#PhilandoCastle Minneosta Police Shoot Black Motorist 7/7 Video #FalconHeightsshooting

maron

The only thing that chart proves is exactly what it was intended to. You take random charts to try and prove a completely different point.

I'm proving that, just as was the case in NY, black people are profiled so they are "caught" with possession of marijuana with much great frequency than white people despite both parties using at similar rates. 

How about this Cop, is this enough to prove racial profiling is prevalent throughout police forces?

• In 2010, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 601,285 times.

518,849 were totally innocent (86 percent).

315,083 were black (54 percent).

189,326 were Latino (33 percent).

54,810 were white (9 percent).

295,902 were aged 14-24 (49 percent).

• In 2011, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 685,724 times.

605,328 were totally innocent (88 percent).

350,743 were black (53 percent).

223,740 were Latino (34 percent).

61,805 were white (9 percent).

341,581 were aged 14-24 (51 percent).

• In 2012, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 532,911 times

473,644 were totally innocent (89 percent).

284,229 were black (55 percent).

165,140 were Latino (32 percent).

50,366 were white (10 percent).

• In 2013, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 191,558 times.

169,252 were totally innocent (88 percent).

104,958 were black (56 percent).

55,191 were Latino (29 percent).

20,877 were white (11 percent).

• In 2014, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 45,787 times.

37,744 were totally innocent (82 percent).

24,319 were black (53 percent).

12,489 were Latino (27 percent).

5,467 were white (12 percent).

• In 2015, New Yorkers were stopped by the police 22,939 times.

18,353 were totally innocent (80 percent).

12,223 were black (54 percent).

6,598 were Latino (29 percent).

2,567 were white (11 percent).

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ever take in to consideration of the racial makeup of those cities in the last chart? Did you ever think that white kids are most likely in their moms basement and the blacks are out in the streets smoking their blunts. Blacks aren't the smartest people.

I posted the nation wide statistics... I broke it down in the metropolitan areas because Cook County was on there (which by the way, covers the suburbs of Chicago too pal, not just the city) and I witnessed the garbage in Cook county my entire life.

I was a white kid. I certainly wasn't in my moms basement; I was out doing dumb shit with my other friends. Being destructive and stupid. Difference was when I was caught doing something dumb I was told to stop and go home. 

the charts are skewed

a white guy that smokes pot once at a party counts the same as a black person that smoked it 365 days a year

yes the white 20 year old is as likely to use marijuana in a year, but on average he will smoke a lot less and possess it a lot less often

Says who? 

What?  :laugh

Another blanket statement with absolutely no truth or facts attached to it. 

Lol no. 

It's has plenty to do with  socioeconomic though than simple racism.  Blacks are poorand  are more likely to live in crime filled areas with lots of police presence.

I guess I'm not thinking straight, but serious question...How do they catch and arrest people for possession if not during the commission of other crimes? I guess if they are just out smoking it in the open?

Normally when anyone, including myself thinks of something very clever, play on words etc, I find that it has already been thought of by someone else on the Internet. I just googled #Taillightsmatter and see nothing.

TryTryTryMayHaveSomethingThere.

Quick. Trademark.

The truth is that cops are hypersensitive to blacks with a gun because we all know(and cops definitely do) that  high numbers of blacks are criminals, and the thuggish gun culture among them is well known. it's a shame this apparently innocent guy got killed but blacks have no one to blame but themselves.

The truth is that cops are hypersensitive to blacks with a gun because we all know(and cops definitely do) that  high numbers of blacks are criminals, and the thuggish gun culture among them is well known. it's a shame this apparently innocent guy got killed but blacks have no one to blame but themselves.

ok  fair enough that's one way to spin it.

by that logic women who are beaten by men in relationships are to blame as they have a strong culture of wanting to be in and taken care of in a relationship.  ok makes sense

ok  fair enough that's one way to spin it.

by that logic women who are beaten by men in relationships are to blame as they have a strong culture of wanting to be in and taken care of in a relationship.  ok makes sense

By the way, black  men are well known for knocking their woman around, right? Who's fault is that?

Info here for those interested .   so you know he amazing school and amazing staff that Mr Philandro Castile worked  in his career (paying taxes, helping the community) as the cafeteria coordinator is an International Peace site.

International Peace Site
J.J Hill is proud of its designation as an international peace site. We originally became a peace site in October, 1992. We celebrate peace with a special day each year. Each classroom develops an activity, a presentation, or a play to illustrate a specific theme for that year. The theme relates in some way to the overarching goal of peace. It's a delightful and beautiful time in our yearly calendar, a time of joy and creativity.

Peace means that, on the classroom level, we involve children in making peace and building community. Students are taught responsibilities such as facilitating a class meeting, peer mediation, and mentorship of younger students. Community service is an important part of what we do. It can involve care of the classroom environment, service on the student patrol, or student council, listening to younger students read in another classroom, or social problem solving skills that emphasize listening and talking rather than fighting and arguing.

J.J. Hill Montessori takes pride on the continuity of its staff, and the diversity of its children. Many teachers have been with the program since elementary grades were introduced in 1989. The student body mixes students of all nationalities. J. J. Hill has multi-age classrooms. Younger children are indirectly prepared for the lessons they will receive when they are older; older children offer help and guidance to those who are younger. H.E.A.R.T is an ongoing committee that writes grants, and renews fine arts programs for the school: drama, visual art, multi-media, and dance. The school offers developmental education at its finest.

Children in the typical Montessori classroom are relaxed and concentrated. It may take you a few moments to locate the teacher, whose presence is supportive rather than dominant. You might find her working with a small group on a raised platform, or with a single individual. Montessori children work with specially made materials; physicality and color pervade the room. Montessori said that education passes from "the hand to the brain."

A "prepared environment" allows choice of work; choice of work stimulates concentration; the responsibility for taking things out and putting them away develops order; and the ability to move about the room enhances coordination, maturity and independence. Serious about the child's capacity as well as the propitiousness of the age, Montessori claimed it is our job to "prepare children for life." Our own longitudinal study verifies students' academic success when they leave for traditional schools. But the invisible part, the education of character, is our fundamental goal.

from school web site showing the excellent committed staff

NUTRITION SERVICES       Phil Castile

Cafeteria Supervisor

[email protected]

The woman stated that he had a concealed carry permit.

I am interested to find out whether that is true or not...

Many people in Mn(where I am) are on the radio, etc, today talking about being pulled over, telling the cop they have a permit, and the cops say Ok, never ask to see the gun,dont tell them to get out of the car, never do anything. There has to be more to the story...or it could just be another rogue cop not taking any chances with blacks.

Anytime a person dies, it's a tragedy whether the cop is at fault or not.

But, thousands of cops interact with black folks each day in America with no issue whatsoever but yet we focus on one isolated incident as if there's a rapid epidemic taking place in our country.

The stats just don't back that assertion up.

Police kill just a bit over three civilians every 24 hrs in the USA. About 40% are people of color and almost half are unarmed at the time of the shooting.

Not sure what defines 'epidemic', but we can't be too far off that for most reasonable observers

vocun8zcx7n8ljdzys8w.jpg

Jezebel Piece

The shooting of black people by the police has been happening for as long as America has existed. But this cycle—the graphic videos, the celebrity social media posts, the GoFundMe campaigns, the essays, the thinkpieces, and then the wait to do it all again—it’s fully visible. We ache and we yell and we hope that, eventually, the obvious weight of all this pain will be enough to move something to change. But at times hoping in public feels even more precarious. We cannot appeal to a national conscience when, as Stokely Carmichael reminded us, there is none.

Slavery in the United States lasted about 240 years. The lynching era lasted for 70 more. And now, in 2016, black people are living through a second struggle for our civil rights: we’re asking for independent investigations, body cameras, more rigorous police training, and a minimum affordance of personhood. We’re asking for something very simple that sometimes feels impossible: for the nation to be compassionate, for the nation to recognize our humanity.

Every time another black person dies at the hands of police, it feels like we’re slamming into a wall. The state and white supremacy have perfectly crafted yet another tactic to keep us scared and compliant. As with lynching, it’s less about the total loss of life—though the numbers are horrific—and more about the constant state of fear it breeds, audible and visible in the way Philando Castile’s girlfriend refers to the officer who just shot her boyfriend as “sir.”

Even when we channel this fear into work, they hate us. We raise funds for victims and they raise more money for the killer cops. We push for accountability and they tell us a child deserved to die.

I can continue to vote and go to protests and sign petitions and donate money and get in arguments with racist white people. And I can write. I can write again and again for as long as the this nation piles up black bodies. But when you’ve just watched a man bleed to death after a routine traffic stop while a child sits in the back seat, it sure as hell doesn’t feel like much.