What am I missing with LIV golf?

Shavencoinpurse

LIV players set to win 4 straight eurotard events closing out 2023 with Louis or Schwartzel almost guaranteed to win the Alfred Dunhill.  Granted not the greatest fields of all-time, but it was funny that people thought their games were all just going to fall apart, and that all they did was take a bag of cash and coast into retirement golf.

image.thumb.png.91b756dd73eac7db5fe447f64a1002b8.png

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hatton to LIV, and Meronk joining as well.  Meronk is a really big get of an up and coming talent winning big euro events and Australia the last 2 years.  If he didn’t chip his ball in the water on that par 3 2 weeks ago for a double he would have beaten Rory at the one of the biggest purse tournaments in Europe.

5 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Hatton to LIV, and Meronk joining as well.  Meronk is a really big get of an up and coming talent winning big euro events and Australia the last 2 years.  If he didn’t chip his ball in the water on that par 3 2 weeks ago for a double he would have beaten Rory at the one of the biggest purse tournaments in Europe.

Weren't there rumors about hatton right after rahm left? He was prob always going but figured he could play a couple more tournies on the pga tour first.

13 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Hatton is no slouch either plus he's a big personality makes for good TV. 

34 minutes ago, jasson621 said:

Hatton is no slouch either plus he's a big personality makes for good TV. 

Yeah Hatton is a bigger name, but Meronk has way more big time potential.  I spotted that guy’s talent about 3 years ago and he has delivered pretty big since then on that tour.  Still furious he cost me a 250k win as the betting favorite going into R4 in a 2 horse race between him and Ewen Ferguson.

Both of these are much bigger and better than the rumors of Rahm’s friend Adri Arnaus.  He was good for about 6 months then totally fell off.

50 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Weren't there rumors about hatton right after rahm left? He was prob always going but figured he could play a couple more tournies on the pga tour first.

He and Fleetwood had been rumored even before Rahm signed.  

The season needed to kick off with Rahm having a team full of players.  I would guess the offer only stood for so long.  You definitely take 60 million now vs playing 3 designated events before the Masters and miss out.

I hope Scottie goes next just to make heads explode everywhere.

LIV Mayakoba is this week.  I have no idea what LIV is thinking going against a designated event at Pebble, and then hosting a tourney in Vegas the same week as the WMPO.  They must think they’ve arrived with Rahm joining Brooks, Bryson, Cam for the majority of the recent major winners along with the talents like Meronk but I think it’s a really bad idea.

Meronk and Hatton will love their first taste of this.

I give the LIV Mayakoba coverage a solid B. 

Things that need to go:

-the stupid putting line that I can never follow and looks wrong with how they line it up

-the hole layout making it look like a video game

-the international theme music.  I prefer the CBS tune.

-perhaps nitpicky but the course commentator’s head sets.  They don’t look professional broadcasting imo.

I like that they show more shots and more personal stuff about the players and tourney.  The PGA Tour is copying everything that they do so it must be better for golf.  It’s more money, guys that are journeymen actually feel like they’re a part of something and friends.  It’s here to stay.  PGA is definitely superior but could cherry pick as much from LIV as possible while keeping it the same ole pga.

LIV vs PGA in a Ryder Cup format needs to happen sooner than later.  If they hype that up enough it might pull the ratings close enough (but probably not equal to) where they’d be foolish for golf not to.  Especially while the top LIV guys are still elite (we all know half of them are old past their glory days or never was guys).  The elite are still as good as the top 5 on the PGA.

2 hours ago, mikeman said:

I watched  about half of the LIV coverage, tried popping in to the PGA coverage but it's basically unwatchable - too many nobodies on the leaderboard.

You’re a tough customer.  4 major winners in the top 6 is hardly nobodies.  Meanwhile LIV is basically Rahm and Brooks and a bunch of washed up guys.  Although Niemann and Burmester are good players.

50 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

You’re a tough customer.  4 major winners in the top 6 is hardly nobodies.  Meanwhile LIV is basically Rahm and Brooks and a bunch of washed up guys.  Although Niemann and Burmester are good players.

Just stop, Whndom clark is not a draw, I dont care if he did win one, yea sheffler is great, thomas isn't and the rest are worse players than the extras on LIV.

image.thumb.png.235d880028383271b6e91c7bd8bd21b8.png

1 hour ago, mikeman said:

Just stop, Whndom clark is not a draw, I dont care if he did win one, yea sheffler is great, thomas isn't and the rest are worse players than the extras on LIV.

You’re trying way too hard to be contrarian in favor of LIV or you’re just dumb when it comes to golf.  Lol at being a fan of any player.  It’s all the broadcast and the players that have earned their way to that point.  You acting like you’re invested in any golfer or leaderboard is kind of pathetic.  

Rahm, Brooks, Bryson, DJ would all be 25/1 or less pre LIV at every major so we all know that they’re good and the “lol LIV 72 holes of real golf” narrative is all but gone by now after Brooks winning the PGA Championship.  But you know the majority of this LIV leaderboard is just as boring as the PGA and that Ludvig and Detry are real talents (I could just about strangle Detry after what he cost me last week and for his whole career).

9 minutes ago, Deemer said:

Lololol LIV is so bad 

All I know is that the PGA keeps copying everything that they do, the top talent keeps going there, anti-LIV tards suddenly view the guys that were sub 22/1 worthy in majors as suddenly 70/1, and Rory/Collin etc keep discussining ways to copy LIV for the good of golf.  I think they’re here to stay but if they don’t they’ve at least improved the game of golf viewership.  The “any shot any time” that was strictly for the Masters should a welcomed feature.

I don’t hate on anybody for not liking LIV.  Most are old and just like it the way it always was.  It’s the younger ones that just throw out a bunch of “herp derp” nonsense that make me wonder what’s the problem.  I mean seriously if LIV Mayakoba was on CBS today with Jim Nantz broadcasting it and they had the CBS theme music, graphics, commercials then would it still be so lol?  I just don’t understand the hate.  It could be the PGA or Golf Channel as you previously knew it asap but it gets trolled after 1 year.  They have broadcasting improvements needed for sure.

10 hours ago, mikeman said:

LOL you're troll game is A+ still, Aberg is going to be a star solid board. 

16 minutes ago, mikeman said:

A lot of young talented golfers get to be stars, he's not there yet however.

Lol dude just give it up already.  He’s won 2x in less than half a season as a pro.  His odds are 25/1 and under ever tourney he tees it up at.  Pebble doesn’t even seem to be the most ideal fit for his game and he’s in 2nd place regardless.  He’s 100% arrived already.

5 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Lol dude just give it up already.  He’s won 2x in less than half a season as a pro.  His odds are 25/1 and under ever tourney he tees it up at.  Pebble doesn’t even seem to be the most ideal fit for his game and he’s in 2nd place regardless.  He’s 100% arrived already.

So what, almost every LIV golfer other than the rookies have won tournaments. Winning a tournament is fine but it doesn't make you a player people want to watch.

Wyndam clark is a good golfer and he won a major but no one wants to watch him.

By the way, the reason the odds on these clowns are not sky high is because all the good players now play on the LIV tour. if every pro golfer quit and I joined the tour I might be a favorite, despite the fact i couldn't break 110.

2 minutes ago, mikeman said:

So what, almost every LIV golfer other than the rookies have won tournaments. Winning a tournament is fine but it doesn't make you a player people want to watch.

Wyndam clark is a good golfer and he won a major but no one wants to watch him.

By the way, the reason the odds on these clowns are not sky high is because all the good players now play on the LIV tour. if every pro golfer quit and I joined the tour I might be a favorite, despite the fact i couldn't break 110.

80% of the LIV guys are old washed up guys, never was guys, or young guys that haven’t won anything.  The stars of anybody wanting to see them on their tv are limited to Brooks, Bryson, DJ, Rahm, Cam Smith, and maybe Hatton to watch a temper tantrum.

btw check Aberg’s odds anywhere he tees it up.  He’s 25/1 to win the Masters right now vs all the PGA and top LIV guys.

7 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

80% of the LIV guys are old washed up guys, never was guys, or young guys that haven’t won anything.  The stars of anybody wanting to see them on their tv are limited to Brooks, Bryson, DJ, Rahm, Cam Smith, and maybe Hatton to watch a temper tantrum.

btw check Aberg’s odds anywhere he tees it up.  He’s 25/1 to win the Masters right now vs all the PGA and top LIV guys.

You left of tons of fantastic players, far better than the clowns on the supposed elevated event at pebble beach.

image.thumb.png.de4005d20f096365505d97bf1fc6164b.png

image.png.d699cfe4828c4931bc6e86c973cfd74b.png