares lol

good luck to us today and hopefully those stimmy checks were spent well

If only it was -2.30 now

Serves Penn right for beating projections in a rigged market. 

34 minutes ago, WeinkeToWarrick said:

This market is a joke. I’ve treaded water for the last month now and it’s dumb as fuck

Traditionally stock market gains are about 7-8% annually which may seem like treading water.  We got spoiled with unrealistic daily gains.  Your stocks will still produce this year. Lower your expectations.

24 minutes ago, WVU said:

Traditionally stock market gains are about 7-8% annually which may seem like treading water.  We got spoiled with unrealistic daily gains.  Your stocks will still produce this year. Lower your expectations.

Come on pal. You're seriously not seeing what's going on here?

1 hour ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

Well I fucked up big time, had to liquidate all my DÌA today.  I guess you only lose when you sell, or lose more.  What’s the shortest span a stock has been in the sp500?  Can they kick them out if this keeps dropping 

PENN won't get kicked out, it's still a $12 billion company

i think people seriously overestimated the amount of money companies were going to make on legalized sports betting... after the governments take their cut, in many states these operations might not even be profitable

i'm curious to see what penn's revenues/earnings would've looked like without stimulus money

i sold some $74 puts for next friday, i think penn finds a base here but who knows... definitely $3.75 was too low and $142 was too high