Official Dem Nominee Thread (NO POLITICS - JUST BETTING TALK)

tailsyoulose

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing Joe cant remember shit.. :laugh from Apr 2019

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) said Tuesday that she believes women who say they felt uncomfortable after receiving unwanted touching from former Vice President Joe Biden.

"I believe them and I respect them being able to tell their story and having the courage to do it," Harris said at a presidential campaign event in Nevada.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/437107-harris-i-believe-biden-accusers

You're right there.

With that in mind, it is interesting what has happened to the Democratic Party. When a junior senator that was only elected in 2017 is the most qualified candidate, that speaks to the failures among the old guard.

Biden IS The Old guard.   The last thing he needed as a running mate was another Old Guard, which usually means another old, white male.   This pick was for Biden, but also for the Future of the D party, and I think Biden and/or the people around him were smart enough to realize it.  

Biden IS The Old guard. The last thing he needed as a running mate was another Old Guard, which usually means another old, white male. This pick was for Biden, but also for the Future of the D party, and I think Biden and/or the people around him were smart enough to realize it.

The fact that another old guard choice wouldnt have been viable on any ticket is the point though. Look at the most tenured members of Congress that are Dems. How many of them would have been viable VP picks if an outsider was the nominee?

The fact that another old guard choice wouldnt have been viable on any ticket is the point though. Look at the most tenured members of Congress that are Dems. How many of them would have been viable VP picks if an outsider was the nominee?

Not many that would have wanted it.  And that's a good thing, IMO.   The D party is changing with the times, and Biden is the last of the old guard dinosaurs(hopefully) that is transitioning them there.