• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mikeman

• Bigrunner

• RaiseThese

• kovacsbar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The mueller report will not even be made public, the day it arrives it'll be tossed in the trash can.

Lol! RepubliCONs go to strategy, obstruction of justice! Followed by covering up crimes. How did that strategy workout last November?

But then again your predictions are always wrong. If for some reason you're correct, Mueller will be more than happy to testify in front of Congress. Making the RepubliCONs obstruction of justice and crimes looking doubly bad.

Constitutional law expert and Harvard professor Lawrence Lessig dismissed President Donald Trump’s characterization of the immigrant situation at the Mexican border as a crisis on Sunday, then said the real national emergency was “this president.”

Asked about Trump’s threat to declare a national emergency on the southern border so that he can order his wall built without congressional approval, Lessig told MSNBC: “The man is using words that have no connection to reality.”

“He says we have a national crisis … a national emergency. I agree we have a national emergency, but the emergency is this president,” Lessig added. “The emergency is the fact we don’t have an executive who’s exercising his power in a responsible way.”

Lessig said the president can’t build his wall without the backing of Congress.

“Ultimately he has no constitutional authority to exercise the power to build this wall without Congress’ approval,” Lessig said. “These statutes were certainly not written with the intent to give a man like Donald Trump the power that he’s now claiming.”

In an opinion piece Lessig published in The Guardian on Friday, he said the Constitution would not uphold the actions of a president who shut down the government to insist on a program that was not supported by the public. Lessing referred to the situation as a “veto-ocracy,” ruled by “petulance” rather than “principle.”

If the Republicans support Trump in this, they are saying that any president can “support whatever policy he likes,” including, say, to nationalize health insurance.

“The fools are they who enable this constitutional immorality,” Lessig wrote. “Those fools are the Senate Republicans, who have placed party over country, and President Trump over the Republican Party.”

Poor Donny Boy! A trust fund baby President says he can relate to the federal employees not getting paid. Lol!

He can relate maybe because of all the vendors he stiffed.

Donny Boy, a lifetime criminal, attacks desperate migrants, makes up a crisis at the Southern border. So many unsophisticated Americans get conned by his lies and myths.

Donny Boy is trapped. He is now looking for an exit to save face!

Fishy Boy, I'm amazed how unsophisticated you are? You know beer and gambling, nothing else. Lol

Trump is the worst President ever!

Blue checks pointing out how there used to be 200k illegal crossings a month but now it is down to 40k per month. 

That's still too damn many!

While I think it could be hyperbolic to call this a crisis, he apparently is going off a WaPo article from not too long ago. 

But if he drums up support this week and next week re-opens the govt, then we can put this mess behind us and move on. 

I believe a President deserves freedom/leeway to act in a Nation's best interests. 

Didn't both Trump University and The Trump Foundation get shutdown by the government due to fraud? Just wondering. Americans voted for this fraud? Support this fraud? Fishhead how could you?

Did you think maybe people just gave a big FU to the clintons? Why would I consider anyone who can’t pay a visit to my side of the state? How was she going to serve my needs? When you get poor advice from your cronies, you get the Trumps. Enjoy.

GL on your surgery today.

So 4k may have tried entering with about a dozen at the border.

Even 1 is too much!

They shouldn't mislead, tho, but will await the speech tonight to see if that's what he does.

• rdalert447 changed the title to Why is Every Liberal at TGF So Angry?
  • Jimmy Hoffa changed the title to TGF Master Political Thread