Master stock pick thread

WVU

And Erb...I don't think we can use the term "priced in" any more. When Penn fell to $98-100, everyone was saying what a great buying opportunity it was. Now it's at $80.  Penn can most definitely fall to $60.

There is literally no rhyme or reason why certain stocks tank for no reason at all. It has nothing to do with more people selling that buying. 

Bottom line, the billionaires are getting their money back. When they have their hands around a stocks throat, they don't let go.  We just have to wait it out. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

Mike do you think dkng earnings tomorrow would affect gambling stocks at all or everything is pretty much priced in after today

price action in that stock has been pretty bad as well

it wasn't just the NUMBER on penn's earnings, it was the terrible quality of the report... in a quarter with 2 stimulus payments to everyone, and some really easy comparisons, they still found a way to be pretty awful, not awful for a $20 stock but awful for a $80 stock

i don't really like dkng, never have, always thought of it in the same category as GAN, a company that is way overpriced for no good reason

2 hours ago, richsox24 said:

Horrible earnings for draftkings. 

Could be another long day for penn if it moves in sympathy with dkng

i don't think it was THAT bad for dkng, then again they are trading at 20x revenue and haven't proven they can make a profit

i think dkng should be trading for $10-20 instead of $50

1 hour ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I think our Covid recovery stocks have mostly recovered.

100% USA reopening is priced into many current valuations.

Going forward I'm playing more traditional fare but always watching for new opportunities. 

I think this is pretty accurate 

54 minutes ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

I said like two months ago that a lot of people that bought in SUPER low would be able to sell for long term gains.  Honestly if it was past a year and it was 120+ I would have sold to, but it's easy to say that after the fact.  Atleast we rebounded off 80 pretty nicely.

I never owned Penn until it tanked off of $140. 

I bought in at $100, again at $88 and again at $82. Ive lowered down my cost per share average. Let's hope it bounces off $80 and can run up a bit. 

LOTZ Earnings Report

RICHMOND, Va., May 10, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CarLotz, Inc. (“CarLotz” or the “Company”), a leading consignment-to-retail used vehicle marketplace, today announced financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021. Highlights of First Quarter 2021 Financial Results Net revenues increased 123% to $56.6 million from $25.4 million in the same period in 2020 Retail unit sales were 2,554 compared to 1,453 in the prior year period, an increase of 76% Net Loss attributable to common shareholders was $(15.0) million, or $(0.15) per diluted share, for the first quarter 2021 versus $(1.5) million, or $(0.03) per diluted share in the prior year period Adjusted EBITDA was $(16.9) million compared to $(1.4) million in the first quarter of 2020

Smashes earnings; stock doesn't move

14 minutes ago, brokerstip said:

LOTZ Earnings Report

RICHMOND, Va., May 10, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CarLotz, Inc. (“CarLotz” or the “Company”), a leading consignment-to-retail used vehicle marketplace, today announced financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021. Highlights of First Quarter 2021 Financial Results Net revenues increased 123% to $56.6 million from $25.4 million in the same period in 2020 Retail unit sales were 2,554 compared to 1,453 in the prior year period, an increase of 76% Net Loss attributable to common shareholders was $(15.0) million, or $(0.15) per diluted share, for the first quarter 2021 versus $(1.5) million, or $(0.03) per diluted share in the prior year period Adjusted EBITDA was $(16.9) million compared to $(1.4) million in the first quarter of 2020

Thankfully I sold at about 6.70 and took a small loss on it. It's now down to 5.50.

21 minutes ago, brokerstip said:

LOTZ Earnings Report

i thought the estimates were for a loss of 14 cents, and they lost 15 cents

i might sell some $5 puts, if i can still get a decent price... i think it's a good stock at $5