Master stock pick thread

WVU

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

Yes and about 2k on margin that’s not covered by equities, too risky?  

Let's say PENN goes to $50 or $60 even.....now what.....will you now own naked calls.....not as big of a problem if Penn stays down.....let's say that just happens over the summer....now nfl starts and PENN takes off and gets to $140 again.....oh shit.....

Lots can happen with this country....this market and PENN between now and OCT.....option plays like this are ok and the downside would be a lot less imo if 40% of your shares were not on margin.....and the costs of having to roll this position to cover yourself could get pretty expensive between now and OCT

I get what you're thinking here....but it could be the frying pan into the fire

You're young....pretty new to the market......you made a bad trade...if you continue to play the market trust me it won't be your last....preserve what you have....live to play again....

Just my thoughts.....but for sure do what you think is best for you...and good luck!!

53 minutes ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

well screw I took your advice to some extent, I sold some weeklies just now, decided against selling longer dated for the doomsday scenario

50 may 21st 90 calls, pocketed 2600 in premium

I know I would sleep better.....hoping you don't get the big margin call.....but if you do let's hope those expire worthless....unless you're happy with $90....I don't know your cost basis on the 5K shares...