What am I missing with LIV golf?

Shavencoinpurse

13 minutes ago, Screw Andrews said:

This is the first time I've seen the CW channel.....could someone tell me wtf I'm watching....I can hear some player caddie stuff and some god awful music...but no announcers? really wtf it's like some 14 year old is producing this stuff

Are we watching the same thing that I see on the app?  All I hear is announcers.  That music stuff goes on early and then fades away as it goes on. That’s part of the party atmosphere of LIV.  This is a lot like a Golf Channel broadcast.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, jasson621 said:

I have Feherty on mine and a few others.

Feherty, the other dude that used to be on the Golf Channel on the weekends covering the rounds before they began on CBS, and some foreign guy.  They have a former pro chick from Singapore and a black chick as the on the course reporters.  It’s literally like the Golf Channel basically with a F1 attempt going on.  Becoming the CBS broadcast in year 1 is completely impossible.  That’s top notch.

5 minutes ago, Screw Andrews said:

I'm watching an OTA broadcast at one of my offices.....since it started. No announcers at all and no audio on some commercials too.....Saudi's  better tell the CW to step up their game....it's laughable

You’re getting it way different than what’s on the app.  Try the LIV Golf Plus app if you can.  It’s the same without commercials that CW has even though they barely have any.  But yeah if CW is streaming on regular cable/satellite and having problems, and getting banned by major markets then they might need to work something out with Fox if possible.

1 minute ago, jasson621 said:

My cable has it KTLA/CW channel 5( local is ktla)

What do you think so far?  Would you at least watch this on the weekends for a while before the PGA Tour started in the afternoon?  For broadcast week 1 of the first real year this is good to me.  I didn’t see any of the youtube crap from year 1.  Again there’s nothing wrong with watching both and both existing.

4 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

What do you think so far?  Would you at least watch this on the weekends for a while before the PGA Tour started in the afternoon?  For broadcast week 1 of the first real year this is good to me.  I didn’t see any of the youtube crap from year 1.  Again there’s nothing wrong with watching both and both existing.

meh so far, watching bits and pieces between races

One thing that makes ryder cup pres cup  etc.. so great is it isn't every week it is once every two years and has meaning. Attempting to compare this in any way shape or form to that is laughable. If it succeeds so be it. 

8 minutes ago, jasson621 said:

meh so far, watching bits and pieces between races

One thing that makes ryder cup pres cup  etc.. so great is it isn't every week it is once every two years and has meaning. Attempting to compare this in any way shape or form to that is laughable. If it succeeds so be it. 

Again I think it’s more of an attempt to be like F1 vs the PGA Tour being like Nascar.  Personally I can’t watch either racing series, but there’s plenty of F1 fans that think Nascar is a total joke and vice versa.  LIV is just doing something closer to that where the team winning is all about money for all.  F1 is nothing but about mega money with incredibly skilled racers.

In the end your watching guys hit golf shots just like the PGA with year 1 attempt at broadcasting it, just like you would be watching a guy drive a car in the other example.  Golf was boring and unwatchable back in the 70s and 80s from what I’ve seen.  CBS is a masterpiece today.  

I’m sure they will take feedback of what people like and don’t like and go from there.  If anything maybe the PGA Tour snags a concept or broadcast point that they were missing prior.

I think the design style of the broadcast booth, the graphics, etc. is a little too much Planet Hollywood/Vegas kind of look if you will.  We’ve all grown up seeing the booth of the nightly news and regular broadcast booths in sports.  Keep it like that.  

I also agree that there’s a few too many jokes going on.  They need to tone the looks and broadcast down to something more normal for it to seem real.  This is a solid start though.

Also these are the exact same golfers I was just watching in 2021.  None of them seem like they could care less if they win.  I agree the Poulter/Westwood/Phil types need to go.  You can’t have Champions Tour guys staying on this.  Get younger guys.

15 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

This shotgun start shows more golf for sure and is kind of cool, but how the hell does LIV plan on ever having the experience of a grand stand and crowd filled with people at 18 to close out winning a tournament to make for an epic winning broadcast moment?

They don’t and the product sucks

4 hours ago, Deemer said:

They don’t and the product sucks

How the hell would you know what their long term plan is for this?  It’s more interesting than the Golf Channel broadcast of any live action they show.  If it stays as is with no crowds on the last day and just a trial on tv then yeah it will fold.  

Do you think the PGA Tour had impeccable broadcasting and grand stands on 18 as we know it on tv today?  Hell no golf was unwatchable from what I’ve seen in the 70s-90s until Tiger came along.  Yes CBS and their typical Sat/Sun broadcast is amazing.  LIV is trying things out.  We’ll see what they ultimately finalize it too.  The F1 team and money concept might get fans that never would watch golf otherwise.